Detailing World  

Go Back   Detailing World > Detailing Products > Tools -Machine polishers, Pressure Washers, Detailing Equipment & Microfiber
DW Home Forum Home Merchandise Store Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Tools -Machine polishers, Pressure Washers, Detailing Equipment & Microfiber Sponsored by Detailed Clean : – 303 | 3M | Auto Finesse | Bilt Hamber | Blackfire | Black Mamba | Bouncer's | Britemax | California Scents | CarPro | Chemical Guys | Collinite | Crakalicious | Dakota Products | Dodo Juice | G3 Pro | Gtechniq | Koch Chemie | Lake Country | Meguiars | Menzerna | Muc-Off | Nanolex | OPT | Pinnacle | Poorboys World | Rupes | Sam's Detailing | Scholl Concepts | Soft99 | Sonax | Sonus | Stoner | Valet Pro | Victoria Wax | Wolfgang | Zaino | e-Gift Certificates | Trade Accounts | www.DetailedClean.co.uk

Old 19-08-2019, 04:04 PM   #211
Johnyb
Sponge Jockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peirre View Post
Update
The 1st time I tried it it ran then tripped out taking the RCD out for the power socket, as there was no mention of the trip switch on the machine I didn’t initially see it as I’d mounted the wall bracket at head hight with the hose reel below. So instead of loosing my temper I walked away reset the RCD and chilled out to watch the football, then yesterday I lifted it off the bracket to look at it again and discovered the trip switch, I reset it and ran it for a few seconds dry.
Unfortunately because I have the wrong 2m connector hose from the machine to the reel (they supplied a M-F QC extension instead of screw connector from the machine to F QC on the reel) so I was unable to try it on the car as I need the full 25m hose from the reel to be able to reach the car from my 1st floor flat.
I did drive over on Saturday on the off chance someone was there but it was closed up, but later when I emailed the people from Direct Hoses, the response was they are “on holiday” till the 27th August, so I’ll have to wait several days before I can go back to direct hoses and swop the 2m hose. But in the meantime I’ll have a play around using the 10m hose that came with the machine, if it continues to keep tripping then I’ll have no problem taking it back and asking for a refund.

The additional metal plate that came with the machine wall bracket (which is actually a hi-fi speaker bracket) catches the plastic cover on the back plate and need s little fettling to enable the bracket to pivot

It literally is a speaker bracket, can’t believe I didn’t notice that, probably could’ve saved a few quid and bought one elsewhere. Yeah my metal plate didn’t fit either, they’ve measured the plate to be flush with the metal bracket and not from the plastic cover. I had to drill some new holes in it to work. Absolute crap!

I washed the Mrs SUV on Sunday and it only tripped once, (shouldn’t trip at all) then washed my small car the day and it didn’t trip. I messaged about it tripping and buzzing before it trips.. and their reply was ‘Hi john , can you try turning the adjustment screw on the pressure switch anti clockwise until the noise stops . If you follow the guide we included.’ There’s nothing in my instructions about this.

I haven’t had the time to adjust it, shouldn’t have to though, what a farce, they’ll be on holiday after making a fortune on selling us dodgy pressure washers.

Last edited by Johnyb; 19-08-2019 at 04:06 PM.
Johnyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-08-2019, 06:01 PM   #212
Tyrefitter
Orbital Oracle

Well mine has been fine & I usually wash 3 cars & one is my Rangerover sport,mine is coupled to a 20mtre hose & reel I purchased from qwashers.When I first got mine it was pulsating so I adjusted the pressure screw & it’s been fine since then every time I use it.

Andy
Tyrefitter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-08-2019, 12:54 PM   #213
riskypicker
Washmitt Meister

Garage
UPDATE:
I received my replacement AB9 and a new short lance.

The new AB9 came with a different laminated sheet which mentioned this adjuster screw and included an allen key to make adjustments. It states this screw could come loose in transit and needs to be re-calibrated with some instructions on how to do so.

Ive not had chance to set up the new machine as yet but when i do ill take a pic of the new instructions in case they help anyone that didnt receive them.

