Detailing World Forum banner

Plasfloor flooring tiles

29K views 32 replies 16 participants last post by  RaceGlazer 
#1 ·
So I finally found a website that does the type of flooring I’m after. They seem to be the cheapest price for my garage (19SqM) Yellow & black patterned.

Has anyone had any experience with them? Too cheap to be true? Been quoted £360 + delivery Or Swisstrax would cost £800 or so, I just cannot justify this price!

Been on YouTube and seen a few bad reviews regarding the Plasfloor tiles.

Trying to keep cost down as I’m having my garage door opened up and a new door fitted. Plus all new led batten lighting etc, all adds up!

Any help would be great! Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#6 ·
We are due to move house soon and with a 7m x 4.2m garage on site, I'm finally going to put flooring tiles in and like the Plasfloor website as you can draw your design and get a price on mixed tiles. Black and light grey.

£576 for me which I thought was a decent price so I'd be interested in feedback if anyone as any.

Thanks for posting this Dawn as I was going to ask a similar 'garage floor tile' question.

#7 ·
They are sending a sample which I should get this week. YouTube is all I’ve looked at, a few issues lining & locking them together & the other was bubbling up.

Lol yeah group buy! I like the sound of that!

#11 ·
Ah sorry yes got my samples a couple of weeks ago! Not really what I was expecting in all honesty. Very thin and hard.

So I did more shopping about, and found tuff tiles. So got samples off them at £20 for two delivered.

I'm now set on ordering from tuff tiles. A little more at £560 iirc but a lot easier to fit together and nicer to kneel on I found. With a lifetime warranty.

Plasfloor tiles are the smaller

#12 ·
Ah sorry yes got my samples a couple of weeks ago! Not really what I was expecting in all honesty. Very thin and hard.

So I did more shopping about, and found tuff tiles. So got samples off them at £20 for two delivered.

I'm now set on ordering from tuff tiles. A little more at £560 iirc but a lot easier to fit together and nicer to kneel on I found. With a lifetime warranty.

Plasfloor tiles are the smaller

thank you, great info.:thumb:

I will chase up my samples and then decide, they are very small in comparison to the normal type. interested to see how you get on with those, could be a smart move for moving water away from the surface and letting air get to the floor. looking forward to the finished photos.

I have a lintel to fit before I can even consider flooring but its nice to plan ahead....

#26 ·
I have the Plasfloor tiles fitted.
These have been down for approx 6 years and i'd recommend them as they're easy to clean (spray APC then mop off) and screws etc don't get lost where with the other type of tiles you show they could drop through.

I did find a few of the tiles did distort (bend upwards) but the website says they may do this if in direct sunlight - mine were the ones near to the door which is open in sunlight.
This i put down to wear and tear so ordered some more tiles in red to change the pattern at the same time :)

The tiles are hard so trolley jacks don't leave any dents, any serious marks come off with apc, tardis, white spirit

I got mine from here - http://plasfloor.co.uk/index.php/tile-calculator

#29 ·
@47p2 these look great and i recently got a sample of the eco tile 7mm tiles and they are great quality.

and having now discovered how cold it is this time of the year in the garage i think having decent floor tiles would make the floor less cold and more comfortable to walk and roll around on too!

in terms of prep is it just a case of cleaning and sealing the concrete to prevent dust?

#28 ·
Thought I’d give this a bump and see how people are getting on. I’ve got a 5 x 3.75 garage which is used as a laundry, tool storage, workshop and motorbike store.

I think I need a solid tile so dust and spills can’t get between it. Something I can leave the trolley jack, motorbike, etc on long term without ruining it. Semi tempted to go porcelain but something like duramat I can do myself and maybe do a patter with is tempting.

Any advice?

#32 ·
I went with Duramat Durastud which is the same as their Duratile but with circle/disc shape pattern.

They are solid, no honeycomb so you can Jack up a car on them. I have my motorbike on an ABBA Skylift and it’s easy to move around on these. Also much more comfortable and warmer than cold concrete.

I just brushed, hoovered and laid the floor straight away.

#33 ·
We have been supplying garage floor tiles for about 10 years.

There are several things to take into account when choosing.

1. Potential use - tiles are usually 5mm or 7mm, we always recommend the thicker ones as they are very little more money but are more solid, better able to deal with uneven floors and load bearing of wheels, jacks etc.

2. Tiles with slots in are dust traps so best to go for solid ones.

3. Check the tiles you are buying are recycled or made from virgin material.

4. I prefer the hidden join type, they just look neater and are the bigger seller amongst our range.

5. You can lay about 10m/sq per hour, all you need is a rubber mallet.

Details here, happy to send out samples: https://morethanpolish.com/product/pvc-garage-floor-tiles/

Hope thats useful

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.