Detailing World  

Go Back   Detailing World > Lifestyle > Health & Lifestyle Zone
DW Home Forum Home Merchandise Store Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Health & Lifestyle Zone Suited and Booted ,Grooming, Personal Care, Health, Shaving , Aftershaves , Clothes , Watches and more

Old 19-06-2019, 06:40 PM   #1
nbray67
OCD Sufferer (Obsessive Car Detailer)

Thanked 2,612 Times in 1,893 Posts
Garage
Laser Eye surgery - Optical Express - Beware

Hi all.

This is a heads up for those who may be looking into Laser Eye surgery.

Just sharing our recent experience with OE and their laser eye surgery process, not the laser eye surgery itself.

Cutting a long story short,my wife visited OE on the 30th March to look into laser eye surgery and was told her long eyesight wasn't worthy of surgery in both eyes so they'd only laser one to enable her to have good short and long sight.

They wanted her to wear a contact lens in one eye to simulate the surgery so, as per their terms and conditions, she paid them £500 on the 30th March.

Fast forward a few weeks where the wife found that having one eye corrected was not her cup of tea so she cancelled the proposed surgery on the 17th May and requested her £500 back.

OE, as per their terms and conditions, said this refund could take up to 28 working days to process.

It's now the 19th June, and still no refund with OE stating that the 28 working days is not yet over!!

I did question how they can take payment instantly but then withhold the refund for 3mths and what interest they are making on numerous deposits they hold on to, needless to say, they refused to answer that question and simply keep referring us to the 'terms and conditions'.

So, if you are thinking of laser eye surgery with OE but then have to withdraw from the process as the surgery isn't suitable, be prepared to wait and wait for your deposit back, min £500.

Further research, not done before we approached them, shows OE have numerous complaints regards withholding deposits and ignoring requests to refund.
nbray67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-06-2019, 06:58 PM   #2
MrMatt
Washmitt Meister

I guess the 28 working days is up a week tomorrow and they will leave it until the last day?
MrMatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-06-2019, 07:26 PM   #3
nbray67

Thanked 2,612 Times in 1,893 Posts
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrMatt View Post
I guess the 28 working days is up a week tomorrow and they will leave it until the last day?
Yep.

In fact, the wife has just had an email to confirm the payment has been processed and will be in our account in the next 3-5 working days, so yep, taking it all the way til the end of the term.

Pee poor imo.
nbray67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-06-2019, 07:43 PM   #4
AndyN01

I'm afraid it's why I avoid all sorts of "cheap" stores.

Great to get the stuff cheap. Usually a right pain in the proverbial if something's not right. Give me a little independent - such as our DW sponsors

Sorry it's gone pear shaped but glad it looks like it's coming to an end.

Andy.
AndyN01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-06-2019, 08:01 PM   #5
Gas head
Washmitt Meister

Lucky escape not having it, a close family friend had laser treatment and lost an eye due to infection, it was a number of years ago when in this type of surgery just started but even so, poor bloke lost a finger same year whilst fixing the garage door so not the luckiest of folk.
Gas head is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-06-2019, 08:08 PM   #6
slim_boy_fat

Thanked 1,308 Times in 1,102 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by nbray67 View Post
Yep.

In fact, the wife has just had an email to confirm the payment has been processed and will be in our account in the next 3-5 working days, so yep, taking it all the way til the end of the term.

Pee poor imo.
Errrr, I'm going to put my head on the block and say that OE have adhered to the terms of the contract between themselves and your wife, so you/she don't really have any justifiable cause for complaint - that's what contracts are for, so that both parties know what their rights and obligations are. Had they failed to agree or make the refund, then another situation arises.

For balance, I had both eyes done about 10 years ago and am only now needing cheap reading glasses for small or some coloured print - I was told back then that this would happen. So, they can't be all bad.
slim_boy_fat is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to slim_boy_fat For This Useful Post:
Cookeh (19-06-2019)
Old 19-06-2019, 08:20 PM   #7
garage_dweller
Orbital Oracle

Quote:
Originally Posted by slim_boy_fat View Post
Errrr, I'm going to put my head on the block and say that OE have adhered to the terms of the contract between themselves and your wife, so you/she don't really have any justifiable cause for complaint - that's what contracts are for, so that both parties know what their rights and obligations are. Had they failed to agree or make the refund, then another situation arises.

For balance, I had both eyes done about 10 years ago and am only now needing cheap reading glasses for small or some coloured print - I was told back then that this would happen. So, they can't be all bad.

Agreed, I don’t really get what your issue is. They said as per the contract you would get your refund in 28 working days, which they’ve done.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
garage_dweller is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to garage_dweller For This Useful Post:
slim_boy_fat (19-06-2019)
Old 19-06-2019, 08:35 PM   #8
The Cueball
The Devil's Advocate

Thanked 11,988 Times in 6,703 Posts
Internet shock horror of company sticking to agreed terms and conditions...

Won’t somebody think of the children!!

Cookeh (19-06-2019), RandomlySet (26-06-2019), slim_boy_fat (19-06-2019)
Old 19-06-2019, 08:50 PM   #9
Derekh929
Distinguished Detailer

Thanked 5,853 Times in 4,761 Posts
I and my family have used spec savers for years , always been great service and price, but most companies will stick to set terms and run with them.
As long as made aware or given terms that’s then fair IMHO
On the other side spec savers said I needed a hearing aid and I decided to get independent test and was told I was fine and little benefit of getting a hearing aid.
It is the wife and daughter that keep saying I’m deaf and not hearing exactly what they are saying
Derekh929 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-06-2019, 08:54 PM   #10
Shug

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyN01 View Post
Great to get the stuff cheap. Usually a right pain in the proverbial if something's not right. Give me a little independent - such as our DW sponsors
Searched the polished bliss site for ages and still can't find the eye surgery bit.
Shug is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Shug For This Useful Post:
AndyN01 (20-06-2019)