Detailing World Forum banner

Cartec Ceramic Guard

7K views 17 replies 9 participants last post by  B8sy 
#1 ·
Oh yes another one from me 😁

Anyone with experience of this product!? Couldn't find anything on the search pages for this.

#3 ·
Nothing from me.

Are you installing yourself or will someone be doing it for you?

Is a warranty or guarantee from an installer important for you?

What are you looking to spend?
No will be getting a pro to do it. Just bit of a mind field as to different products. Had quotes ranging from £700 - £1200 each using different ceramic and each saying this is the best.

There's not really reviews of people actually having the product and what it's like to live with. Just applications of the product.

Hard knowing which to go for

#7 ·
I might have said this before, but if you’re getting it installed, it is less about the coating itself and more about the quality of work the detailer does in the prep and polishing and then, this is also very important, how they stand by their work and what the warranty/guarantee conditions on the coating are.

What you don’t want is a coating that needs very specific and regular maintenance in order for the warranty to be honoured, which will likely end up being expensive and cumbersome. Ceramic Pro are pretty bad for that and why I wouldn’t recommend them.

What you should look for is a coating that is decent enough to be trusted by the brand and installers so the warranty is easy to live with.

#8 ·
I might have said this before, but if you're getting it installed, it is less about the coating itself and more about the quality of work the detailer does in the prep and polishing and then, this is also very important, how they stand by their work and what the warranty/guarantee conditions on the coating are.

What you don't want is a coating that needs very specific and regular maintenance in order for the warranty to be honoured, which will likely end up being expensive and cumbersome. Ceramic Pro are pretty bad for that and why I wouldn't recommend them.

What you should look for is a coating that is decent enough to be trusted by the brand and installers so the warranty is easy to live with.
Except ceramic pro will warranty their work. If you go for the 10 year ceramic pro, you get a true 10 years if you follow the schedule / maintenance

#12 ·
Look at their actual warranties, see what they say and in particular, the small print. The devil is in the detail.

There is nothing wrong with IR lamp curing, it's accelerating the curing time and shows that there's likely to be a high solids content in the coating. Most of the hard and durable coatings need IR curing.

#14 ·
The difference with ceramic guard and a lot of different coatings is the bond type. It is partially SiC as aposed to si02, which means it has a chemical bond (in this case partially) rather than physical. Optimum is the same.
I am not a ceramic pro installer, so i can only speak from my experience, but i only have negatives with regards to it. Ive seen a few cars with it on now, and its always because owners are unhappy. I have also spent a long time on the phone with an installer who was so underwhelmed by it that he was actively talking people out of it.
As i say, take that for what it is, i have never installed it and am only ever going to see unhappy customers, but its still my personal experience

#16 ·
I am not a ceramic pro installer, so i can only speak from my experience, but i only have negatives with regards to it. Ive seen a few cars with it on now, and its always because owners are unhappy. I have also spent a long time on the phone with an installer who was so underwhelmed by it that he was actively talking people out of it.
As i say, take that for what it is, i have never installed it and am only ever going to see unhappy customers, but its still my personal experience
I won't use this as an opportunity to slam a brand, bit if you look at their network over the last few years - you'll see it started strong and then went drastically off course.
It started off with strict network acceptance and then was sold to anyone who would buy.
A few people had genuine warranty issues and the company refused to acknowledge it and stated "the warranty is with the installer" and washed their hands of it.

I personally never had a problem with the product, just everything else :lol:

#17 ·
The Americans deal with this so much better than we do
They say Manage expectations
The problem we have here is at detailers world the members are sceptics this is good because a product stands or falls on its ability
Now the public generally expect far tooooo much to the point of nonsensical claims
saw it all in a previous life with speed camera detectors had a retail shop almost came to blows several times with absolute idiots who came in with a box they believed could not only detect but stop and block everything and it cost £29.99

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.