Detailing World Forum banner

New Z4 M40i Frozen Metallic help with poroducts

9K views 11 replies 8 participants last post by  MAW73 
#1 · (Edited)
New Z4 M40i in Frozen Metallic Grey help with products

After some advise please . I have put a deposit down on a x demo Z M40i which I should be collecting in a week or two.

It is this one as per the link below which comes in the special optional Frozen Metallic Grey paint option.

https://usedcars.bmw.co.uk/vehicle/201906149025328?quoteref=8217f5af-bfb7-45df-a1c9-a40565111eee

This paint for sure is probably going to need a little more careful maintenance.

Please could get some advice on the best and most suitable products to use on this for a new car protection and for the maintenance moving forward??

Thanks

#6 ·
After some advise please . I have put a deposit down on a x demo Z M40i which I should be collecting in a week or two.

It is this one as per the link below which comes in the special optional Frozen Metallic Grey paint option.

https://usedcars.bmw.co.uk/vehicle/201906149025328?quoteref=8217f5af-bfb7-45df-a1c9-a40565111eee

This paint for sure is probably going to need a little more careful maintenance.

Please could get some advice on the best and most suitable products to use on this for a new car protection and for the maintenance moving forward??

Thanks
take a trip to a local to you detailing firm , theres a Few on here, let them work there magic with the car and they no doubt will give you advice on maintaining it after there work

#7 · (Edited)
I got cold feet in the end with regard to the Matt frozen grey paint finish. I spoke to a few very helpful professional detailing companies and they all said it was a difficult car to maintain. One company recommended having the car wrapped in a clear film was the best way forward for piece of mind. However, at a cost of nearly 4k this wasn't an option for me.

Also as the car in question was bmw demo car and had 3k in the clock since April. So I was very nervous as to how they had been looking after it.

So in the end I have orderd a new one in Black Sapphire.

#8 ·
From experience of regularly looking after a matte frozen Bronze BMW, they are fairly easy to maintain and can look stunning, and Gtechniq C2v3 is perfect on them (quick and easy to apply too) or a matte wax. Make-up and de-icer leave grease stains that will eventually come off!

However, you can't polish them at all, and don't underestimate how hard it is to get any sort of damage sorted - especially by BMW! Most of their bodyshops wont touch the frozen range as colour matching is an absolute nightmare!

#9 ·
Make-up and de-icer leave grease stains that will eventually come off!

However, you can't polish them at all, and don't underestimate how hard it is to get any sort of damage sorted - especially by BMW! Most of their bodyshops wont touch the frozen range as colour matching is an absolute nightmare!
It's exactly this reason why I got cold feet and was advised the same by others.

Ps I hope you are well Blackroc and buisness is good. I remeber you well from your alpine white m135i days on the babybmw forum :thumb:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.