Detailing World  

Go Back   Detailing World > Detailing Products > Wheels, Tyres & Exterior Trim
DW Home Forum Home Merchandise Store Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Wheels, Tyres & Exterior Trim Wheels, Tyres & Exterior Trim Sponsored by ValetPRO - ValetPRO was founded in 2005. We are a UK based company and manufacture our products from ValetPRO HQ in Newhaven, East Sussex. Our vision at ValetPRO is to produce the highest quality car care products and to be the trusted brand of choice for retailers, professional detailers and car care enthusiasts everywhere. We value creativity and are constantly looking for new ways to improve our existing products or develop new ones. We are on hand to provide expert advice on our products and we are always happy to hear about your experience from using any of the ValetPRO range and receiving any feedback that you may have.

Old 18-08-2019, 06:59 PM   #1
Razormck
Washmitt Meister

Garage
Wheel Coating help

Evening guys

I’ve recently got my Audi “rotor arm” alloys refurbed and looking to protect them the best way I can.

I am looking at C5, DLUX. Quartz 3.0 or Gyeon Trim - for application is considered the most user friendly as this will be my first attempt at coating ever.

I will be taking the wheel off and coating indoor but cannot stand car overnight on Jacks or axel stands .

Once Coated and left for a coupe of hours indoor could I fit wheel and cover with black bags or the like to keep moisture off Incase the weather turns?

Thanks for any advice

Raymond
Razormck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-08-2019, 07:29 PM   #2
vectra
PC Perfectionist

I can only speak of carpro dlux.
Well worth doing them, also, I did as you need, Jack the front of the car up ~ remove wheel, ~ Fit spare temporarily, ~ Clean and prep wheel, ~ apply Dlux, ~ Jack up and remove rear wheel, ~ put axle stand under rear, ~ Clean and prep the wheel, ~ Apply dlux.
Re-fit front wheel as long as weather permits.~ fit spare to rear that is jacked up,~ Move to other side and do the same.
vectra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-08-2019, 07:37 PM   #3
milesdrive
Unwashed Member

Hi Raymond, your procedure sounds good to me, a couple of hours is good curing time and covering up, just in case of rain, is a good idea. I've used all that you list, all very good. My preference would be Gyeon RIM, especially on satin finish wheels. C5 on black gloss wheels can smear a little, so would require a good buffing! Prep well, follow the instructions, you'll be fine. Wheels are a great place to begin your ceramic coating journey...all the best Andy
milesdrive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-08-2019, 08:18 PM   #4
-Kev-

Thanked 8,875 Times in 6,998 Posts
Garage
Not used either of them but recently applied two coats of siramik wheels to my new wheels. The wheels stayed indoors overnight to cure, although i could of used sc mist as a sacrafical layer had i fitted them that day. An hour or so between coats, dead easy to use
-Kev- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-08-2019, 01:34 PM   #5
Itstony
Orbital Oracle

A fan of C5, no plan to change. So easy to apply after prepping them.
Just so happens put car on jack and removed all wheels yesterday for arch and wheels detail.
Got one front and back done and callipers are like new, which had also been wiped with C5 2yrs ago.
Might not be "The best", but I can't find any reason to dis it and try another. Not broke, wont fix it
Itstony is offline   Reply With Quote