Detailing World Forum banner

Best qd for waterspots?

8K views 26 replies 17 participants last post by  Ryanpaule 
#1 ·
I live in a very hard water area and struggle with water spotting. I've just run out of koch chemie fse and found it pretty effective I just wondered if there's something better out there? I've heard fk425 is pretty good?

#8 ·
This is a good question Tony. How can we find out which QD's will not affect LSP. Just because a product leaves the surface nice and glossy doesn't mean it hasn't stripped some of your lovey wax in the process?. In fact the more it cleans water spots etc the more suspect that makes me.

I don't know if FSE claims to be wax safe but Bouncers D&D for example does.

Harry

#17 ·
I have to say I am a big fan of all the Koch Chemie products I have tried. They are pretty good value for money. FSE is a really good product. I have a DI but it’s a useful go to product. I find it works really well on bug splats between washes. Also good around the bathroom shower.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

#21 ·
FSE is brilliant for water spots, but does leave a layer of protection behind as it contains polydimethylsiloxane (or just 'siloxanes' of simplicity), so as a straight answer yes it does affect your LSP, but only in the same way another QD with protection added in it would, this is not necessarily a bad thing - I don't use this as a QD however, purely as a water spot remover for this reason, I like to preserve the finish of the chosen LSP.

I'm keen to try out the Gtechniq W9 water spot remover, that will be next on the list when the FSE starts to run low.

#26 ·
I was thoroughly disappointed with FSE. I used it on gtechniq coated car and found it ineffective on slightest spots, and then superfluous as a polymer topping on my ceramic coatings. Bit of a lose/lose scenario.

A little diluted spirit vinegar did the job on the spots (which were overspray from kids with garden hose) btw. A spritz of C2 V3 then topped the ex-spots

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.