Detailing World  

Go Back   Detailing World > Lifestyle > The Insurance Zone
DW Home Forum Home Merchandise Store Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

The Insurance Zone Want to insure your ride but not sure of wheres best.. Well, put a post here and others should be able to help!

Old 12-06-2019, 06:36 PM   #1
gishy
Washmitt Meister

Garage
ins. renewal

hi, does,nt it just wind you up every time, got my car insurance reminder direct line£259 it,s gone up £ 40 ,so shopped around got it for £200 incl no claims protection.went online to stop auto renewal and guess what they knocked off the forty quid.I know it happens all the time but it really ****es me off ,if they wanted to provide the best customer service then why not give the best price first time round.if they had done that I would have probably just let it ride and they would,nt have lost a customer.
Rant over
thanks
gishy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2019, 06:39 PM   #2
The Cueball
The Devil's Advocate

Thanked 12,083 Times in 6,761 Posts
customer retention is a thing of the past for insurance companies, they are more interested in the yearly churn.

Old 12-06-2019, 06:59 PM   #3
macc70
Washmitt Meister

How strange Im with DL and increase is also £40 I usually shop around but the last 3 years DL have been the best for me Thanks for the "stop auto renewal" tip
macc70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2019, 07:19 PM   #4
fatdazza
OCD Sufferer (Obsessive Car Detailer)

Thanked 2,022 Times in 1,440 Posts
Have the same game every year. Renewal comes through with an increase, phone them and they “run through the details “ again and hey presto quote goes down to last years level. Not huge sums but worth a call for thirty or forty pounds
fatdazza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2019, 08:20 PM   #5
GP Punto
Orbital Oracle

Renewal came through from LV at just £2 more than last year. a neighbour had just had a Seat written off, his fault, and LV had been more than generous in the amount they paid him so I renewed quite happily without even shopping around this year.
GP Punto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2019, 08:26 PM   #6
macc70
Washmitt Meister

Quote:
Originally Posted by macc70 View Post
How strange Im with DL and increase is also £40 I usually shop around but the last 3 years DL have been the best for me Thanks for the "stop auto renewal" tip
EDIT. Well that went well NOT. DL decided to knock £10 off my 2019-2020 quote I cancelled straight away grabbed the phone and...
I am now with LV with a lower premium than last years DL premium Overall saving of £80 from 2019-2020 DL premium
£80 to spend on …………….
macc70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2019, 08:35 PM   #7
Hotchy
Sponge Jockey

If you are looking for a renewal my one tip is to avoid one call insurance.

Had a accident not my fault, youd think it would be straight forward, phoned them, ended up on the phone to commercial legal... claims management company.. then watermans lawyers took over... then easidrive took over and finished it all. Yes they dealt with the claim fast, was professional but it was confusing and more stressful than need be, then to change my car over the quote for the remaining 7 months was £202 including there "do it yourself online discount of £15"

My insurance costs 200 a year, I'd already paid that, suddenly for 7 more months they want that.

Just bought a full new policy with someone else. Just felt a complete mess, went with them as breakdown was a bargain.
Hotchy is offline   Reply With Quote