Detailing World Forum banner

Best cloth for cleaning glass?

16K views 28 replies 25 participants last post by  DimitriUK 
#1 ·
#4 ·
For glass I have always used 2 types but they are very fine compared to the one in your link.

1 is a fine waffle style and the other is also a very fine microfibre that looks like a bigger version of what you get from the opticians for lenses. Both are easy to obtain from the usual retail sites and I've never had any issues with fibres being left on the surface.

#13 ·
A good technique is just as important.

Their are currently 2 leading techniques the 2 cloth method and 3 cloth method.

I use the 2 cloth method, get yourself a thick MF and a short pile MF glass buffing cloth

2 cloth method
Use the thick one to clean, so spray with glass cleaner and wipe the grease and grime of the window then buff of the streaks with your short pile.

3 cloth method
Use the thick one to clean, so spray with glass cleaner and wipe the grease and grime of the window then with the second cloth wipe up the excess then with the 3rd cloth buff of the streaks with your short pile.

I use a non branded Korean plush Edgeless MF as the plush https://www.aliexpress.com/item/NEW...o-Detailing-Washing-Interior/32727151209.html

And lidls glass cloths 2 for £1.25 for buffing

#19 ·
I have fish scale types & waffle weave which have all work really well. Recently I've discovered that twisted type of drying towels are superb with a glass cleaner, dry not after being used to dry the car. I have a grey one 16x16 from in2detailing intended for wheels plus the smaller sized Gyeon Silk Dryer. Both are ideal as they have a good degree of bite and don't lint.

#23 ·
So, I dry all my glass with whichever waffle cloth I'm using the dry my car...

Then I use an e-cloth for glass finishing with distilled water to perfect it on both the interior and exterior. I've honestly not found anything better to get a streak-free finish on glass.

You can get the cloths on Amazon or some supermarkets.

#27 ·
I've had two of the Wilko ones for about 3 years and lately seemed to loosing a bit of bite, they have been used for the cars, every bit of glass in the house and a static caravan for all that time though, so very good value.

I've recently switched to the ragmaster ones, excellent cleaning probably because new though, time will tell if they stand up to the abuse of the Wilko ones though.

https://www.ragmasteruk.co.uk/16-x-16-premium-korean-microfiber-blue-glass-and-window-towel/

#26 ·
Merkin and various others waffle weave MFs for me, G6 Perfect Glass is my go to cleaner.

As above I use 2 or 3 cloth method, depending how grimy screen is.

For sticky kid fingers etc glass, I first use the Karhcer WV60 win vac system that I use for house, Best suited to flat panes, it's brilliant. As is the Karcher cleaner fluid. I then finish with G6, if needed.

Karcher WV is one of those must have gadgets, more for home than car, but still handy.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.