Detailing World  

Go Back   Detailing World > Manufacturers and Private Label Brands > Manufacturers and Private Label Brands > Sam's Detailing
DW Home Forum Home Merchandise Store Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Sam's Detailing Ok. It all started when I got my first car, I started getting into detailing in a big way. I was confused and overwhelmed the range of products. I started to formulate some of my own blends of snow foam using a mixture of products that are already on the market. After a while, I decided to create my own range of products that are designed, tested, developed and marketed by me.Simplicity is our strength. I avoid using complicated terms that will confuse people. The products are designed to work effectively and be easy to use whether you are a seasoned professional or first time user.

Old 31-03-2019, 11:37 AM   #11
Brian1612
Distinguished Detailer

Thanked 4,405 Times in 2,818 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by cheekymonkey View Post
is there a reason why your barrels are not protected Brian.
No particular reason mate, I've never bothered protecting the barrels with any car I've had and the only protection I do put down on the faces are from spray sealants. Good to know it makes a difference to the ease of cleaning though

I may try out a wheel ceramic this summer to see how it performs.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
The Following User Says Thank You to Brian1612 For This Useful Post:
cheekymonkey (31-03-2019)
Old 31-03-2019, 11:39 AM   #12
Brian1612
Distinguished Detailer

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Perry- View Post
Excellent review. Cheers for the time an effort.

I'm curious, I watch a lot of AMMO NYC on Youtube and the guy always says never put APC on your tires as it can cause discolorisation and dried the rubber out??
Not something I've ever had an issue it. I even with the tyres down with IPA every 3-4 months to keep them spotless. People say it will dry them out and they are probably right but it isn't something that will occur at in the lifetime of my tyres.

Old 31-03-2019, 11:40 AM   #13
Brian1612
Distinguished Detailer

Quote:
Originally Posted by wish wash View Post
If it's ph neutral surely the cleaning capability would be on par with a ph neutral car shampoo.
Not all about ph levels wish wash. Remember most fallout removers are ph neutral as well and look how they perform on wheels.

Old 31-03-2019, 10:01 PM   #14
cheekymonkey
Distinguished Detailer

Thanked 2,393 Times in 1,766 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian1612 View Post
No particular reason mate, I've never bothered protecting the barrels with any car I've had and the only protection I do put down on the faces are from spray sealants. Good to know it makes a difference to the ease of cleaning though

I may try out a wheel ceramic this summer to see how it performs.

i have never seen the need for this sort of product, if protected normal shampoo is good enough, if no protection something stronger will be needed. just like your findings
The Following User Says Thank You to cheekymonkey For This Useful Post:
Brian1612 (31-03-2019)
Old 31-03-2019, 10:10 PM   #15
cheekymonkey
Distinguished Detailer

Thanked 2,393 Times in 1,766 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian1612 View Post
Not all about ph levels wish wash. Remember most fallout removers are ph neutral as well and look how they perform on wheels.

sometimes mate there is a difference, the active ingredient in fallout remover is actually an acid. It is suspended within a neutral substance. so not a true neutral.
Old 31-03-2019, 10:15 PM   #16
Brian1612
Distinguished Detailer

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheekymonkey View Post
sometimes mate there is a difference, the active ingredient in fallout remover is actually an acid. It is suspended within a neutral substance. so not a true neutral.
Yeah that is my point bud. There are chemicals out their that are ph neutral but also hazardous or even fatal to humans if they come into contact with or consume these.

The Following User Says Thank You to Brian1612 For This Useful Post:
cheekymonkey (31-03-2019)
Old 01-04-2019, 12:48 AM   #17
samsdetailing
DW Sponsor

Hi everyone!

We made wheel Soap to be used in conjunction with a wheel cleaner. My philosophy behind wheel soap was that when I detail an alloy, I always found there not be enough lather generated. I'm the type that likes lots of lather and lubricity when cleaning an alloy so I always struggled just spraying on wheel cleaner or a fallout remover and then working it with a brush. I generally found working times to be either short or it not being a nice experience. So I started incorporating a wheels bucket in my wash routine which had an extremely lathery soapy mixture. I would spray wheel cleaner on and then use the brushes soaked in my Wheel Soap to work the alloys deeply. I found having extra lather and suds increased working time and made it a more pleasant experience overall.

You could use Shampoo but I just fancied something a bit stronger and that generated more lather. Our Shampoo is extremely slick and produces less lather than Wheel Soap.

Can you detail your alloys without Wheel Soap? Of course! This is one of those products that you either like or just don't need, some folks like extra lather when detailing and some prefer it slightly "dryer" so you can see where you're working more intricately, I fall in the earlier camp!

We will need to revise our description to make it a bit clearer that Wheel Soap isn't a standalone product for sure though!
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to samsdetailing For This Useful Post:
Andyblue (01-04-2019), Brian1612 (01-04-2019), stonejedi (01-04-2019)
Old 01-04-2019, 08:17 AM   #18
Andyblue
Distinguished Detailer

Thanked 4,795 Times in 3,793 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by samsdetailing View Post
Hi everyone!

We made wheel Soap to be used in conjunction with a wheel cleaner. My philosophy behind wheel soap was that when I detail an alloy, I always found there not be enough lather generated. I'm the type that likes lots of lather and lubricity when cleaning an alloy so I always struggled just spraying on wheel cleaner or a fallout remover and then working it with a brush. I generally found working times to be either short or it not being a nice experience. So I started incorporating a wheels bucket in my wash routine which had an extremely lathery soapy mixture. I would spray wheel cleaner on and then use the brushes soaked in my Wheel Soap to work the alloys deeply. I found having extra lather and suds increased working time and made it a more pleasant experience overall.

You could use Shampoo but I just fancied something a bit stronger and that generated more lather. Our Shampoo is extremely slick and produces less lather than Wheel Soap.

Can you detail your alloys without Wheel Soap? Of course! This is one of those products that you either like or just don't need, some folks like extra lather when detailing and some prefer it slightly "dryer" so you can see where you're working more intricately, I fall in the earlier camp!

We will need to revise our description to make it a bit clearer that Wheel Soap isn't a standalone product for sure though!
Thanks for the info / update on the wheel shampoo and the reasons behind it, which was very interesting
Old 01-04-2019, 09:28 AM   #19
samsdetailing
DW Sponsor

No problem!

You can also see my general routine on detailing alloys below:

Old 01-04-2019, 10:13 AM   #20
Brian1612
Distinguished Detailer

Quote:
Originally Posted by samsdetailing View Post
Hi everyone!

Thank you for the input guys. I will be following up this review with the wheel cleaner and that will be used in conjunction with the wheel shampoo just as you have described

Tags
sams detailing, soap, wheel shampoo