Unfortunately the short lance with its brass female fitting still only works with the male 11.6mm with a male thread. Wont fir the same fitting that has the female thread. So wont even work with the snowfoam bottle / lance that came in the pack.
riskypicker is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to riskypicker For This Useful Post:
Andyman0 (20-08-2019)
Old 21-08-2019, 01:43 AM   #214
onTHErocs
Unwashed Member

I didn't get the chance to try the snow foam lance, what do you need to use this and should DH not have included it? I also purchased an extension lance, I assume this will fit? I'm overseas so won't be able to check for a few weeks.
onTHErocs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-08-2019, 12:51 PM   #215
riskypicker
Washmitt Meister

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by onTHErocs View Post
I didn't get the chance to try the snow foam lance, what do you need to use this and should DH not have included it? I also purchased an extension lance, I assume this will fit? I'm overseas so won't be able to check for a few weeks.
This will depend on a few variables.

The short lance, if you bought it, come with a 1/4" male quick release fitting with the male thread.

Depending which snow foam lance you have will dictate whether that fitting will fit. 2 out of 3 of mine needed a 1/4" male quick release fitting with the female thread.

If you bought a snow foam lance in your AB9 bundle, as i did, if its the same as mine then it wont fit into the short lance as no 1/4" male quick release fitting with a female thread will fit into the short lance.

I didnt buy their longer lance but as long at it has the 1/4" female quick release fitting with the rubberised outer (like the ones on the hose outlet and the trigger - not the full brass one as per the short lance) then all the 1/4" male quick release fittings should be fine.

Hope thats all clear - but you may need to be looking at the parts to follow me.

Last edited by riskypicker; 21-08-2019 at 12:52 PM. Reason: cant spell
riskypicker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-08-2019, 08:30 PM   #216
onTHErocs
Unwashed Member

Clear as mud! Thanks, I guess I will find out when I get back. I'm confused as to why they would supply a snow foam lance with their kit that doesn't fit though.....
Old 22-08-2019, 08:42 PM   #217
Andyman0
Sponge Jockey

The only thing that doesnt fit the short lance for me is the under body attachment, the snow foam bottle is tight to push on but it fits as does everything else
Andyman0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-08-2019, 08:17 PM   #218
Johnyb
Sponge Jockey

Quick update,

Things seem to be running ok

Working as it should now after a few teething problems. Initial leaky hose, then an over priced speaker bracket with a dodgy metal plate that didn’t fit. Then the cutting out issue.

That being said it’s pretty good, the power is good even through a 25 meter hose. I ordered the long lance after finding I was getting soaked when doing the wheels with the short gun. It blasts all the brake dust off no problem, so much so I hardly need to touch my wheels. Blasts bugs off too! All my connectors fit, The snow foam gun doesn’t make great foam so just use it for a wax rinse aid which takes about 20 seconds. Much better than going round with a spray bottle.

Happy now! Was just disappointed as I expected it to work like this out of the box.
Johnyb is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Johnyb For This Useful Post:
Andyman0 (24-08-2019), riskypicker (04-09-2019)
Old 23-08-2019, 10:13 PM   #219
j20eyk
Unwashed Member

Garage
Mine turned up a couple of weeks ago. I had it on pre order. Decided that I best get it out the box after some of the issues people have had.

Gave my motor some TLC once the sun went in tonight, worked a treat straight out the box and really happy with the pressure and quality. As others have said the hose connector is not great but I wouldn't really expect them to provide one anyway so no big deal.

For the money I think it's a bargain with all the kit compared to what else is out there. I know the customer service looks like it could be a bit shakey if issues occur but from my experience it's pure luck with karchers how long they last. Some live forever and some go in a matter of months. (I have no experience with Nilfisk)

All good so far.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5000 using Tapatalk
j20eyk is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to j20eyk For This Useful Post:
Andyman0 (24-08-2019)
Old 30-08-2019, 01:33 PM   #220
onTHErocs
Unwashed Member

I have just used my DH AB9 today after changing the hose fitting to the metal Hoselock ones and also tried the snow foam attachment. It actually worked better than my old one so I'm thoroughly impressed so far. Winding and unwinding the hose off the reel, which I've secured to a shelf is a doddle. I haven't had the chance to try the Lance extension yet but so far....so good!!