Detailing World  

Go Back   Detailing World > Lifestyle > The Money And Business Zone
DW Home Forum Home Merchandise Store Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

The Money And Business Zone All things money related, Savings, Finance, Pensions ,Insurance, Mortgages and more,

View Poll Results: Would you buy home furnishings online? Sofas/Beds/Flooring?
Yes, I would buy home furnishings without seeing them in person. 10 26.32%
No, I would always go and try them in person before buying them online later. 9 23.68%
No, I would always prefer to see and purchase them in a store to make sure its what I want. 19 50.00%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 38. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-05-2021, 01:48 PM   #51
Starbuck88
OCD Sufferer (Obsessive Car Detailer)

Thanked 3,945 Times in 2,578 Posts
Garage
It depends on the situation.

I put down that I would try in store but then buy online later without really reading your OP.

The reason for this and I can give a couple of prime examples.

Wanted a new mattress, as soon as we walked into dreams got jumped on by a sales person and quite frankly couldn't get rid of them the entire time we were in the shop.

I can't stress how much I hate that.

DFS similar situation, every 2 minutes asking if we needed help. We do our research on these companies websites about what we want to look at, go in and see them in person, then go home and order them from their websites. I don't want to sit there for an hour filling stuff in, random chit chat with someone who couldn't care less if I was even alive or not pretending to be best friends, having all sorts of extras thrown at me, when I can just sit in peace at home for 5 minutes and achieve the same thing.

I know that's not technically showrooming as we bought from the companies we went to look at and we wouldn't 'showroom' an independent business.

If there is tech I want, I will scour the net and buy the cheapest/best offer as if you're buying a branded bit of tech like a mobile phone, tv etc you know what you're getting.

Seldom do we actually venture out to physical stores in the best of times let alone now.
Starbuck88 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Starbuck88 For This Useful Post:
straight6hatch (10-05-2021)
Old 10-05-2021, 02:38 PM   #52
Taxboy
OCD Sufferer (Obsessive Car Detailer)

For soft furnishings I need to sit on / lie on the goods to see if they are comfortable. So I don't think I'd go for an online purchase for these type of items.

Totally O/T but can I ask from a comfort factor is there any difference between a mattress on a divan or on slatted boards

Sent from my moto g(7) plus using Tapatalk
Taxboy is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Taxboy For This Useful Post:
straight6hatch (10-05-2021)
Old 10-05-2021, 03:01 PM   #53
straight6hatch
PC Perfectionist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taxboy View Post
For soft furnishings I need to sit on / lie on the goods to see if they are comfortable. So I don't think I'd go for an online purchase for these type of items.

Totally O/T but can I ask from a comfort factor is there any difference between a mattress on a divan or on slatted boards

Sent from my moto g(7) plus using Tapatalk
Thanks for the feedback!

Of course you can ask! In theory, yes there is a difference. It comes down to a logical thought really - a divan base is fixed and firm. It wont move. Slatted bed frames do have some give and therefore will increase 'travel' and give the feeling of more comfort. In reality, the difference is marginal. My mattress on my previous base (divan) and my new bed frame (slatted) feels exactly the same. IMO comfort comes from the mattress and mattress only! Hope that helps
straight6hatch is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to straight6hatch For This Useful Post:
Taxboy (10-05-2021)