Detailing World  

Go Back   Detailing World > Detailing Products > The Official DetailingWorld™ Review Section > Shampoo
DW Home Forum Home Merchandise Store Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 14-04-2018, 07:22 PM   #1
Hereisphilly
Dw Reviewer

Thanked 1,885 Times in 1,137 Posts
Detailingworld™ Review – Sam's Detailing Shampoo & Monster Wash Mitt

Detailingworld™ Review – Sam's Detailing Shampoo & Monster Wash Mitt
Introduction
Many thanks for Sam's Detailing for sending out their Shampoo and Wash Mitt for review. This came as part of a little 'wash kit' comprising of snow foam, wash mitt, shampoo and an air freshener, which I'll be reviewing separately

First impressions of the kit is that the branding is absolutely on point and exudes high quality from both the labelling and the packaging itself.

If you'd like to see more of the large range they stock and a bit of history on the company, you can do so at https://www.samsdetailing.co.uk/

The Product
The shampoo was supplied in a matte black bottle with matching black matte label. Very clear instructions and a very premium looking product, as per all the products in the range.

The shampoo itself was a dark green colour with a very faint hint of bubblegum which was quite nice

The wash mitt came in a sliver zip lock bag which isn't something I've ever seen before from a packaging perspective, but it didn't half look good

The mitt itself was absolutely massive, very soft and plush with a thick white elasticated cuff

The Manufacturer says:
Our super slick formula that is PH Neutral and safe for all waxes, sealants and ceramic coatings.

pH Neutral
Bubblegum Scented
Waterspot free rinse
Super slick
No wax or gloss additives, just pure shampoo.
Just one squirt in your wash bucket is all that is needed

Made from pure lambswool, our wash mitt will ensure you have one of the most safest washes for your paintwork. Just remember to have a large bucket!

The Method
Now I appreciate the simplicity angle that Sams are taking with the instructions, but I always like to see a dilution ratio for precise measuring of product, so when I was left without one I had to fend for myself

Taking into account my super hard water and the fact I would be using what looked like a very thirsty mitt, I decided to plump for 40ml of shampoo for 20l of water. Pouring it in and blasting with the PW yielded a bucket full of suds

I chucked the mitt in the rinse bucket and got this wet through first, before donning the mitt and dunking in the suds

Now I'm not normally a mitt person, so i found using this a little strange at first, but it was absolutely fine to use and glided over the panel very easily, the shampoo was extremely slick and no grab whatsoever

There was minimal sud transfer to the panel but in my experience this doesn't detract from the cleaning power and is typical in areas with hard water like mine

These pics were taken on another wash after I realised I hadn't taken any of the shampoo in action (whoops!!)

I was glad that the elasticated cuff was quite tight and thick, as the amount of water that the mitt holds is impressive, and with a weaker cuff the weight of the thing would want to fall off

Rinsing out was very easy and the long thin soft fibres seemed to let any dirt out, which highlighted how safe on paintwork this would be

The main thing i don't like with mitts in general is how difficult it is to turn them over, which doubles the time taken as you are constantly back and forth to the bucket, so I thought I would have a go using it as a mitt

What a surprise, this thing was great using it like that too, really deep pile so loads to grab on to, and the amount of water it held was nuts so it worked really well

Aided with the slick shampoo I got the car cleaned and rinsed in no time. Rinsing off was dead easy and the paint was left nice and squeaky clean, definitely no wax additives here

Price
As of writing, 500ml of shampoo is £9, with the monster wash mitt coming in at £11.50

Both can be found following the links below
https://www.samsdetailing.co.uk/product/shampoo/
https://www.samsdetailing.co.uk/prod...ter-wash-mitt/

Would I use it again?
Yes to both actually, I'm not a mitt fan so wouldn't the monster wash mitt as a mitt, but gripped like a pad it works great

The shampoo worked as a expected, it was a pleasurable experience, decent scents and cleaned / rinsed well

Conclusion
In a market dominated by very competent shampoos it can be quite difficult to stand out from the crowd, but I think the branding really is a cut above the norm, the black bottles and matte labelling really stands out. I cant knock the performance at all, so this is a very solid product and once that is well recieved

I appreciate the idiot proof instructions but I would have liked to seen a dilution ratio at the bottom for the more precise folk.
Without this it is quite hard to comment on how economical it is, but what I will say is 40m in 20l of water was completely fine, so this could be reduced a bit without issue. Even at this ratio, a wash would cost 72p which isn't bad going

Moving on to the wash mitt, I was pleasantly surprised by this, for the price of £11.50 this thing performs great and feel very similar under the hand to my usual wash pad costing twice the price.

The amount of water held is excellent and it glides across the panel with ease, and you know that the length of the pile will protect against inducing bad marring during the wash process

If a pad version of this could be sold with the same pile for a similar price then I think Sams detailing could really upset the market

"Detailingworld™ reviewer has followed the Manufacturers Instructions and accepts no responsibility to any circumstances arising from any member using these products or following this test "

Last edited by Hereisphilly; 14-04-2018 at 07:36 PM.
Hereisphilly is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Hereisphilly For This Useful Post:
66Rob (15-07-2018), Brian1612 (14-04-2018), dchapman88 (14-04-2018), todds (16-04-2018), tyson1989 (17-06-2018)
Old 14-04-2018, 07:33 PM   #2
dchapman88
Dw Reviewer

Thanked 1,371 Times in 958 Posts
Garage
Great review

Completely agree with what your saying about making a pad as well as a mitt
After seeing that review I'd be seriously interested in a pad version of the mitt
Looks great
dchapman88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-04-2018, 08:08 PM   #3
Hereisphilly
Dw Reviewer

Thanked 1,885 Times in 1,137 Posts
Thanks mate, yeah a pad version would be awesome, it's seriously good for the price

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
Hereisphilly is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Hereisphilly For This Useful Post:
dchapman88 (14-04-2018)