Detailing World  

Go Back   Detailing World > Manufacturers and Private Label Brands > Manufacturers and Private Label Brands > XVC Car Care
DW Home Forum Home Merchandise Store Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

XVC Car Care XclusV Custom Motors were born from passion and love to sports and exotic cars. We started our journey as a Vehicle Import Company and now we are supplying Prestige and Classic Vehicles to Customers around the UK and Europe. Due to a business growth, we are proud to launch our newest brand - ​​​​​​​XVC Car Care SuperStore In close partnership with RR Customs we are officially able to present to you a Premium Line of detailing products which are cheap and affordable to everyone!! Our mission is to make a car detailing more professional, accessible and cooler than ever !! We want to offer you a unique shopping experience in the world of car care. Please Join our Family and ‘Drive The Dream’!!

Old 22-02-2019, 12:15 AM   #1
Cookies
Distinguished Detailer + Dw Reviewer

Thanked 6,108 Times in 4,302 Posts
Garage
Detailingworld™ Review - XVC Customs Tar & Glue Remover

Introduction
Hi all,
Thanks to the guys at XVC Car Care for sending out the RR Customs Tar and Glue Remover for review. See https://www.xvccarcare.co.uk/

RR Customs is a new brand, and is being distributed in the UK by XVC Car Care. XVC Car Care started out as a Vehicle Import Company and now are supplying Prestige and Classic Vehicles to Customers around the UK and Europe.

RR Customs, on the other hand, is a Polish tuning company, with a significant history in car tuning and styling. Have a read through their website at https://rrcustoms.com/en

The Product
Okay, the 1 litre bottle of RR Customs Tar and Glue Remover arrived sealed with a screw lid, but did have a spray nozzle in the box, which was nice to see.
The white plastic bottle with black and white branding is very simple and reasonably distinctive. One thing I noticed was that the bottles on the website had a bright orange stripe with the product name running down the side of the label. Mine, however, didn’t, I assume they’ve had a minor redesign recently. As this is a tar remover, I was under no illusion as to how it would smell, and yip, spot on like a tar remover should.
The rear label has comprehensive detail regarding the product, application instructions, and health and safety data. The only complaint I have is that, being in my mid 40s, the writing on the rear label is very, very small.

The bottle says:-
RRC Tar & Glue Remover is a very efficient formulation used to prepare lacquered surfaces for the application of wax and protective coating. A must-have before starting the process of polishing, it perfectly handles dirt such as : tar, resin, hardened adhesives, and tree sap. It removes them from the surface of the lacquer, glass, and the engine compartment. As an advantage, the preparation features a pretty a quite long [sic] evaporation time and perfect penetration of road deposits. It can be used on any lacquered surfaces. Attention! Do not apply on rubber, aluminium and elements made of low quality plastics.

The Manufacturer says:

From - https://www.xvccarcare.co.uk/tar-and...er-1l-89-p.asp

RR Customs Tar and Glue Remover takes a fresh approach on how to remove tar and adhesives from car surface. Use for all purpose degreasing tar and asphalt removal, insect, tyre mark, adhesives spot removal, traffic film and many other tough cleaning jobs. Use this product where a tough solvent or tar remover is needed. It quickly penetrates and loosens tar, so it may be flushed off with water.

HOW TO USE:
- Shake well. Test on an inconspicuous area before use
- Apply to the affected area using a trigger spray (for paintwork) or cloth (for interiors)
- Leave for up to 5 minutes. For interior use, agitate the surface to break down the contaminant
- Wipe with microfibre cloth.

The Method

The test bed for this review, is my wife’s white Citroen DS3. There was quite a few tar spots on both sides, so I thought it was a good opportunity to test it out on those first.
The directions on the bottle differ slightly to the website, it says:-
- Apply the preparation on a dry and cooll surface with an atomiser from a the [sic] distance of 30cm, starting from the bottom of the car.
- Leave the preparation on the surface for 5 to 10 minutes.
- Rinse with water under pressure and clean the car with a car shampoo with a neutral pH.
- If needed, repeat the process described above.
Having the bottle in hand, that’s what I followed.

The starting point, a very dirty DS3….

Product applied.

Immediately it started working on the tar deposits.

And rinsed off with the pressure washer.

Lovely, tar free panel!!!

So, as this is a Tar and Glue Remover, it would be remiss of me not to test its effectiveness on glue. So I tackled one of those jobs which all of us detailing folk detest: NUMBER PLATE STICKY TAPE.
The test: 5 adhesive strips on the back of a number plate, 5 make up pads, soaked in RRC Tar and Glue Remover, each pad checked at 10 (ish) minute intervals, to see how long it takes to dissolve the glue. I’m not going to show you each and every pic here.
Starting point:-

After 10 mins

20 mins – getting better

30ish mins…

47 mins (missed the 10 minute alarm…..)

And after just under an hour, all was easily removed

Price

RR Customs Tar and Glue Remover is available from XVC Car Care at [url] https://www.xvccarcare.co.uk/tar-and-glue-remover-1l-89-p.asp [/url
The price is £8 for a 1 litre bottle.
Delivery is £3.50 for Royal Mail Standard (2-3 days) within the UK. Next Day Parcelforce 24hr Signed For delivery is £5.50.

Would I use it again?

Yes.
I was honestly very impressed at how quickly it started dissolving the tar on my wife’s car. The adhesive pads took a good bit longer, but I think we’ve all been there with either those or alloy wheel weight glue…. Soak a make-up pad, set it on top of the residue, and leave for an hour. You may have to top up the product periodically, but it worked really well, given enough time.

Conclusion

This is a genuinely effective product, which does exactly what I’d expect it to do. My only issue throughout the test was that the trigger spray gave up after about a dozen squirts. I changed this for one of my own solvent resistant triggers, and all was well. The other thing is that the bottle has quite significantly deformed, after having sat on the shelf for a couple of weeks.
I liked it and would happily use it again.
As always, thanks for taking the time to read.
Cooks

"Detailingworld™ reviewer has followed the Manufacturer’s Instructions and accepts no responsibility to any circumstances arising from any member using these products or following this test "
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Cookies For This Useful Post:
Andyblue (23-02-2019), dchapman88 (22-02-2019), Starbuck88 (22-02-2019)
Old 22-02-2019, 10:37 PM   #2
Starbuck88
OCD Sufferer (Obsessive Car Detailer)

Thanked 3,090 Times in 2,049 Posts
Garage
Great review Cooks! I must give this a try!
The Following User Says Thank You to Starbuck88 For This Useful Post:
Cookies (22-02-2019)
Old 22-02-2019, 11:53 PM   #3
Cookies

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Starbuck88 View Post
Great review Cooks! I must give this a try!

Thanks mate.

N

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Old 23-02-2019, 09:07 AM   #4
Andyblue
Distinguished Detailer

Thanked 3,677 Times in 3,023 Posts
Great review mate, definitely looks effective and as you say, started work immediately on the panel.

I’ve bought their tyre cleaner and find the trigger very good, but use it without the foamier section closed - not sure if this is the same head...
The Following User Says Thank You to Andyblue For This Useful Post:
Cookies (23-02-2019)
Old 23-02-2019, 11:10 AM   #5
Cookies

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andyblue View Post
Great review mate, definitely looks effective and as you say, started work immediately on the panel.

I’ve bought their tyre cleaner and find the trigger very good, but use it without the foamier section closed - not sure if this is the same head...
I think one of the seals just have up inside it, as there was no pressure at all in the trigger. I've loads of trigger heads, so no big issue.

Cooks

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
The Following User Says Thank You to Cookies For This Useful Post:
Andyblue (23-02-2019)