Detailing World Forum banner

Higher foaming shampoo?

4K views 19 replies 13 participants last post by  Hawkesybaby 
#1 ·
Afternoon.

I have tried several shampoos of late, Megs Gold Class, Wash and Wax etc.

But my car is white, and the roads are grime! So looking for a good shampoo with cleaning ability and plenty of suds, the Gold Class doesn’t have many IMO, evening mixing plenty of shampoo.

The foam starts of ok, but fades quickly.

I was thinking Chemical Guys Citrus Wash & Gloss?

Thanks
Luke

#7 ·
Zymol Auto Shampoo from Halfords is pretty sudsy - especially with a bit of warm water and a blast of the hose pipe into the bucket when half full. I've never run out of suds on the dirtiest of cars.

All assumes you are using two bucket method so dirt isnt returned to the wash bucket from the wash mitt, and therefore you're not asking more of the shampoo mix.

#11 ·
Foam not needed

Foam is not an indicator of lubricity or cleaning power its more or less a byproduct of the active substances. Ive seen turtle wax shampoos foam up lovely but I wouldent was my car with it,

Bilt hamber auto wash has low foam and is one of the best in terms of cleaning power.

#13 ·
Foam is not an indicator of lubricity or cleaning power its more or less a byproduct of the active substances. Ive seen turtle wax shampoos foam up lovely but I wouldent was my car with it,

Bilt hamber auto wash has low foam and is one of the best in terms of cleaning power.
I know, but I do like seeing some suds on the car, I guess it makes me feel like theres plenty of soap on the car, washing away the dirt, and suds are always nice to see, reminds me of being a young lad, Sunday night bath before school, with a bottle of Vosene :lol:

Luke

#15 ·

This is exactly what I was going to say, I use Koch Chemie, this does not foam massively but is excellent at cleaning, as is Gtechniq wash.

#19 ·
So I have picked up some Chemical Guys Citrus Wash and Gloss, seems to have more suds, but they drifted off 3/4 of the way through.

I used 1oz measured to 4.5L of water, warm water, then used the hose to bring up the suds even more.

I live in East Anglia, so a hard water area, will this cause any problems?

Seems odd, starts off well then 1/2 into the car the suds are very low, I know the shampoo is doing it’s job, lubricanting the panel and all.

The Chemical Guys does last longer, felt nice and slippy on the panel, I think I shall start trying other shampoos over the next few wintery months.

Luke

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.