Detailing World  

Go Back   Detailing World > Lifestyle > The Motoring Zone > The Tuning & Maintenance Zone
DW Home Forum Home Merchandise Store Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

The Tuning & Maintenance Zone Need to fix or need to go faster, here is the forum to cater for either.

Old 05-06-2019, 08:59 AM   #21
muzzer

Thanked 5,247 Times in 3,372 Posts
Garage
That guy from LLF is a bit simple, he can’t expect us to believe he had no idea what he was doing.
Old 05-06-2019, 10:07 AM   #22
Derekh929
Distinguished Detailer

Thanked 6,122 Times in 4,971 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kerr View Post
He also sells modified cars on finance.

He sells the Motech modified cars that are in breach of the finance agreement and ruins the warranty too. He tries to suggest otherwise.

With the car market slowing down I think there will come a time when the finance companies become really strict with the cars they take back. I bet they will start checking if the car has been modified and check the ECU to find if the car has been previously remapped.

They'll look for reasons not to take it back and get the balloon payment, especially if the car isn't going to get that kind of money at auction.
Yes exactly what I was getting at, the gfv values set to high to keep payments down, back end fall out off used market so ticking time bomb for manufacturer's IMHO.
So as Andy added soft target to get car fully assessed before hand back and force you into paying the balloon.
The problem comes if someone planned to pay the balloon at end, very few do but if they had change in circumstances than there lies the bigger problem .

This is in no way be negative and a dig at anyone on PCP as I have my first PCP on the merc, and if I'm honest I can see real dangers with little to no deposit, even with a third of the purchase price as a deposit on cars like mine negative equity could be possible at certain points although having checked its been ok so far.
I think the no and small deposit culture needs changing as people have nothing to lose walking away, well they think that but it a'nt the case. Many garages will get rumbled for VT'ing these as well at half way points that you here a lot of know.
Having had some driver training I agree with Kerr its more benefit that more HP, I have 510hp and that's more than enough if not to much for the car, unless you are tracking on regular basis the extra power would be so hard to get the good of on our roads.
Also as Andy said the Insurers are onto this as well as they have some new tech to catch people breaking the rules, the thing is the data cant be removed if the torque increase goes above the gear box tolerance for example they will see the data and if £12k box fails your on your own, its a massive risk for the gain.

Last edited by Derekh929; 05-06-2019 at 10:29 AM.
Derekh929 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Derekh929 For This Useful Post:
Kerr (05-06-2019)
Old 05-06-2019, 11:13 AM   #23
Kerr
Distinguished Detailer

Thanked 7,661 Times in 4,807 Posts
*****Warning. Recently middle aged man rant********

There is nothing wrong with car finance used correctly, but it's just abused and too easy to get.

My biggest gripe about the finance situation is many people just don't give a ****. They show little care, thought, consideration or responsibility for what they've signed up for.

They think about the car as "only" £400 per month and not as a £40k debt. They are in massive debt, but the monthly payment makes it sound fine. £40k debt is made to sound like a trivial amount of money.

They then don't care about the agreement and are willing to take huge risks with it. The £400 per month is affordable, but they don't have the money if something goes wrong. Why can't they just enjoy the car and enjoy it for what it is and not break all the agreement and play £40k roulette?

One of my other opinions always ruffles feathers, but I think it's very valid. Young people living at home with their parents, and people with no financial security, should not be getting tens of thousands of pounds of credit.

How often do you hear young ones saying they can't afford to get on the housing market, yet they are sitting with expensive cars that are costing a mortgage repayment in finance alone per month? That £20k in finance every 3/4 years goes a long way to paying for a nice house.

I know people detest the thought of the country becoming a nanny state. The sad fact is too many people are unable to show enough responsibility and have enough common sense to be capable of making their own decisions.
Kerr is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Kerr For This Useful Post:
Mugwump (12-06-2019), telewebby (15-06-2019), Turkleton (06-06-2019)
Old 05-06-2019, 11:27 AM   #24
tosh
OCD Sufferer (Obsessive Car Detailer)

Thanked 1,159 Times in 979 Posts
They're also paying £1500 a year for insurance, so that £400 for the car is now £525 before they've put any fuel in.

So they pay their car insurance monthly through the insurance company, who charge them 20% interest for the privilege. Because they don't have space on their credit card, and living off their overdraft.

Ho hum.
tosh is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2019, 12:07 PM   #25
percymon
OCD Sufferer (Obsessive Car Detailer)

Thanked 1,148 Times in 913 Posts
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by tosh View Post
They're also paying £1500 a year for insurance, so that £400 for the car is now £525 before they've put any fuel in.

So they pay their car insurance monthly through the insurance company, who charge them 20% interest for the privilege. Because they don't have space on their credit card, and living off their overdraft.

Ho hum.
£120/month for their top spec, latest mobile phone , £100/month to mum n dad for rent, and £10/day for Maccies. See you only need to earn £1500/month after tax to run a £40k car with £65 fuel per week lol!
percymon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2019, 12:17 PM   #26
muzzer

Garage
Much as i hated the Max Power boys, at least they weren't as far into debt as the new generation seem to be.

Back to matey boy from LLF, in another video on his youtube channel he was moaning and swearing because his insurers saw his video about the work done to the M4 and doibled his premiums. Cue lots of ‘i’m so fuffin annoyed bruv’ and ‘whats their game bruv’

So let me get this straight, you buy an already fast car and modify the living daylights out of it, post videos detailing exactly what you’ve done and then you throw your toys well out of the pram because they then want to charge you more??
He really is simple
Old 05-06-2019, 12:32 PM   #27
The Cueball
The Devil's Advocate

Thanked 12,336 Times in 6,881 Posts
Isn't there also footage on YT of him driving like an utter Bell. End. ???

Sure that won't be helping the simple guy out...
Old 05-06-2019, 12:36 PM   #28
Kerr
Distinguished Detailer

Quote:
Originally Posted by muzzer View Post
Much as i hated the Max Power boys, at least they weren't as far into debt as the new generation seem to be.

Back to matey boy from LLF, in another video on his youtube channel he was moaning and swearing because his insurers saw his video about the work done to the M4 and doibled his premiums. Cue lots of ‘i’m so fuffin annoyed bruv’ and ‘whats their game bruv’

So let me get this straight, you buy an already fast car and modify the living daylights out of it, post videos detailing exactly what you’ve done and then you throw your toys well out of the pram because they then want to charge you more??
He really is simple
Effectively his £70k car wasn't even insured. He was running massive risks with the insurance company and the finance company. Some people are beyond stupid.

No wonder the finance company doesn't trust him with the car.
The Following User Says Thank You to Kerr For This Useful Post:
Cookies (05-06-2019)
Old 05-06-2019, 12:38 PM   #29
Kerr
Distinguished Detailer

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Cueball View Post
Isn't there also footage on YT of him driving like an utter Bell. End. ???

Sure that won't be helping the simple guy out...
I'm surprised how many YouTube bloggers get away with filming some of the stuff they do on the roads.
Old 05-06-2019, 12:56 PM   #30
muzzer

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kerr View Post
Effectively his £70k car wasn't even insured. He was running massive risks with the insurance company and the finance company. Some people are beyond stupid.

No wonder the finance company doesn't trust him with the car.
I just don’t understand how someone so simple minded can have a successful channel whilst being so dumb!

The thing is, going back to the original topic, the M4 competition and likewise M2 competition that SB has, are not slow or powerless cars for goodness sake.