Detailing World  

Go Back   Detailing World > Detailing Products > The Official DetailingWorld™ Review Section > Wheels / Trim
DW Home Forum Home Merchandise Store Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-02-2020, 01:22 PM   #1
91davidw
Jnr Reviewer

12 Days of Xmas Day 3 Prize Detailingworld™ Review – Vonixx Restaurax Plastic Restore

12 Days of Xmas Day 3 Prize Detailingworld™ Review – Vonixx Restaurax Plastic Restorer

Part 1

Introduction

12 Days of Xmas 2019 Day 3 Vonixx prize.

Big thanks to Vonixx for offering such an amazing prize, supporting Detailing World and it's members !!!!

Vonixx has been operating since 2005 as a manufacturer and developer of car care products. It is located in Brazil, in the state of Ceará, which is the largest producer of carnaúba in the world. Vonixx is implemented in an area of 121.000 sq. ft. and has its own laboratory, as well as a committed and well-trained team. All these characteristics are set to ensure excellence and quality in its products. It started its operation under the name Quimiflex and with its growth, it underwent through a process of rebranding, leading to the creation of Vonixx.

https://vonixx.com/

Also available at Detailing World Forum Trader https://www.slimsdetailing.co.uk/vonixx.html

What Vonixx say about Restaurax

Restaurax is a product developed to restore and renew plastic surfaces, such as the bumper, panels, side doors, etc.
Its formulation contains special polymers that, in addition to restoring plastic surfaces, protect the workpiece against the action of time, avoiding the early degradation of the material.

Restore and renew
Protection against the actions of time
Contains last generation polymers

DIRECTIONS:
Thoroughly clean the surface and then apply the product with a foam applicator until complete restoration.
If necessary repeat the operation. To keep the plastic always new, perform one application every 60 days.

The Product

Restaurax is from Vonixx Diamond range and comes in a silver 500ml bottle with a black pull up cap.
I like the fact they have the Vonixx name molded in the bottom of the bottle and the bottle plastic feels sturdy and strong, gives the impression if you dropped the bottle it wouldn't split or crack.
Restaurax is a pale lilac coloured water like liquid which has a smell I can only describe as like the cough medicine you were made to take as a child, smelt great but tasted horrible. I didn't taste Restaurax !! lol

Black labels with nice silver refective writing front and back.
On the front at the top print near the neck of the bottle is the product made date 11/19 and batch no.

On the back, instructions of how to use.
Below this is the contact info and important Hazard Information.
There is a BEST USED BY: 24 Months after the date of manufacture.
So given date of 11/19 this should be good until 11/21.
Made In Brazil logo on the bottom of the bottle.

The Method

Restaurax is being tested on the boot spoiler of my Mk3 Golf GTI, the boot spoiler is very faded almost white.
Before applying I thoroughly cleaned the boot spoiler with a APC.
I like to use a small piece of foam to apply this type of product and use a microfibre to buff off any residue.

Boot spoiler close up before.

Piece of foam cut to size to reduce the chance of getting product on the paint.

One small drop of Restaurax on the foam.

Starting to apply.

It only took 2 drops to cover half the boot spoiler.

Even with thoroughly cleaning the boot spoiler Restaurax still lifted some ingrained dirt from the boot spoiler.

50/50 shot

Finish.
Restaurax drys into the plastic very quickly meaning I didn't have to buff the finish.

Close-up of finish,

Price

Vonixx Restaurax is available in 500ml bottles for Ł14.99

Would I use this again ?

It all comes down to the million dollar question...

Would I buy Vonixx Restaurax with my own money ??

Answer is a simple Yes.

Conclusion

Restaurax is a great product.
Easy application.
Restores plastic trim brilliantly.
Leaves a great looking finish.
Drys in meaning you don't have to buff any residue off.
No transfer onto your fingers or fingerprints on the plastic if you touch the finish.
Spreads so well, you use very little meaning the 500ml bottle will last ages.

"Detailingworld™ reviewer has followed the Manufacturers Instructions and accepts no responsibility to any circumstances arising from any member using these products or following this test"
91davidw is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to 91davidw For This Useful Post:
atbalfour (02-02-2020), Brian1612 (02-02-2020), Cole_E91 (02-02-2020), cooter k (02-02-2020), GSVHammer (03-02-2020), JoeyJoeJo (02-02-2020)