Detailing World  

Go Back   Detailing World > Manufacturers and Private Label Brands > Manufacturers and Private Label Brands > CarPro-Cquartz
DW Home Forum Home Merchandise Store Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

CarPro-Cquartz CarPro, a leader in the pro detailing market, was established in 2009 by people who love their cars. We wanted to make great car care products available to other enthusiasts. Our progressive vision and advanced technology brought coatings, such as CQuartz, to the market when it was still unknown to the Western Hemisphere. CarPro was the original creator of Nanotechnology car detailing products and continue to bring new professional car detailing products and fresh ideas to the masses. From interior coatings and cleaners to our most well-known ceramic paint coating, CQuartz, we have something for every car care need. Your car deserves the ultimate protection and we offer the products that deliver professional results.

Old 19-08-2019, 02:07 PM   #1
Supa Koopa
Sponge Jockey

CQuartz UK 3.0 + Essence query

So I'm thinking of coating my car and was looking to use CQuartz this time around. Unfortunately I have to apply it outside and am aware of all the dangers but I don't have a work around.

So I was thinking of prepping the car with Essence first and then putting CQ on top, but due to the size of the car and time it takes to prep I might have to do the polishing one day and then coat the next day. If I try to do it in one day the coating would be finished very late in the day and I would be concerned over condensation with our rubbish UK weather.

So my question is what do I do on the second day before coating. There will be a thin layer of dust as the car has been outside, so I'd wash it down to get rid of this and then use something like Eraser, prep or BH cleanser to ensure the surface is clean but will this remove the fillers and stuff within Essence? Or am I panicking over nothing? I just want to ensure the coating gets a proper bond to the paintwork.

Also what's a good pad for essence? The car is new, so the paintwork is in excellent condition with only one or two very minor scratches.

Thanks for any help and advice.
Supa Koopa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-08-2019, 10:15 PM   #2
sm81
Distinguished Detailer

Thanked 1,202 Times in 1,064 Posts
I would do: first day wash and required prep before Essence with cig hex white or similar polishing pad. Next day: quick ONR wash and eraser wipe down. After that CQUK 3.0
sm81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-08-2019, 10:39 PM   #3
wayne451
Orbital Oracle

No multi-storey car parks you can leave it in overnight? I have one at the train station less than a 2 minute drive away. Fair few Tesco’s etc have multi-storeys too...
wayne451 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-08-2019, 06:34 AM   #4
Alan W
Distinguished Detailer

Thanked 2,956 Times in 2,260 Posts
Garage
Why not just do a few panels, or half the car, and polish/coat on the same day and do the other half the next day or even a few days later?

Use a finishing pad with Essence and note that if you clean with Eraser or BH Cleanser Fluid you will be removing the Essence base layer that primes the paint ready for CQuartz.

Alan W

Last edited by Alan W; 20-08-2019 at 06:48 AM.
Alan W is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Alan W For This Useful Post:
CarPro.UK (20-08-2019)
Old 20-08-2019, 09:40 AM   #5
sm81
Distinguished Detailer

Thanked 1,202 Times in 1,064 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan W View Post
Why not just do a few panels, or half the car, and polish/coat on the same day and do the other half the next day or even a few days later?

Use a finishing pad with Essence and note that if you clean with Eraser or BH Cleanser Fluid you will be removing the Essence base layer that primes the paint ready for CQuartz.

Alan W
Actually if I remember right eraser will not remove essence layer if it has cured more than 3 hours.
sm81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-08-2019, 10:23 AM   #6
CarPro.UK
Carpro UK

Thanked 1,467 Times in 828 Posts
If the car has sat overnight, and got very lightly dusty I would recommend snow foam and rinse, dry the car and then use eraser before coating.

Eraser won't remove too much of the essence once it's dried for that length of time it's safe to use and coat on top.

Thanks
Craig
CarPro.UK is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to CarPro.UK For This Useful Post:
sm81 (20-08-2019), Supa Koopa (20-08-2019), Tashfeen (22-08-2019)
Old 20-08-2019, 04:45 PM   #7
Supa Koopa
Sponge Jockey

Thanks CarPro just the answer I was looking for.

I was thinking CG white pads, but has anyone tried a Scholl Neo Orange Spider with Essence. I've only got a budget 21mm pro plus and it seems to eat the pads. I use no pressure at all and just let the weight of the machine do the work but they don't seem to last me long. I was worried the spider's might get destroyed even quicker.
Old 22-08-2019, 06:20 AM   #8
bigchunk
Sponge Jockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Supa Koopa View Post
Thanks CarPro just the answer I was looking for.

I was thinking CG white pads, but has anyone tried a Scholl Neo Orange Spider with Essence. I've only got a budget 21mm pro plus and it seems to eat the pads. I use no pressure at all and just let the weight of the machine do the work but they don't seem to last me long. I was worried the spider's might get destroyed even quicker.
I have used Essence with the the Scholl orange spider pads on a flex 3401 and was very happy with the results, but I only put a sealant on after, no ceramic coating.
bigchunk is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to bigchunk For This Useful Post:
CarPro.UK (22-08-2019)
Old 22-08-2019, 01:15 PM   #9
Supa Koopa
Sponge Jockey

Thanks Bigchunk, good to hear as that's what I've ordered..!
The Following User Says Thank You to Supa Koopa For This Useful Post:
bigchunk (21-09-2019)
Old 24-08-2019, 03:42 AM   #10
The Guz
Sponge Jockey

Haven’t had any issues with a prep wipe to remove light dust using Eraser prior to coating with Cquartz TiO2 or U.K. 3.0.

I’ve let Essence sit overnight after initial wipe off plenty of times as well.
The Guz is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to The Guz For This Useful Post:
CarPro.UK (10-09-2019)