Detailing World Forum banner

Recommend me a wax >£50?

13K views 42 replies 25 participants last post by  Tifosi 
#1 · (Edited)
Recommend me a wax <£50?

So as the title suggests I'm looking for recommendations. I'm looking for a wax under £50, 1 month plus durability and as much gloss as you can bag for that amount of money.

Hit me people!

PS. Go to the end to see what wax I opted for and how it turned out.

Ta, Chris.

#4 ·
Under £50 - AG UHD wax is very nice and it’s easy use with a nice applicator

G3 supergloss wax is very nice and very easy to use with a very nice applicator - about £20-25

BH DSW is nice and cheap as well and gets good following - I found it better to use in cooler weather - about £17

Fusso soft 99 - maybe more of a sealant than a wax, but nice to use with a good gloss, possible option ?

#7 ·
Under £50 - AG UHD wax is very nice and it's easy use with a nice applicator

G3 supergloss wax is very nice and very easy to use with a very nice applicator - about £20-25

BH DSW is nice and cheap as well and gets good following - I found it better to use in cooler weather - about £17

Fusso soft 99 - maybe more of a sealant than a wax, but nice to use with a good gloss, possible option ?
Already got BH DSW and Fusso99 which is my winter LSP.

#11 ·
I'm gonna throw in obsession luminous, durability is more or less what you've asked for and the gloss is what this wax is about and it's an absolute breeze to use

Beauty is you can buy a 50ml pot try it for very little money and if you enjoy it then purchase the bigger 200ml but even the 50ml will see a good 6/8 applications

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

#12 ·
I'm gonna throw in obsession luminous, durability is more or less what you've asked for and the gloss is what this wax is about and it's an absolute breeze to use

Beauty is you can buy a 50ml pot try it for very little money and if you enjoy it then purchase the bigger 200ml but even the 50ml will see a good 6/8 applications

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
I was wondering if one of the Obsession waxes would pop up. Truth is I've been looking at waxes from Obsession, Infinity Wax and Wax Planet but there are so many different ones to choose from. I wanted to see which got recommended the most but so far I think it's the Vics Concourse that's ruling the roost

#14 ·
£50 is a nice budget to be honest plenty of options!
pretty much anything Wax Planet
simple wax armour
some of the cheaper obsession waxes (or nearly all if you buy the 100ml pots:D)
AutoGlym UHD wax is very good, easy to use
perhaps AngelWax Drift or Halo, or maybe even Guardian

hope you find something suitable :thumb:

#28 ·
I’ve used armour and Armageddon . Both great waxes , some of the best beading you can get from a wax I promise. Armour leaves a glassy finish, Armageddon abit warmer. Both do 4 months easy. I will say both aren’t the easiest to apply in hotter conditions they tend to take a long time to cure in cooler weather very easy to use , just use a couple of short pile cloths to buff.
Which is better ? Hmm tough if I had to choose I’d say armour , I preferred the finish . Having said that I sold armour and still have Armageddon in the cupboard .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#30 ·
The Armageddon blend was a wax made by both simplewax and us together, its a cracking wax. Show business, obsidian and the waxstock obsidian are also very ver glossy waxes. Show business has to be the easiest wax i have ever used barring liquid waxes.
Theres plenty of top waxes out there , its all part of the fun picking one.

#41 · (Edited)
Well I picked up my wax of choice from the post office this morning - Wax Planet Show Business. So I had limited time today so a quick wash and a coat of the new stuff was all I had time for unfortunately. Ideally I should have waited and stripped everything off the paint but I couldn't wait to slap a coat of the Show Business on to see if in fact it is the business.
Initial impression is that this stuff is a doddle to spread thinly. A quick couple of dabs in the pot and then I scraped most of it off on the side of the pot and it still easily did the bonnet / roof / both doors etc. I found I applied really nicely and then it seemed to be better if you immediately covered the same section without priming the applicator again. So basically I went from left to right and then right to left straight away. You could tell the coverage was better and the pad glides lovely. It only took a few minutes to cure in the warm weather and then I wiped it off with a short pile MF and buffed with a long pile. This is as per the instructions and it came off with no issues whatsoever. The short pile did grab slightly but nothing to worry about at all.
I have to admit I wasn't immediately hit by the looks. But after having a brew and then rebuffing I can't help but be impressed. Now I know metallics often benefit from a sealant but this stuff is just sublime in the looks dept. It genuinely looks wet! Photos are just taken with my phone in midday sunlight so not the best. Even so, I think you can see the gloss levels.

Sent from my LG-H930 using Tapatalk

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.