Detailing World Forum banner

What detailing did you do today??

2M views 9K replies 1K participants last post by  Jakub 
#1 ·
Not sure if this thread will take off... But as the title asks, what detailing did you do today??

I'll be giving the car a hoover later, and cleaning the inside of the glass.

What about the rest of you?

#4,561 · (Edited)
Quick wash involving 2 x avalanche snow foam, car chem revolt on the wheels, g101 on the tyres and car chem shampoo, car chem shampoo on the body followed by drying with my auto finesse drying towel, then a coat of bsd and then a coat of dodo juice blue velvet. Tyres were dressed with powermaxxed tyre and trim dressing.

Inside was cleaned with g101 and then odk cabin and of course hoovered.

My friend president swirl turned up and helped wash my dad's car and also gave his mom's car a once over then he helped me apply the blue velvet, more his idea as I was knackered but glad he persevered as it looks great, still needs correction but will do that when I have time

Some pics of during and after, no interior ones I'm afraid but came up very well

Sent from my CLT-L29 using Tapatalk

#4,574 ·
Today I gave my Polo it's first proper clean. First time I've actually cleaned a car myself. Quite happy with the results and a good learning curve as there's definitely things I'd do differently for the next wash! Took about an hour and a half in total. Didn't wax the car but might give that a go next time
Looks brilliant Stevee! I have recently got a Polo GTi myself. Mine is red though. I had it detailed so I could have ceramic coatings on.

#4,573 · (Edited)
Insignia badly in need of a good detail so decided I finally had some free time so it the gear out.
Pressure washed with BH autofoam
wash with megs wash plus and my incredimitt.
clay with G3 clay mitt and ONR as a lube
Then set about polishing with das6 pro using scholl s20 and a hexlogic green pad. Done one side of the car before deciding it's going to probably need a 2 stage as still few marks. Sealed with 2 coats of AM seal and then a coat of UHD wax.
Still got rest of the car to do but have a better idea of what I am dealing with so will chip away at it. First proper go with machine so quite happy. [emoji16]

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

#4,577 ·
I did a long over due detail on my Kia Cee'd, its the first proper detail it has had since I bought it in early May as I hadn't found the time plus the weather has been awful recently.

It was treated to BH Auto Wheels, it was the first time I've used this and I was blown away how much crud it got off the wheels.

Then rinsed with PW, snow foamed with BH AF followed by Meguiars Wash Plus using the mitt and hose method.

It was then de-tarred using AG Intensive Tar Remover and clayed with a G3 mitt with AG Rapid detailer. (It didn't need any fallout remover as I'd done that shortly after getting the car in early May).

Then finally, I used Meguiars Ultimate Fast Finish, AG Wheel Protector on the alloys along with AG Instant Tyre Dressing. I was less than impressed with the AG Wheel Protector though, as no matter how little you spray on it always dries white!

I finished off using some Autosol on the tail pipe, although it looks like I need some wire wool and finally I tarted up the chrome plastic trim with some AG Instant Show Shine and gave the windows a little polish with ISS too.

#4,578 ·
Quick wash this evening with Ech2o and a top up of Polishangel High Gloss which is fast becoming my new favourite detailing company!

Product shot

Fantastic gloss

It wasn't all great though as I discovered my Mazda's first dent :(
The paint was also lightly scuffed but that came out with Sonax EX 04-06 on a MF cloth (although it's removed the ceramic coating in the area too, of course!)

Looks like I'll be looking for a local PDR company!

#4,579 · (Edited)
My 2nd Clean

I am new to detailing so have been looking forward to this, my second attempt and first full clean.

Started by soaking the wheels then used ValetPro Citrus APC, rinsed off before using EZ Viper and rinsed again.

Soaked the car and again a pre wash on the lower half with ValetPro Citrus APC, followed up with Ultimate Finish Pure Shampoo, rinsed and dried with my AutoFinesse Aqua Deluxe Drying Towel.

Finished with EZ Gloss Boss using a Ragmaster Eagle Edgeless Buffing Towel.

The windscreen and glass was done with Autofinesse Crystal and a Ragmaster Diamond Glass Towel.

