Detailing World

Detailing World (http://www.detailingworld.co.uk/forum/index.php)
-   Pre-wash stages, Washing, Drying, Clay & 'Quick Detailing' (http://www.detailingworld.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   £88 Car drier 1st time review (http://www.detailingworld.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=416667)

mr.t 19-10-2019 10:18 PM

£88 Car drier 1st time review

hi guys,

So ive been contemplating getting a car dryer. reading many reviews i got put off reading that theyre good for drying door shuts and grills....and for that reason i thought no waste of money for just that!

my needs:

I wanted something that could dry the whole car or most of it.

The reason, i have used patting method but hated the feel of dragging it to dry espesially the doors where i cant "pat dry". I will be getting my car machine polished in the new year and i wanted to improve my method to avoid or reduce more swirls.

I looked at a fair few . 45 quid amazon/ebay dog driers and that was originally my budget but then i came across 1 slightly dearer but the description gave me the impression it was more powerful so i opted for it. its £88 delivered but it does come with wheels which the £45 ones dont.

Tried it today and WOW! what a brilliant piece of kit. very sturdy and seems of great quality with plenty of weight but luckily it has the wheels.

it has two temps..warm and cold and two speeds.low and high.

i wish i had brought this before..i managed to dry the whole car!

time : I was drying it for aprox 30-40 minutes but that did include expermimenting, chasingwater around abit and recording it. i would upload it on here but i cant figure out how to sadly.

However it was actually a pleasure to use. i did rinse the car off with autoglym polar seal so there was beading which helped lots.

i was relunctant to spend almost double of my budget but im glad i did.

This 1 has 3.2hp.

If your looking at buying the "Big boi" version its maby a tiny bit more powerful but price is around £130-£140 last time i checked compared to this 1 i bought.

If your looking for a drier dont bother with the 1-2hp ones, as they are designed for grills and wheels...but atvery similar pricing to this. i found this great power,sturdy and very very good to dry the whole car without touching it.

dont hesitate this is a great tool and im glad i ordered it.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

TonyHill 19-10-2019 11:42 PM

How accurate are 2 of the reviews on Amazon?
One says it's more suited to doing motorbikes rather than cars? The other says it makes an ear piercing noise with the nozzles attached that disturbs the whole neighbourhood?? :rolleyes:

JoeyJoeJo 20-10-2019 09:10 AM

I bought a 50 quid one last year, it was also 2800w, has two heat settings, has variable speed vs hi/lo.

What would be the difference apart from the wheels?

macca666 20-10-2019 11:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JoeyJoeJo (Post 5593029)
I bought a 50 quid one last year, it was also 2800w, has two heat settings, has variable speed vs hi/lo.

I bought a similar or the same one.

Difficulty I see is that from what I can gather is that the OP is saying to get the one he bought over the other one without having tried the other. And as Tony replied there are some reviews which are not so positive (though i generally take amazon reviews with a pinch of salt as to whether they're real or not)

I'm more than happy with mine and reckon it could dry a full car if need be though I did buy mine for grills, wheels, mirrors etc

Ste T 20-10-2019 02:16 PM

Thank you for this is is something i have been toying with, and its on offer with free delivery so a great buy. thank you

https://amzn.to/2qwy9hZ

rojer386 20-10-2019 02:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JoeyJoeJo (Post 5593029)

I have the same and bought it after using Macca's. I have used it in the past to dry a while car with no issues at all. Most recently I used it to remove dust after machine polishing to avoid marring etc.

mr.t 21-10-2019 01:17 PM

to answer the questions..

I CAN 100 PERCENT VOUCH you can use this on the whole car. i even used it yesterday after i got caught out in the rain, brought it into the garage and dried the rain water beads off which means no dirty water left on the car.

the reviews on amazon :

when i 1st turned it on i did think its loud but i didnt know what to expect but once on the car its as loud as a normal vacum cleaner. i had no complaints from neighbours.

when i turned it on it did make a really high whistling high pitch noise but it may have been not connected the tubes properly but it didnt cause me to go deaf and it didnt cause me no agro. i really enjoyed drying the car watching the beads run off. i kept thinking i love it!

the difference from what i can tell are:

£88 has wheels £45 hasnt.

Both are 2800w BUT In the description the £88 one says power: POWERFUL TURBO BLASTER: 2800 watts generating a wind speed of 55-85 m/s

55 to 85 m/s . according to google 85m/s translates to 190 mph!

the cheaper £45 one says : 25M/S to 65M/S . 65m/s translates to 145 mph

this was the decidingfactor for me so i took the gamble with the dearer powerful one. both are 2800w but if you want to make sure you can use it on a car ..either get the cheaper one that MIGHT be enough but i can deffinetly vouch for the £88 beast. no regrets.

Shiny 21-10-2019 01:26 PM

"6 September 2019
Verified Purchase
Amazing dryer so powerful Iím very happy bought this for my motorcycle and bicycle and not need to use clothes anymore "

I'd still recommend a set of leathers when on your bike though mate :lol:

\Rian 21-10-2019 02:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mr.t (Post 5593199)
to answer the questions..

I CAN 100 PERCENT VOUCH you can use this on the whole car. i even used it yesterday after i got caught out in the rain, brought it into the garage and dried the rain water beads off which means no dirty water left on the car.

the reviews on amazon :

when i 1st turned it on i did think its loud but i didnt know what to expect but once on the car its as loud as a normal vacum cleaner. i had no complaints from neighbours.

when i turned it on it did make a really high whistling high pitch noise but it may have been not connected the tubes properly but it didnt cause me to go deaf and it didnt cause me no agro. i really enjoyed drying the car watching the beads run off. i kept thinking i love it!

the difference from what i can tell are:

£88 has wheels £45 hasnt.

Both are 2800w BUT In the description the £88 one says power: POWERFUL TURBO BLASTER: 2800 watts generating a wind speed of 55-85 m/s

55 to 85 m/s . according to google 85m/s translates to 190 mph!

the cheaper £45 one says : 25M/S to 65M/S . 65m/s translates to 145 mph

this was the decidingfactor for me so i took the gamble with the dearer powerful one. both are 2800w but if you want to make sure you can use it on a car ..either get the cheaper one that MIGHT be enough but i can deffinetly vouch for the £88 beast. no regrets.

Cars come in different sizes for example fiat 500 vs Vauxhall Zafira, a Zafira is about double if note more than a 500 so what car did you dry and how long?

Takes me 10 mins to dry my car as well as applying Dodo juice future armour.

You can make the argument that drying this way means you don't dry the car with a towel but if I applied Dodo juice future armour to a dry car I would still have to buff it so unless you're never touching the car at all so im yet to be convinced

mr.t 21-10-2019 02:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rian (Post 5593208)
Cars come in different sizes for example fiat 500 vs Vauxhall Zafira, a Zafira is about double if note more than a 500 so what car did you dry and how long?

Takes me 10 mins to dry my car as well as applying Dodo juice future armour.

You can make the argument that drying this way means you don't dry the car with a towel but if I applied Dodo juice future armour to a dry car I would still have to buff it so unless you're never touching the car at all so im yet to be convinced

that is true and the car i dried was a 500. i did spend a good half hour drying it but i think its because i was just messing around with it but i will try it again next time to see how quickly with no distractments (like recording) i can dry it to a good standard and ill report back.

i would put video up but i dont know how to upload anything on here.