Detailing World

Detailing World (http://www.detailingworld.co.uk/forum/index.php)
-   Waxstock 2022 (Ricoh Arena - Coventry June 5th 2022) (http://www.detailingworld.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=254)
-   -   Waxstock 2021 is it taking place ? (http://www.detailingworld.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=424422)

Vans 13-01-2021 04:09 PM

Waxstock 2021 is it taking place ?

Is Waxstock taking place this year if the Covid_19 restrictions have been lifted by the summer ?

MDC250 13-01-2021 04:38 PM

Iíd bet my house that is not happening this year [emoji85]

muzzer 13-01-2021 04:41 PM

I'd agree with MDC250, i would almost bet his house that it isnt happening :lol:

Soul boy 68 13-01-2021 04:45 PM

It takes months of planning and if restrictions are lifted in late April it doesnít leave much time. So I also doubt it.

nicks16v 13-01-2021 04:56 PM

I cant see it happening either to be fair.

WHIZZER 13-01-2021 05:52 PM

Yep the planning involved is huge and the guys behind start early - Im sure if they can they will endeavour to do it but its a massive ask

Vans 14-01-2021 03:51 PM

I've looked on there Facebook page and they have got the 18th July down as the date for this year's event if it takes place.

Blue Al 14-01-2021 04:02 PM

I’m in the exhibition industry and we are expecting things to be happening from June onwards,
The trouble with wax stock is it is a public rather than trade event so visitor density will be much higher than for a trade only event which means far more hoops to jump through to keep things safe for everyone,
I wouldn’t rule it out at this early stage, Easter will give a better perspective on what’s possible, if it is a late decision to exhibit feel to drop me a line as my company is based in Warwick so we are local to the venue and very used to working with short lead-times.

MDC250 14-01-2021 05:35 PM

We will be in lockdown til Easter. Not a chance.

After screwing over nursing students etc and not paying them for effectively working and not just working but in very difficult situations, itís suddenly dawned on the powers that be that they need to staff Nightingale Hospitals (which will need to open anytime soon) and theyíve reversed that position. As soon as they can get them open they will, which means itís about to hit the fan.

muzzer 14-01-2021 06:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blue Al (Post 5701523)
Iím in the exhibition industry and we are expecting things to be happening from June onwards,
The trouble with wax stock is it is a public rather than trade event so visitor density will be much higher than for a trade only event which means far more hoops to jump through to keep things safe for everyone,
I wouldnít rule it out at this early stage, Easter will give a better perspective on whatís possible, if it is a late decision to exhibit feel to drop me a line as my company is based in Warwick so we are local to the venue and very used to working with short lead-times.

I'm similar to yourself in that i deal with supplying equipment for dental events and so far, bar one course in January, January is a wash out. I am fully expecting February and March to go the same way.