This is getting to be so much fun and my OCD is developing rapidly :lol:

I can already see where I need to improve and correct the finish and I need a power washer, a garden hose just doesn't cut it. I am thinking a Karcher K4 as I can't really afford a K5. Then I can start with Snowfoam :)

I also need to move towards polishing but a DA Polisher, cutting compounds and waxes seems like a big step to me. I think I will wait until I have a bit more experience and confidence.

#4,580 ·

I am new to detailing so have been looking forward to this, my second attempt and first full clean.

Started by soaking the wheels then used ValetPro Citrus APC, rinsed off before using EZ Viper and rinsed again.

Soaked the car and again a pre wash on the lower half with ValetPro Citrus APC, followed up with Ultimate Finish Pure Shampoo, rinsed and dried with my AutoFinesse Aqua Deluxe Drying Towel.

Finished with EZ Gloss Boss using a Ragmaster Eagle Edgeless Buffing Towel.

The windscreen and glass was done with Autofinesse Crystal and a Ragmaster Diamond Glass Towel.

This is getting to be so much fun and my OCD is developing rapidly :lol:

I can already see where I need to improve and correct the finish and I need a power washer, a garden hose just doesn't cut it. I am thinking a Karcher K4 as I can't really afford a K5. Then I can start with Snowfoam :)

I also need to move towards polishing but a DA Polisher, cutting compounds and waxes seems like a big step to me. I think I will wait until I have a bit more experience and confidence.
The K4 compact machine is a good one had mine for a few years now but would recommend getting a different hose with it as the original is too short, also you don't get the pressure control lance with the compact so it's easier to upgrade bits on it unlike the standard K4 :thumb:

#4,582 ·
As I am in a hurry today, but the Alfa needed a cleaning badly, I decided I have time only for a quick exterior clean. Ventured out to a local car wash, as I, sadly, don't have access to a pressure washer myself. But as I know the chaps there, they don't mind me bringing 2 buckets and other stuff. Starting of with the rims and surrounding areas. Wheels and arches soaked with tac system APC, agitated with wheel brush and rinsed off. Following that with a Dodo's ferrous dueller to tackle the iron particles. Agitated, rinsed off again. Moving on to the bodywork, car was cleaned using MF mitts with 2BM using CHG v07 shampoo. Rinsed off, dried using wowo's drying towel. Windows cleaned using tac system crystal windows, decided its fine as it is because angelwax's h2go is still going strong. Tires and trims quickly went over with tac system seal (I so love this product, seems to last longer then PERL).
As I did full decontamination a month ago, I moved in for a pre wax cleanse using Dodo's lime prime. The last step for today was giving the car a coat of ODK Concours (1st time using it, ease of use was brilliant, really nice on a red paint.) Sadly, no time for second coat. Really happy with the outcome, but no pictures to share as I was in a fuss. Plans for tomorrow are moving in to the interior, again using tac APC followed by Seal.

#4,583 ·
This is today's effort (at work). Somebody hit my colleague's car whilst parked outside his house, so he found it like this. Luckily it was mostly white paint transfer and rubber, so actually not much damage underneath at all. Unfortunately it has scratched the plastic wheelarch trim up quite a bit, but I can't fix that with a polisher!

Sent from my LYA-L09 using Tapatalk

#4,585 ·
Wheel off deep clean and protect
Cleaned with Autglym Clean Wheels. Tyres cleaned with Tuf Shine Tyre Cleaner. Wheels sealed with 2 coats of FinishKare 1000P Hi-Temp Sealant. Tyres treated with Tuf Shine Tyre Permanent Clearcoat. Here are before and after Photos. Very pleased with the results

Cheers Russell

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

#4,586 · (Edited)
An early start to try to avoid the worst of the heat, although the sun hid behind the clouds for much of the time thankfully..

