Detailing World Forum banner

Which sort of mitt for rinseless wash?

21K views 36 replies 12 participants last post by  A&J 
#1 ·
Hi everyone,

As above, what mitt do you choose for your rinseless wash? I'm New at this sort of washing. I've read From a normal sponge till a noodle mitt. I've got a Gyeon smoothie, megs washmitt and microfiber sponge.

At the moment its 1+1 in my lical autoparts store. So i can easy buy 2 extra noodles or mitts.

Would love some advice! 👌

#5 ·
Never used it but by the looks of it it looks good, maybe a bit pricey.
Another good and cheaper option could be Soft99 Smooth Egg Creamy Soft Sponge.

There is nothing wrong with using a sponge if it is soft and good quality.

Anyways this is the setup I use with the sponge I use since last year when I started doing rinseless washes and have not noticed any apparent swirls

I also tryed using the noodle mitt and microfiber towels (for the Garry Dean wash method) but I prefer the sponge.

#18 ·
#33 ·
There was a post on here showing someone's method of using small mf towels singularly on each panel. So you start with 8 or 9 in your solution, take a towel, do a panel and then take the next clean towel for the next panel...

Then someone came along with a modification to that method by rolling the towel as you moved it across the panel such that the dirt didn't get dragged put just picked up. The towel was then turned to use a clean face on the next wipe and so on.

The towel is never put back into the clean solution to rinse it off and you only mix enough solution to thoroughly soak the number of towels required to clean the car.

You still use a pre-wash mix of the rinseless to soften the dirt before using the wash solution.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.