Detailing World  

Go Back   Detailing World > Manufacturers and Private Label Brands > Manufacturers and Private Label Brands > Kranzle
DW Home Forum Home Merchandise Store Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 25-01-2019, 10:29 AM   #341
MBRuss
OCD Sufferer (Obsessive Car Detailer)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kranzle View Post
I would strongly recommend removing the aquastop and having the free flow without restriction.
22 Lpm down to 11.2 is quite a drop. It would be worth trying a couple of things to reduce that restriction.
Maybe run the hose reel for everyday garden duties but have a separate straight hose not on a reel for the pressure washer.

If grit and dirt have got splashed into the shaft bracket then it can start to get rough and dig in. Gravel and grit get wedged into the plastic and turn it into a lathe just wearing out the aluminium shaft.

You could try unscrewing the plastic wedge and cleaning it out, rubbing with sandpaper and reassembling but it may need a new bracket and shaft is its that bad. Once they become stiff and difficult to use it’s a real pain.

MBRuss, which machine do you have? If there are no filings i would suggest taking it apart and cleaning, but it's possible the issue could be a worn seal on the swivel the other side where the water is. The 1152TST & 2160TST doesn't get effected by this because the swivel is on the hose. But if you have the 1150T or 1151T and other older models it could be the case.

William
Hi William, it's an 1152TST and isn't even a year old yet, so I doubt anything is worn yet.

I'll echo your thoughts on the dedicated PW hose though. I have a short piece just to go from the tap to the PW with no restrictions - works well. I also run the additional Kranzle water filter on the inlet, just in case.

Sent from my LYA-L09 using Tapatalk
MBRuss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-01-2019, 01:22 AM   #342
Buck

Thanked 1,109 Times in 928 Posts
Garage
I recently had my 10 year old K7/120 serviced by William at Kranzle.

He provided me with a competitive quote and helped me understand why I’d be better sending it for a service rather than DIY.

I’m really impressed with the care and attention to my machine - William even took the time to call me a couple of times to explain his findings, the work needed and my options.

I posted the washer to him on Tuesday this week and it was back with me on Friday! I had a quick test run before it got too dark and I’d get funny looks from the neighbours(!) and despite its age, the machine is running like new and I’m really pleased. Testament to the build quality and proves yet again that whilst the upfront cost is high, the value is excellent. Thank you.

10/10

Last edited by Buck; 26-01-2019 at 01:25 AM.
Buck is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Buck For This Useful Post:
Kranzle (28-01-2019), Summit Detailing (09-02-2019)
Old 26-01-2019, 08:07 PM   #343
bradley221985
Sponge Jockey

Took the shaft bracket off and it was full of filings from the shaft and the shaft was really rough. Cleaned out the bracket and rubbed the shaft smooth with some emery cloth. Can't really see how any dirt would of got in there as leave the pressure washer in the garage and pull the reel right out to clean the car. Can't see why the bracket needs to have grooves in it as if it was smooth there would be no room for dirt to get it. As for the hose pipe I have replaced the 12.5mm one for a 15mm over the same length and the flow has increased from 11.2 to 18 lpm.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20190126_123918.jpg (87.3 KB, 23 views)
bradley221985 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-01-2019, 12:02 PM   #344
Kranzle
Kranzle UK

Thanks for the review Buck, great to hear you were happy with the service provided.

Bradley those pictures and that description is exactly what i feared. Send me a PM with your address and I will get a new shaft and bracket sent out to you. They are too rough to be saved.

There is no bearing or anything like that, just a aluminium shaft in a plastic hole, the only thing that should be able to cause an issue is dirt ingress but it doesn't sound like that should have been possible.. I will send some new parts FOC and try your best to protect them from dirt but hopefully it was just a faulty component and wont happen again.

William
Kranzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2019, 09:09 PM   #345
wish wash

What's the rules on warranty. Say you buy a new kranzle but you misplace your receipt is the warranty still valid. If a issue arises do you send the machine straight to you or back to the person you bought it from.
wish wash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2019, 11:17 AM   #346
Kranzle
Kranzle UK

Quote:
Originally Posted by wish wash View Post
What's the rules on warranty. Say you buy a new kranzle but you misplace your receipt is the warranty still valid. If a issue arises do you send the machine straight to you or back to the person you bought it from.
For a servicing dealer to carry out warranty work we will need proof of purchase, so if you can’t find any of your paper work, you should contact the dealer who supplied the machine who should be able to find you on their system and reprint/email you a copy bill of sale.

If you also can’t remember who you purchased the machine from then you can contact us with your serial number. Using the serial number, we will be able to track when and where the machine was supplied.

If the machine was direct shipped from us to you on behalf of the dealer, we will be able to check exactly when that was and who the dealer was.

If the machine was supplied to you from the dealers stock then we will be able to see who that dealer was and when we supplied the machine. We can then contact the dealer and hopefully find the sale on their system searching your details.

If you didn’t give the dealer any details when you purchased the machine (just walked in and paid cash) then lost your receipt, you would have to either have to pay for the work to be carried out or return the machine to us at the UK H.Q.

Is this just theoretical or do you need some help with an issue?

You can send me a PM with your serial number and I can start looking into your case.

William
Kranzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-02-2019, 12:26 PM   #347
Bug Sponge
Washmitt Meister

Hi William,

Could you please advise which lances I can use with the starlet gun? Don't want to order the wrong one.

Cheers
Bug Sponge is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
kranzle