Detailing World  

Go Back   Detailing World > Detailing Products > Wheels, Tyres & Exterior Trim
DW Home Forum Home Merchandise Store Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Wheels, Tyres & Exterior Trim Wheels, Tyres & Exterior Trim Sponsored by ValetPRO - ValetPRO was founded in 2005. We are a UK based company and manufacture our products from ValetPRO HQ in Newhaven, East Sussex. Our vision at ValetPRO is to produce the highest quality car care products and to be the trusted brand of choice for retailers, professional detailers and car care enthusiasts everywhere. We value creativity and are constantly looking for new ways to improve our existing products or develop new ones. We are on hand to provide expert advice on our products and we are always happy to hear about your experience from using any of the ValetPRO range and receiving any feedback that you may have.

Old 16-09-2019, 10:19 AM   #21
Kris1986
PC Perfectionist

Send a message via MSN to Kris1986
Hi,

The pictures are from this morning, applied Gyeon Q2 Tire yesterday evening. It is rather sticky and residue must be wiped off otherwise it can sling, but it is still a very good tire dressing IMO.

IMG_20190916_053037 by Kristoffer Strand, on Flickr

IMG_20190915_203228 by Kristoffer Strand, on Flickr
Kris1986 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Kris1986 For This Useful Post:
AD18 (18-09-2019)
Old 16-09-2019, 10:51 AM   #22
westerman
OCD Sufferer (Obsessive Car Detailer)

Quote:
Originally Posted by AD18 View Post
What method do you use to apply perl to your tyres? Also, do you use it neat?
Clean tyres well with an APC, stiff brush and rinse before drying with an old MF.

I mix PERL 1:1. using a small 250 ml bottle. Actually I use an old 250 ml Acrylic spritz bottle.
I find the small spray bottle is perfect for getting the right amount on the tyres, then personally I spread the PERL with a brush and leave to dry. This can be repeated for a glossier finish but I prefer the one coat.

After that a fresh coating is applied each time I clean the car. Works really well for me.

Harry
westerman is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to westerman For This Useful Post:
AD18 (18-09-2019)
Old 18-09-2019, 07:52 PM   #23
AD18
Unwashed Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rian View Post
T1 on tyres any day over PERL,

It goes on easyer as T1 is a gel and you need a lot less of it, don't let a 250ml bottle put you off lasts me ages, I apply once or twice a month on tyres and about evey 1 - 2 months on trim

Lasts about a year as I only use it on my own car

However PERL is versatile and can be used inside and out and even on leather so if your trying to keep costs and product to a minimum then PERL is a good shout
Have you got a picture of the finish of T1 on your tyres by any chance mate? Or when you next apply it just take a quick pic for me if you remember
AD18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2019, 11:18 AM   #24
Gyeon Theo
DW Sponsor

Hi guys,

The perfect contestant for that comparison would be indeed Q˛M Tire Express instead of Q˛ Tire.

https://youtu.be/-1nb9t6lD4w
Gyeon Theo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2019, 11:31 AM   #25
\Rian
OCD Sufferer (Obsessive Car Detailer)

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by AD18 View Post
Have you got a picture of the finish of T1 on your tyres by any chance mate? Or when you next apply it just take a quick pic for me if you remember
Ill get a pic at weekend hopefully, just got back from holiday and washed the car Sunday, the tyres still look like I just dressed them and they are beading lovely.

Every time i wash my wheels I give the tyres a gental clean with a soft split end brush and they come up great, once every 2 months I clean with degreaser and stiff brush to deep clean before re-applying
\Rian is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
carpro, dressing, gyeon tire, perl, tyre