Detailing World Forum banner

Are some people SO stupid to wash car today in full sun

12K views 52 replies 47 participants last post by  Autoglanz.UK 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
My neighbour is washing his car now, full sun,just gone 3pm...

And I guess he doesn't like getting up early to wash his make believe M (stick on badge :lol:) BMW 3 series convertible

Guess it'll be the Brillo pad to remove the sun baked water marks then....

If you're going to wash it,do it properly....

Ah... neighbours....:car:

#4 · (Edited by Moderator)
Derek, true you may get away with a panel at a time, but he is power washing it,so nicely drying ,water marked car..guess as you can't get water marks on fabric hood is his way of thinking it's sensible to wash in full sun...the panel being every panel on car...
He's the kind of guy who thrashes the engine ,then parks up,revving the nuts out of car, obviously in his deluded mind ,his way of letting engine cool down
mechanical sympathy..Not.....

#5 · (Edited)
Sometimes having the luxury to "wash it properly" does not apply, I've washed the car in full sun plenty of times, why? Because that's the only time I could wash it. With the correct method it's not a massive issue.

At the end of the day I guess it's his car and therefore it doesn't necessarily make him a "moron" for washing his car how he wants to and perhaps that's the only way he knows.

#9 ·
I washed my black mondeo st at 11am this morning in sunny south wales ! It was 22 degrees celcius and had no issues. It was washed, rinsed and dried panel by panel with no issues at all. As said earlier..its the guys car and if he wants to wash it in the only way he knows how..thats his choice. He paid for it..so if he wants to drive around with water marks on his car...THATS UP TO HIM !

#11 ·
I washed two cars today in the 30degree sun. Pressure washed them both first, too. Perhaps not best practice but today was the only day I could do it for another week. No water spots on either car and both came up very well.

Let your neighbour crack on with what he's doing.

#16 ·
I washed my son's car (which is metallic black) in full sun. The panels were so hot, there was literally steam coming off when the car was being washed.

Wasn't a problem at all washing wise, and no water spots. You just have to keep the panels wet - works well if you spray a mist using a PW over the car every so often.

#29 · (Edited by Moderator)
People have posted videos of their neighbours using brushes etc and now they cry about the time of day they wash their car?

We ARE the minority. WE ARE THE ODD ONES. As far as 99% of the population are concerned if it doesn't have crap stuck to it, it's clean.

Your neighbour probably talks on his 'getting on with life' forum about how his neighbour is such a freak that he washes the sponge he's used to clean his car in its own bucket.

It's all relative. Don't be a plank.

#30 · (Edited by Moderator)
People have posted videos of their neighbours using brushes etc and now they cry about the time of day they wash their car?

We ARE the minority. WE ARE THE ODD ONES. As far as 99% of the population are concerned if it doesn't have crap stuck to it, it's clean.

Your neighbour probably talks on his 'getting on with life' forum about how his neighbour is such a freak that he washes the sponge he's used to clean his car in its own bucket.

It's all relative. Don't be a plank.
Excuse me I'm different not ODD:lol: but the wife may confirm I'm annoying as well:thumb:

#33 ·
My neighbour is washing his car now, full sun,just gone 3pm...

And I guess he doesn't like getting up early to wash his make believe M (stick on badge :lol:) BMW 3 series convertible

Guess it'll be the Brillo pad to remove the sun baked water marks then....

If you're going to wash it,do it properly....

Ah... neighbours....:car:
As DW is a place to offer and gain advice, why don't you help the fella and explain his errors and offer some advice or products to help.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#35 ·
I've not had any really troubles washing a car in the sun, in fact I washed my CLS during the middle of yesterday and it was bloody hot. Thing was, I just kept spraying it down with water to stop it drying. So wash 2-3 panels, then hose the car and carry on. Only water marks were on the windows really and they came off with some glass cleaner.

That said I have witnessed my neighbour washing his car in a dubious manner in the baking sun. I think the lack of water and using an applicator pad to simply smear the dirt around didn't help the situation. Once he was done he said to me it still looks filthy, so a microfibre and quick detailer later, it looked clean. I there the cloth away afterwards haha

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.