Detailing World  

Go Back   Detailing World > Gallery > The Showroom
DW Home Forum Home Merchandise Store Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

The Showroom Detailed something and want to show it off? Do it here... This is the place for you to show the world....

Old 13-12-2011, 10:17 PM   #1
princey2k5
Unwashed Member

Garage
My Subaru Impreza Turbo Terzo Project

Right im new to the whole detailing world so i will learn as i go along and im starting this thread so i can keep an eye on the progress and get ideas from you guys along the way.

Firstly, little bit of info on the car, its an impreza terzo which subaru released to celebrate a triple win by mcrae in Italy in 96, 97 and 98. Terzo is italian for 3 so they released 333 with this particular spec. Mine is no.3/333 which is the earliest one that remains as 1 and 2 have been confirmed dead. My car was also the actual car Subaru used for the press release and it has quite a bit of history.

Now i kept it standard with everything original even down to the mats however being a 13 year old car, things are starting to wear out and the bodywork is really showing some nasty signs of age so i have changed a few little things. I dont believe it has ever had the care it should have had so now is the time to start a project and get it back to looking mint.

I have always used bits of torn t-shirts and stuff to clean all the cars i have ever owned so yes advice will be needed.

I have now stopped taking cars to the kosovans to clean, im stocked up on autoglym and Meguires products & wrags/pads but have no idea what im doing with them.

Heres some pics of the car now and hopefully a couple of months down the line, it will look a lot better:

Now, ok it just looks like your average old school scooby here, but upon closer inspection, here is my nasty front end:

These arent dead bugs, their stone chips

Front Bumper

You know that thing that supposedly wiped the dinosaurs out?? Well i think that one landed on my bonnet. (Its about 8mm across)

So far, my alloys are booked in for a full refurb, dipped in acid and whatever else they do then powder coating in white as a lot of the standard Stickers on this car are white so i thought id go for it. I have had a quote on a respray on all the affected parts of the car but not sure wether to do that or send it to someone who can use their magic to wipe them out but i hear the paint on subarus is p!ss thin so probably just end up doing the respray jobbie.

Will be back soon with some photos of the lovely little close up scratches and swirls and see if you guys can inform me on what to do with them and what products would be best for getting them out. I ideally want to learn to do all this myself but i know this takes time and you do have to be very careful especially with these cars so advice welcome.

Peace out guys
princey2k5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-12-2011, 11:25 PM   #2
Th3Doctor
PC Perfectionist

Love these I would go for concours on a rare car like that. Gold wheels FTW!!
Th3Doctor is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Th3Doctor For This Useful Post:
princey2k5 (14-12-2011)
Old 13-12-2011, 11:30 PM   #3
grant motox
Washmitt Meister

Garage
My dad was one of the first in the country to get his at the time,always had a soft spot since.
grant motox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-12-2011, 11:53 PM   #4
princey2k5
Unwashed Member

Garage
I do have the original gold alloys sat in garage but i think 16s look silly on them. There too small. Yeah, they are the only ones in this colour too which is what made me have the soft spot. Its gunna be a long long road getting her how i want though me thinks
Old 14-12-2011, 07:21 AM   #5
thunderpantz
Washmitt Meister

Thought i'd seen this around Cannock, then looked at your location! Only up the road from me. Nice car buddy!
thunderpantz is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to thunderpantz For This Useful Post:
princey2k5 (14-12-2011)
Old 14-12-2011, 07:06 PM   #6
princey2k5
Unwashed Member

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderpantz View Post
Thought i'd seen this around Cannock, then looked at your location! Only up the road from me. Nice car buddy!
Yeah you probably have mate. In cannock pretty much every night. Cheers pal
Old 14-12-2011, 08:31 PM   #7
redfly16
Unwashed Member

lovin the scooby
redfly16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-12-2011, 08:36 PM   #8
kempe
OCD Sufferer (Obsessive Car Detailer)

Thanked 1,359 Times in 1,066 Posts
Garage
I do love a good scooby-doo
kempe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-12-2011, 09:05 PM   #9
Leopold
PC Perfectionist

Garage
Very nice, that's exactly what you call a scooby..
Leopold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-12-2011, 10:58 PM   #10
greenwagon
PC Perfectionist

Great example
Will watch this one with interest
I have had my greenwagon turbo from new and is nearly 12 years old and a little bit if bubbling on the rear arches which will need done next year apart from that no other rust although I want to clean the underneath and protected too
Engine bay is clean although I'm sure I can make it better
Think when I get the arches done I will get the bonnet resprayed along with front spolier all in one go to make a proper job

Four dents out of the doors and wheels refurbished so my budget will be 2k aprox which I know is madness on a car worth only that but I've had it for nearly 12 years and is a second weekend car
greenwagon is offline   Reply With Quote