Detailing World Forum banner

Sonax BSD

20K views 47 replies 31 participants last post by  westerman 
#1 ·
Having read and enjoyed following Harry's (Westerman) experiences with ONR finished off with Sonax BSD I thought I'd like to try the Sonax product.

Now after watching a number of YT videos and reading other threads, Sonax BSD looks brilliant but a number of people have mentioned that it clogs up microfiber towels. With MF towels not being cheap to replace, I wondered if anyone else on DW has any experience of this happening?

#19 ·
The older bottle was definitely a solid grey. Now they come in clear bottles. What I have noticed from my last 2 deliveries from Carparts4less (Carparts saver, seems to be their Ebay handle) is that the sprayer is different on my latest bottle. It's a lot bulkier with a tab for turning it to the spray position.
I haven't used it yet but it looks a nice strong affair.

I can understand people thinking BSD clogs microfibre. It's like spraying the car with a velvet glove:lol: It does tend to make the cloth feel a bit the same way but washes out okay.

Harry

#20 ·
As said just wash the cloth after use. Do let us know how you get on with BSD it is different to many QD's personally I love it it can be a bit grabby when first applied and as I said I use a spray of DD acrylic spritz on the cloth to help this.
There a lots and lots of posts on here of people actually mixing BSD with other products to get different results. Not something I've tried but sounds interesting.
Lots of QD's give nice results but the best thing about BSD for me is that it can stay effective on the car for weeks.

Harry.

#24 ·
If you are clogging yer MF with BSD, you are possibly either using too much product, or not folding and rotating your on/off MFs.

If I do whole car, I use 3 MFs folded (therefore 8 clean sides per MF). 1 to apply, 1 to remove, 1 to final wipe - panel by panel.

I suspect it over applied. Less is more!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.