Detailing World  

Go Back   Detailing World > Detailing Products > Tools -Machine polishers, Pressure Washers, Detailing Equipment & Microfiber
DW Home Forum Home Merchandise Store Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Tools -Machine polishers, Pressure Washers, Detailing Equipment & Microfiber Sponsored by Detailed Clean : – 303 | 3M | Auto Finesse | Bilt Hamber | Blackfire | Black Mamba | Bouncer's | Britemax | California Scents | CarPro | Chemical Guys | Collinite | Crakalicious | Dakota Products | Dodo Juice | G3 Pro | Gtechniq | Koch Chemie | Lake Country | Meguiars | Menzerna | Muc-Off | Nanolex | OPT | Pinnacle | Poorboys World | Rupes | Sam's Detailing | Scholl Concepts | Soft99 | Sonax | Sonus | Stoner | Valet Pro | Victoria Wax | Wolfgang | Zaino | e-Gift Certificates | Trade Accounts | www.DetailedClean.co.uk

Old 01-03-2021, 10:26 PM   #11
AD18
Sponge Jockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rian View Post
Yes they work as a snow foam lance I had one as my first one for around a year until upgrading, I've still got it and use it occasionally for foaming the drive and cleaning the drive,

The main difference between the ebay ones and one like the mtm pf22 is the build quality and adjustments.

You can also get the wide mouth ones for around 15 quid from ali express if you can beare the wait £14.40 25%OFF | Car Wash Foam Bottle High Pressure Snow Foam Lance Soap Bottle With 1/4 Quick Release Connector Auto Cleaning Tools
https://a.aliexpress.com/_uzejcx

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk
Ok that is interesting and good to know. So would you say is this the absolute base generic unbranded version of the wide mouth version that you can find online? I seem to keep coming across this style but at different price levels (thinking each time I've found the cheapest) and wonder if anything is any different.

e.g. I thought this was the base unbranded version until you posted that:

https://www.in2detailing.co.uk/produ...32368466067535

and up again:

https://www.elitecarcare.co.uk/produ...le-foam-lance/

and even more:
https://stjarnagloss.com/products/sn...af216d73&_ss=r

Reckon all the exact same as the aliexpress one or could there be hidden differences?

As for ones that are not copies, is it just the autobrite and pf22?
AD18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2021, 11:02 PM   #12
ross@anachem
DW Sponsor

Send a message via MSN to ross@anachem
they are all the same. trust me.

only thing I will say is that whilst the Ali express etc are all cheap, as a company like any of the above when you're bringing hundreds of them in theres not the huge saving you may think.

taking into account shipping lots of foam cannons on a pallet from china, (shipping price has increased more than 300% at the minute) paying import duties and the good old VAT etc. still leaves a margin in it, but not massive amounts.

you or the common man buying one or two from china where they can post without any real customs declarations will undoubtedly make a saving.

use code DW10 on checkout for 10% off

Last edited by ross@anachem; 02-03-2021 at 03:06 PM.
ross@anachem is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ross@anachem For This Useful Post:
AD18 (02-03-2021), atbalfour (02-03-2021)
Old 02-03-2021, 09:42 AM   #13
\Rian
OCD Sufferer (Obsessive Car Detailer)

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by AD18 View Post
Ok that is interesting and good to know. So would you say is this the absolute base generic unbranded version of the wide mouth version that you can find online? I seem to keep coming across this style but at different price levels (thinking each time I've found the cheapest) and wonder if anything is any different.

e.g. I thought this was the base unbranded version until you posted that:

https://www.in2detailing.co.uk/produ...32368466067535

and up again:

https://www.elitecarcare.co.uk/produ...le-foam-lance/

and even more:
https://stjarnagloss.com/products/sn...af216d73&_ss=r

Reckon all the exact same as the aliexpress one or could there be hidden differences?

As for ones that are not copies, is it just the autobrite and pf22?
Correct sir, obviously I have no proof but I highly doubt any of the companies you've listed above have the facilities to design, test, and manufacture snow foam lances.

As much as I love Auto Brite I very much assume they didn't make their own either and its just a rebranded version.

As far as I can tell its only MTM and idrobase who design and make their own stuff.

Now, this doesn't mean the Autobrite one is of bad quality or doesn't work what it means is your paying for a brand.
\Rian is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to \Rian For This Useful Post:
AD18 (02-03-2021)
Old 02-03-2021, 06:46 PM   #14
Kenan

So I order a non branded one for £10.50 and was delivered within the week. Tested before giving to my sister in law and worked as well as my old autobright Lance, little bit less foam than my Detailed Online Lance but she was happy with it.

Sent from my Redmi Note 7 using Tapatalk
Kenan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2021, 06:47 PM   #15
Kenan

Quote:
Originally Posted by \Rian View Post
Correct sir, obviously I have no proof but I highly doubt any of the companies you've listed above have the facilities to design, test, and manufacture snow foam lances.

As much as I love Auto Brite I very much assume they didn't make their own either and its just a rebranded version.

As far as I can tell its only MTM and idrobase who design and make their own stuff.

Now, this doesn't mean the Autobrite one is of bad quality or doesn't work what it means is your paying for a brand.
I'v seen in another thread you saying the MTM is better then other Lance's, in what way is it better?

Kenan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2021, 07:17 PM   #16
xlfive

Garage
Send a message via MSN to xlfive
Interesting video on the subject
https://youtu.be/8ldDmgCr88k

Last edited by xlfive; 02-03-2021 at 07:23 PM.
xlfive is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to xlfive For This Useful Post:
AndyN01 (19-03-2021)
Old 02-03-2021, 07:34 PM   #17
AD18
Sponge Jockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by ross@anachem View Post
they are all the same. trust me.

only thing I will say is that whilst the Ali express etc are all cheap, as a company like any of the above when you're bringing hundreds of them in theres not the huge saving you may think.

taking into account shipping lots of foam cannons on a pallet from china, (shipping price has increased more than 300% at the minute) paying import duties and the good old VAT etc. still leaves a margin in it, but not massive amounts.

you or the common man buying one or two from china where they can post without any real customs declarations will undoubtedly make a saving.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rian View Post

Thats interesting to know, thank you guys for the insight

Something like this generic one would probably be plenty for me but I do also certainly appreciate the R&D work that a company does for their own product so MTM, while on the complete other end of the scale, certainly has its plus points too. It is a steep price though but don't know whether it really is worth it.

Last edited by AD18; 02-03-2021 at 07:50 PM.
AD18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2021, 11:12 AM   #18
\Rian

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenan View Post
I'v seen in another thread you saying the MTM is better then other Lance's, in what way is it better?

Comparing it with my cheap Chinese one and my Idro base Piuma lance I can confirm the Adjustment knob on the top feels much more robust and has clicks for each setting.

The casting is a much better finish

It has an adjustable spray pattern from verticle to horizontal.

When deconstructed the quality of the construction is just better.
\Rian is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to \Rian For This Useful Post:
Kenan (03-03-2021)