Detailing World Forum banner

DA polishers

20K views 13 replies 7 participants last post by  M3_GT 
#1 ·
Hi, I need to upgrade my old da machine (Megs g240). What do you suggest to use? Also what is the best Aio to use with?
Thank you.:thumb:

#2 ·
Hi, any budget in mind. I came from a similar machine a long time back.

I bought my friend a DAS6 Pro for his birthday a few years back, its an improvement over the likes of the Megs G220 but I at the time and still do have the Flex 3401 VRG, little expensive when you factor in the backing plate system to allow some flexibility for different size pads but its a great machine. Its gear driven it wont stop spinning unlike the G220 with pressure. But be be honest it requires almost no pressure anyway.

Another popular line is the Rupes Bigfoot. Dont know much about it, its not geared like the flex is and there are several versions but it has a long thow so the pad travels a greater distance in comparison to most other DA's.

The will be others so would search on the site or look at comparisons and stockist see whats available, I got mine about 3 years ago and there's a new bunch even since then.

Hope it helps

#6 ·
Had my flex 3401 for years. In that time I have had a few rotary polishers, one I've finally settled on lol, and had a couple of rupes machines. Prefer the Flex, as as above says, it's forced drive, whilst rupes machines will eventually bog down. The 3401, for me at least, is a keeper. Been 100% reliable and its had some stick. Yes it costs a bit, especially with the LC backing plates, but for me certainly, worth it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.