Detailing World  

Go Back   Detailing World > Lifestyle > The Music Zone
DW Home Forum Home Merchandise Store Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

The Music Zone For All Things Music :)

Old 12-04-2019, 03:43 PM   #81
virgiltracey
PC Perfectionist

Went to see Joanne Shaw Taylor at the Birmingham O2 a couple weekends ago, absolutely electric show
virgiltracey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2019, 03:49 PM   #82
chris182
OCD Sufferer (Obsessive Car Detailer)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kerr View Post
Some of the Butlins weekenders look really good. Some of the line ups look strong.

Does it have a festival like atmosphere?

I'm off to see Luke Sital-Singh tonight. He won't be to everyone's taste, but like him.
I suppose that would depend on which of the weekends you go to. Try and think of who will be attracted to each of the weekends and the age group they are catering to.

We tried the Sixties this year for the first time and it was so full of mobility scooters you could hardly move.

We've done the Seventies weekends now for about 10 years and always enjoy it. How could you not, with likes of Slade, T-Rex, David Bowie, Blondie, Queen, ELO, The Eagles, The Rollin' Clones. They are just some of the ones I prefer, mostly tributes of course.

You do get a lot of stag and hen Do's and some really good fancy dress outfits. You have to remember that all the music weekends are all adult only so it can get a bit messy.

Difference between these weekends and a festival is obviously that you have a choice of accommodation and a choice of where and when to eat and its all undercover with seating, if your early enough to get a seat that is.
chris182 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to chris182 For This Useful Post:
Kerr (12-04-2019)
Old 06-05-2019, 01:03 PM   #83
chris182

Terrorvision last night at the o2 Ritz in Manchester. Another absolutely brilliant gig. The energy they put in their performances is unbelievable. Admittedly there are bands whose music I prefer but none where I enjoy the atmosphere quite so much and they get everyone bouncing around.
The Amorettes supporting, never seen these before but great band with some really great sounds. Having listened to them on youtube its a pity they didn't do a few more songs. I'm sure they will have made a few more fans.
Old 15-06-2019, 01:40 AM   #84
bigmac3161

Metallica slane castle the support acts where pants but the old boys can still rock

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
bigmac3161 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-06-2019, 05:56 PM   #85
alfajim

went to see garbage last night, in camb.
alfajim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2019, 11:34 PM   #86
mr2nut123
Unwashed Member

State Champs in Leeds. Superb pop punk band from the US
mr2nut123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2019, 11:40 PM   #87
Kerr
Distinguished Detailer

Thanked 7,307 Times in 4,614 Posts
We went to see David Gray when we were in Cork. It was a strange gig to say the least.

It went from the crowd paying zero interest and drowning out Gray on certain songs to blasting every word out full pelt.

Half the gig was rude and disrespectful, the other half was highly enthusiastic.

Last edited by Kerr; 12-07-2019 at 11:45 PM.
Kerr is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2019, 11:50 PM   #88
Bug Sponge
Washmitt Meister

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris182 View Post
Terrorvision last night at the o2 Ritz in Manchester. Another absolutely brilliant gig. The energy they put in their performances is unbelievable. Admittedly there are bands whose music I prefer but none where I enjoy the atmosphere quite so much and they get everyone bouncing around.
The Amorettes supporting, never seen these before but great band with some really great sounds. Having listened to them on youtube its a pity they didn't do a few more songs. I'm sure they will have made a few more fans.
Great venue The Ritz, one of my faves.
Bug Sponge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-07-2019, 11:39 PM   #89
chris182

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bug Sponge View Post
Great venue The Ritz, one of my faves.
Only 1 more coming up for the Ritz, at the moment, The Interrupters next Feb, but it is a cracking venue.

I've got Volbeat at the Apollo, Reverend and the Makers at the Academy, Jordan Allen at Gorilla, somewhere I've never been before, Of Monsters and Men at the Academy and I've just got a ticket for Babymetal for the Apollo next Feb.

I only found these very recently (Babymetal) and can't for the life of me think why. I've been into rock/metal all my life and had never even heard of them. They are huge in their home Japan, but then I've found they've played Sonisphere (4 years ago), Download, Leeds/Reading and this year Glastonbury, Wembley Arena among concerts all over the world. They've opened for Red Hot Chili Peppers, Metallica, Guns N Roses, Korn, Lady Ga Ga, etc, and they're still only 20 and 21 years old. Some fantastic live performances on YouTube.
Old 04-10-2019, 05:53 PM   #90
chris182

Well Volbeat were fantastic on Tuesday in Manchester. A good mix of older stuff and their new material.