Detailing World  

Go Back   Detailing World > Manufacturers and Private Label Brands > Manufacturers and Private Label Brands > XVC Car Care
DW Home Forum Home Merchandise Store Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

XVC Car Care XclusV Custom Motors were born from passion and love to sports and exotic cars. We started our journey as a Vehicle Import Company and now we are supplying Prestige and Classic Vehicles to Customers around the UK and Europe. Due to a business growth, we are proud to launch our newest brand - ​​​​​​​XVC Car Care SuperStore In close partnership with RR Customs we are officially able to present to you a Premium Line of detailing products which are cheap and affordable to everyone!! Our mission is to make a car detailing more professional, accessible and cooler than ever !! We want to offer you a unique shopping experience in the world of car care. Please Join our Family and ‘Drive The Dream’!!

Old 20-02-2019, 10:03 AM   #1
WHIZZER
T-Cut King (admin)

Thanked 18,125 Times in 6,734 Posts
Garage
Detailingworld™ Review –XVC Customs Wheel Gel BY 91DAVIDW

Detailingworld™ Review – RR Customs Wheel Gel BY 91DAVIDW

Introduction

Thanks to xvc for putting up their Wheel Gel for testing and review.
RR Customs are a new company based in Poland branching out into the production of detailing products.

Link to the xvc website with details about the company https://rrcustoms.com/historia-marki

You can find their range of detailing products directly at https://rrcustoms.co.uk/en_GB/c/

Also XVC are new to DW and are distributing the RR Customs products at https://www.xvccarcare.co.uk/

What XVC say about Wheel Gel

XVC CAR WASH WHEEL GEL is a cleaning preparation for rims. The gel formula creates a sticky, thick, and dense layer. It perfectly removes road dirt, grime from the wheel, tire, and brake elements. The gel moisturizes the fibers of the cleaning brush so that the brushing or rubbing does not cause damage to the wheels or other car parts. Thanks to the neutral pH, the preparation can be used to clean any wheel finishing: painted, polished metals, chromed, anodized, powder-coated, with carbon fibers, or sealed with vinyl film. The wheel Gel changes color when in contact with dirt, which facilitates the control over the cleaning process.

Instructions of how to use:

Shake the bottle before application.
Spray the gel onto the wheels, tires, brakes, suspension elements.
In the case of hard-to-remove dirt, allow the gel to take effect onthe surface for several minutes.
To achieve a better effect, use special wheel brushes to precisely distribute the cleaning agent.
Rinse the wheels and tires with water (preferably under pressure or by using a garden hose).
Perfect finishing can be achieved by drying the wheels with a clean microfiber towel
Notes:

Keep in a dry and cool place at a temperature of 5 – 25 °C.
Do not leave for drying.
Before use, make sure that the surface to be cleaned is cool.

The Product

Wheel Gel comes in a range of sizes but here we have a nice white 1ltr bottle with RR Customs Logo in the middle and at the bottom what the product is for "RIMS CLEANING" on the left side there is an orange strip with the products name "WHEEL GEL". On the right side there is a small black strip with RR Customs contact info "website, support email and telephone no." at the top is what RR Customs say about Wheel Gel and the "How to use" intructions, below are all the safety information.
You might notice small spelling errors on the label, with the company based in Poland I think sometimes spelling gets lost in translation which I'm sure will be corrected in time.
I like the design of the bottle and I can imagine having all their range of products on a shelf all turned so the orange strip is facing out showing the products names.
I also like the fact that the bottle comes with a child proof lid on the bottle.

I didn't receive a trigger spray for the bottle so it's unknown if one is supplied upon purchasing.

Wheel Gel is more of a liquid then a gel and is clear in colour, the sniff test reveals a horrible smell that's the same as many fallout/iron removers.

The Method

Today we are testing Wheel Gel on the Ford Mustang Shadow Edition, hasn't been washed in 300 odd miles of winter driving, so the wheels have a mixture of road grime, salt and brake dust embedded.

It will be interesting to see this wheel cleaner in action, the fact it's described as changing colour when in contact with dirt but nowhere is it mentioned if it has any iron or fallout removal properties.

Normal trigger spray head fitted
With the Wheel Gel sprayed on the wheel, you can see the change of colour immediately turning purple.

I decided to leave the Wheel Gel working on the wheel for 5 minutes, you will notice the Wheel Gel really does cling to the wheel as there was very little run off onto the ground.

At this point I decided to simply blast the wheel with the powerhose to judge how good the Wheel Gel is for touchless wheel cleaning.

First impressions not very good as dirt still remains.

The rest of the wheels where cleaned but I used a brush to agitate the gel to give a more thorough cleaning.
I noticed on reapplying the Wheel Gel to the first wheel there was very little colour change even with the dirt that remained on the wheel but the brake disc did.

The finished results, very clean and shiny wheels and brakes.

Price

Wheel Gel is available in a range of different sizes to suit your needs.

Wheel Gel 1L £7.50
Wheel Gel 5L £35.50
Wheel Gel 10L £71.50
Wheel Gel 25L £160.00

Prices are plus postage.

https://www.xvccarcare.co.uk/wheels-and-tyres-24-c.asp

Delivery costs £3.50 with Royal Mail (2-3 days) and £5.50 with ParcelForce 24hr Next Day.

Free Delivery when you spend over £50 on any products.

Would I use this again ?

It all comes down to the million dollar question...

Would I buy RR Customs Wheel Gel with my own money ??

Answer is a simple Yes.

Conclusion

Even with the product failing the touchless wash test and the horrible smell !!
I like the packaging and more so the price and the product being neutral pH.
Given I used very little out of the 1 ltr bottle cleaning all 4 wheels, even with recleaning the 1st again.
There is very little product wastage meaning a 1 ltr bottle will last ages, making Wheel Gel a cost effective product to give wheels a deep clean.

"Detailingworld™ reviewer has followed the Manufacturers Instructions and accepts no responsibility to any circumstances arising from any member using these products or following this test"