Detailing World Forum banner

Bruhl MD2800 Pro dryer/blower review

13K views 19 replies 11 participants last post by  AB_ 
#1 ·
There's been a few posts about blowers/dryers recently and wanting to upgrade from the handheld mains Silverline dryer I've been using for many years, I decided on the Bruhl MD2800. My Silverline did a great job of blowing water from the nooks, crannies, wheels and grills but was nowhere near being up to the job of drying the whole car. It served me well for the £25 I paid for it. I've always wanted a MetroVac Master Blaster but at nearly £400, this was never going to happen. The twin fan Bruhl MD2800 looked like it might do the job with the increased in power plus warm air so placed an order. I tried it out for the first time yesterday after a routine weekly wash of my VW CC. It comes with a long 3 meter hose and seems nicely put together. There are 3 hose ends and I decided on the one with the small round end. It was very obvious that this machine was very powerful. You need a firm hold of the end of the hose when you turn it on as if it slips out of your hand, it thrashes around like it's possessed. Could hit the car or you if not careful. I had a problem with the hose coming away from the connector that attaches at the machine end but re-attached with a dab or two of superglue and hasn't come off again. The water just flew off all the panels and was able to dry the whole car in 15 mins starting at the top and working my way down with assistance of gravity. I didn't need to use a drying towel at all and finished off with a plush microfibre and QD to sort the odd drops that remained. The long hose meant if I placed on the ground beside the car between the front and rear doors, I could do that side of the car plus most of the front and rear too. I then moved the unit to the other side to finish off so no multiple repositioning of the unit with would have been a pain.
I have read a few people don't think it's up to drying the whole car but I've had no problems. I dried it again this morning to perfection after overnight rain and took 15 mins once more. The CC is a reasonably large car so I reckon my TT Roadster will take under 10 mins. I think its a great machine and has given me the upgrade I've been after for some time. My drying towels could be redundant now. I got mine for £157 but others have found them just under £150. Even at the r.r.p of £185 I think it's worth it.
Here's a quick video I did which shows how effective it is even though it was very awkward filming and drying at the same time. Look at that water disappear!

See less See more
#4 ·
I blew mine off (ooo matron) with a stihl leaf vac today (like normal) after using Fusso for the first time. I’ve never seen water slide about like that before. I was shocked to be honest.

Good review btw.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

#19 ·
I'm getting one for my Brompton (excessive!) and will of course use on the cars too. Looks a doddle to dry, as I spend ages on the cars even with extra monster large towels patting dry. The air dryer will be a synch and better job too. Just can't use it at 9pm as before lol

Great video and review. Thank you. £198 is cheapest I've seen it so far...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.