Snowfoam with mix of AF Avalanche 33% and Flash Ultra 67% as I was looking to remove the dealers prep products from 5 weeks ago
2 bucket wash with Flash Ultra
Wheel arches scrubbed with long handled brush
BH Korrosol that I don't think did anything but hard to tell on a black car!
Rinse
Tar removal with CarChem G&T (again don't think it found much if anything at all)
Wheels washed with CarChem 1900:1 shampoo
Another 2 bucket wash, followed by rinse n dry

Rotary polish with Menzerna 3800 on a Scholl concepts black finishing waffle pad

Another wash & rinse, dry

Wipe down with Gtechniq Panel Wipe

All paint and plastic trim coated with Gtechniq C1
Wheels topped up with C2V3 (they were coated with C5 a few weeks ago)
Windscreen got another two coats of Gtechniq G1 (2 applied 4 weeks ago)
Tyres blacked with Autoglanz Uber Schwartz
Engine bay plastics wiped over with Aerospace 303
All door shuts coated with Turtle Wax Hybrid Spray Sealanr

#4,588 ·
Looks great.

Is C2V3 like a QD/Spray Wax for parts that are already coated with C5?
no :D
it can go ontop of almost anything Or bare paintwork
Application instructions

Shake well before use

Do not apply in direct sunlight, and wear gloves

Spray onto a clean Gtechniq MF1 ZeroR Microfibre Buff Cloth, wipe onto the car a panel at a time and buff with second, clean MF1 cloth

Layer for increased gloss and protection

C2 can be used as a drying aid by spraying onto a wet surface, a panel at a time, and drying with an MF4 Diamond Sandwich Microfibre Drying Towel

Store in a cool, dry place

Once opened use within 12 months
Why use Gtechniq C2 Liquid Crystal?

C2 Liquid Crystal is the revolutionary way to make your car, boat, plane or RV shine and stay clean longer, thanks to Gtechniq's Smart Surface Science.

With C2 Liquid Crystal you get instant, effective protection from UV and dirt.
it Works, i have put it ontop of a few waxes now, used it standalone without issue, i Dont go over the black trim which is C4 coated (same as c5) as there is no need to, same with the c5 coated wheels, no need to

#4,595 ·
Just back on Saturday after a weeks holiday and the ensuing 500 mile motorway round trip, so while my wife and daughter unpacked and took our dog for a wash (week walking in the Lakes!) I got to bath my two month old BMW.

Having treated the car with Wowo's Crystal Sealant when I got her, the dirt was 99% gone after I had used BH autofoam in a pump on the body, and G101 @15:1 on the alloys (also pre-treated with wowo's)

The beading was still amazing (only been two months so no real surprise) and I was after a gentle 2 bucket wash onto the drying.

I decided to then go back over once again with wowo's and made very sure that I was meticulous this time on front rear and side skirt treatments, so, out came the old car mats and on the knees I finished by going all the way under the bottom edges.

I did try the Turtle Wax SnS on one alloy as a benchmark to judge as using G101 even at 15:1 sould be a gentle wash regime on my weekly cleaning.

No pics as I didn't take any befores, so the afters would be academic, however even after some driving about in the rain, the dirt literally was non-existent.

I have to admit I am a huge fan of the Crystal Sealant and having met the guys there am keen to see the new products that are coming out.

#4,596 · (Edited)
Today's job was finally tackling the rear remus silencer, because I kind of always waved my hand at it and could not be bothered. But it got to a state of baked carbon deposits so I finally stepped in.
Working outside with no electricity available, lots of elbow grease was needed. But as I didnt expect it to be the perfect look, being a 10yo exhaust part, I was happy to just clean and protect, so its easier to clean during my weekly washes.
Started with pre-soak with TAC System APC, and a brush agitation to clean the worst muck (went to tesco and bought a toilet cleaning brush ( yes really :D) so it can be binned after the job.
Following that, using steel wool grade 0, I vigorously polished the inside of the pipes, went as far as I could reach. Cleaned off with soapy water I brought in a hand pump sprayer.
Then I moved on to the clean / polish part of the job, I used TAC metal polish on an old MF applicator, again lots of elbow grease needed here. The applicator was completely black as I finished both pipes. Then the outsides of the pipes were tackled the same way, using a 2nd applicator.
Last step was to protect, using tutela polisher (pretty unknown here I guess, its a spray type of coating for glass, paint, metal, plastic. Its made by a friend of mine, he just launched his stuff in my country. Its water based "sealant" with ~10% SiO2). Went over the insides and outsides, left to cure for 15 min., then polished off and repeated for a second coat.
A bit of 50/50, with one pipe after cleaning, second untouched.

And a job done picture.