Detailing World Forum banner

project MK1 Fiesta

35K views 130 replies 38 participants last post by  jim23496 
#1 ·
soooo then moving swiftly on from the blaze gti lookalike thing we have this new bad boy,

i picked it up today (after swapping the blaze for it) its a 1981 W reg MK1 fiesta L in a loverly blue colour :D (with brown dash and carpets i may add! ) it came with a fresh 6 months tax and mot untill next march :D
it also came sporting the xr2 arches and splitter with rear spoiler, and some rare 4 spoke wheels, similar to capri wheels but without the dish :)

ill let some piccys do the talking :D

and the bit that makes it a little more special :thumb:

underneath :D

boot floor, nice and solid :D

worst bit on the car

new boot needed i think :wall:

so overall bit of bodywork to do and a couple of mechanical jobs which includes fixing a slight missfire :) overall very happy with it though :D

See less See more
#21 ·
good lord! you swapped a 106 for this? that has to be the deal of the century haha! this is infinitely cooler than the blaze, and I liked the blaze lol.

I have a thing for retro cars, especially old fords, and this car in that colour with those rims is definitely floating my boat :thumb:

I reckon sack the stickers off that are on it, then keep it as it is, just mint it up as much as possible condition wise. getting rare these now, but what an absolute peach of a purchase :buffer:

#28 ·
good lord! you swapped a 106 for this? that has to be the deal of the century haha! this is infinitely cooler than the blaze, and I liked the blaze lol.

I have a thing for retro cars, especially old fords, and this car in that colour with those rims is definitely floating my boat :thumb:

lol i did love the blaze but when i go offered this i couldnt turn it down :D the colour is kind of growing on me so may keep it blue, whatever happens it needs a respray though :D

I reckon sack the stickers off that are on it, then keep it as it is, just mint it up as much as possible condition wise. getting rare these now, but what an absolute peach of a purchase :buffer:
thanks :), yeah them stickers are going soon, some previous owner additions lol i was saying to the previous owner the last time i ever saw one of these was when i was around 6 and my brother owned one in bright orange :D

my mate in college had one of these as his first car. it was a lovely tan beige colour with matching interior and burberry check seats before all the chavs started wearing it, 1997 was the year haha, and the steering wheel was wayyyyy off from the pedals which meant you had to sit on an angle
got to love it lol the angle you have to sit at will take some getting used to but all part of the fun :D

Hope you can get hold of some more door cards, those bloody holes ruin a potentially great car, "if" you don't **** it up by "chav'ing it" :rolleyes:

:D
the doorcards will be replaced as im not keen on the blue ones, some nice black ones would look good but hard to find without lairy holes in :( , and no chaving is going to happen to this one :)

I had a MK1... it was my first car at 17. Loved it. Sad to see it go. I'd love to get one and restore it.
they are great little cars :D this one needs light restoration :)

Sweet swap :thumb: Like it, my second and third cars were mk3's, the second of those with a (lean burn :mad:) 1.6 cvh motor.
I would get it back to a good standard mechanically and cosmetically, and while you do, scope some subtle mods to make it lightening quick, and ice cool! :driver:
thems is basically the plans :D

I like most of the mk1 cars from the 70's and 80's and I remember the one you have quite well (I'm old), maybe a OEM job on it would be nice because you very rarely see these about anymore. Whatever you do I will follow your thread with interest :thumb:
it will be more of a supersport/ xr2 replica when im done but still pretty standard, already has the arches and valences off an xr2 on there :D

#29 ·
Love the mk1 fiesta, was my first motor. Crazy how small they seem when you see one on the road these days.

I was at Loch Lomond shores last year and there was a mk1 owners meet happening while I was there.

Couldn't resist a few pics, there was a couple of owners that are members on here.

I'd go for a supersport rep mate, you already have the wheels and arches.

And this one gave me the biggest boner of the day. :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.