Detailing World Forum banner

First proper detail! - Part 3

3K views 4 replies 5 participants last post by  Stoner 
#1 ·
So it has been a while since the last part - I have been on holidays and the heatwave has been killing me, how's everyone coping I wonder?

But I have finally finished the car! Though unfortunately, the want to actually finish it off, I've had to be superbly vague with this part, however I will list out the gear I've used etc.

I did initially have a go at wet sanding another part of the bonnet, but it didn't react particularly well unlike the first part that I did - so I've toned down, and used carpro denim pad + Megs 105 compound to cut initially, using the megs MT320:

It seemed to have flattened the paint nicely but certainly doesn't correct, say!

ok so this is where I've skipped taking pictures - so I've used:

-Carpro velvet pad + CG VSS
-Rupes blue pad + blue compound
-Megs purple cutting pad + compound (not 105)
-Rupes yellow pad + yellow polish
-CG Green quantum pad + CG V38 polish

... then I was really losing the will to go on, however I saw a video on Instagram of kamikaze collection gear, and I had to have a go... so saved up my pocket money, got the wool pad + ichiban finish..

Worked it in using the Flex cordless DA, I thought I'd stop here...

Polishing done, I've then went on to tidy up the exhaust tips. Started to use 0000 grade wire wool + Peek metal polish on the outside, then used dremel + copper wire brush on the insides to remove stubborn marks and build ups:

After that I've applied Gtechniq CSL + Exo V3 all over, then Britemax obsidian on all the black trims. Also used carbon collective window coating, after claying + Panel wiping down.

It sat in the garage for a few days to cure, and then brought the car out, but dusty! So QD'd the car down with Feynlab detailer, with 600GSM microfibre and took the car out for some photo shooting....

That's another part done! Still need to do the interior and engine bay, so might post these too at some point. Now that I've driven the car out properly, it might be a while before I get round to it :driver:

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.