Detailing World Forum banner

Abrasiveness chart

463K views 81 replies 69 participants last post by  NorthantsPete 
#1 ·
#74 ·
Honestly ids a Glaze! Filled with fillers cleaners. Its abrasive (to remove contaminates) obviously if it wasn't it wouldn't make the surface smooth but still not a polish. It will give some correction on real soft paint and I mean real soft paint!

You can be rest its not gonna effect your paint layer much neither can it damage (a good paint)

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

#81 ·
If you are talking about the Hex Logic pads, I think the blue pad has a slight cut with it. Good for use with a prewax cleanser that has some abrasives in it.
I.E. Dodo Juice Lime Prime or Britemax Blackmax

Black Pad no cut, good for a final finish polish, glaze or prewax cleanser with no abrasives.
I.E. Dodo Juice Lime Prime Lite.

Red really soft no cut, apply glaze, sealant or liquid wax.
I.E. Chemical Guys Butter Wet Wax or Collinite 845 Insulator wax.

That's how I see them anyway.

#82 · (Edited)
hmm link isnt working anymore?

Scholl one was quite useful, if a little overlapping, most would have an s2/3, an s17 and then maybe an s40.

or the new farecla 360 system (although i prefer for cost, the g3 premium then finishing polish g10 with an 808/801 pad combo - they do bundles of this with pads on ebay as its the process many use like 105/205)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.