Detailing World  

Go Back   Detailing World > Detailing Products > Polish/Cleaners/Compounds/Glaze
DW Home Forum Home Merchandise Store Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Polish/Cleaners/Compounds/Glaze Discuss Polish/Cleaners/Compounds and Glaze here - Sponsored By g3pro

Old 18-06-2019, 10:34 AM   #1
-marius-
Unwashed Member

1 step polish/AIO

Looking for product recommendations for a 1 step polish or AIO (and pad recommendations for the product).
I have been "out of the game" for almost 8 years so all the new products are a bit overwhelming
After selling all my gear when I quit, I have started gathering gear again but I want to keep it "simple" not ending up with tons of stuff
I bought a Shinemate EX605 last week as it was on sale. Rotary not needed at the moment as I will just do my own cars this time and they are in good shape.

Starting to get old I want products that are easy to work with
Products that have caught my attention:
Angelwax AIO
HD Speed
Sonax EX 04-06

Pads that are interesting:
Rupes yellow foam
Rupes yellow wool
B&S Uro-Fiber pad
B&S Uro-Fiber finisher pad

My cars are a floret silver Audi(I guess relatively hard paint), a polar white Hyundai(medium-soft?) and a mountain grey Mercedes(no clue about the paint hardness). All are in good shape with just minor swirls.
-marius- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-06-2019, 12:21 PM   #2
bigchunk
Sponge Jockey

Not used any of the ones you have listed but my favorite is Carpro Essence, mainly because of the semi-permanent fillers, so corrects pretty well and does a very good job of filling what it cant, not to mention the over 6 months protection it claims.
Only thing is the protection does not have the best water angle, but i always put Sonax PNS on top anyway, as it only takes another 20 mins to cover the whole car afterwards.
The pads i used were Lake country Force polishing pads (white ones) on my Flex 3406, but you can also use a softer pad if the paint condition is good and apparently get more gloss that way. Cant say i have been disappointed in the gloss i have had so far with the polishing pad.
bigchunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-06-2019, 08:45 PM   #3
stangalang
king of the flexonian

Thanked 10,801 Times in 5,006 Posts
Garage
Angel wax enigma is great and I can recommend it. Not tried HD speed so couldn't rightly comment. ex04-06 is a great polish but isn't an all in one
stangalang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-06-2019, 10:31 PM   #4
GSVHammer
OCD Sufferer (Obsessive Car Detailer)

Garage
I've used HD Speed outside in the blazing sun. Tried to keep in the shaded side. Used with Vertool Forced Drive and Lake Country FD Orange. Results and pictures are HERE. Can't comment on durability as I topped with another wax.
I like HD Speed and will use again if I'm going to top with another wax. I may even try HD Cut and HD Polish. I got mine via Ebay as I don't think any of the main sponsors stock HD products in the UK.

I've also got a bottle of Sonax EX 04-06 to try but it's a one step polish (cut is dependant to the pad you choose) it has no protection with it. To be honest it doesn't take that long to go round with a wax or sealant.
GSVHammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-06-2019, 12:13 AM   #5
Steampunk

Thanked 1,973 Times in 901 Posts
Garage
I'm still in pursuit of my ideal AIO polish that doesn't need topping, but CarPro Essence as mentioned above is a nice nano glaze... Durable in filling, and very quickly and easily topped with something like CarPro Reload to improve its beading... On a long-throw machine, the Rupes Yellow pad should run smoothly, and provide a nice, light enhancement with this combo. For heavier work, some paints might tolerate heavier cutting pads.

AIO combos so depend upon the defects you're tackling...

Just a note: on long-throw, foam tends to finish better, and run smoother than fiber (Wool or microfiber)...

Hope this helps.

- Steampunk
Steampunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-06-2019, 01:06 AM   #6
Coachman
DW Supporter

Enigma AIO gets my vote all day long! Great product.
Coachman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-06-2019, 08:34 AM   #7
-marius-
Unwashed Member

Thanks for the answers so far.
I know the Sonax does not have any protection, so would need to top it with something. I guess the Sonax have a bit more bite than the AIO's so it might wok better on harder paints as well?

One of the things I like with HD/3D Speed is that it does not stain trim.
How about the Enigma AIO, does it stain trim?

Will look into the Carpro Essence

Nice work on that Transporter

What about pads? Lake country is not easy to get in Norway
Has anyone tried the pads I have listed with the products mentioned?
-marius- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-06-2019, 03:21 PM   #8
The Rover
Washmitt Meister

HD Speed can achieve pretty good results & is also very easy to wipe of.
This is a Jaguar XF with terrible paintwork that I did a couple of days ago.

I always add another wax on top for longer lasting protection.

The Rover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-06-2019, 07:58 AM   #9
Steampunk

Thanked 1,973 Times in 901 Posts
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by -marius- View Post
What about pads? Lake country is not easy to get in Norway
Has anyone tried the pads I have listed with the products mentioned?
Of the pads you mentioned, here are my brief reviews:

Rupes Yellow Foam - Basically the best long-throw foam standard polishing pad you can buy... Cuts and finishes amazingly well in the spectrum of its peers, but harder to keep clean than most, so on the softest of paints it will demonstrate some falloff of finishing performance. Otherwise, it's a solid gem.

Rupes Medium Yellow Wool - A pad I would only recommend on forced-rotation DA's, or 15-21mm machines (If you can withstand the kickback; this pad does tend to induce some machine wobble on long throw...)... The fibers are 15mm long, and tend to bunch just a little on 12mm or less machines. Otherwise, it's a nice pad; roughly equivalent to a microfiber finishing pad. Won't finish down on the softer paints, and needs compressed air to clean on free-rotating machines, but on harder paints with the right polish is theoretically a potent 1-stepper if pair with the right tool/cleaning solution.

B&S Uro-Fiber Cutting - I've not tried Rupes microfiber, but so far this is working for me better on long-throw than Lake Country or Meg's for heavy cutting... Some uncomfortable kick-back, just like fiber pads can on long-throw in many situations, but crazy bite with the right non-diminishing compound (Meg's #101, #110, or D300). Not a 1-stepper on all but the hardest paints. Doesn't finish quite as well as some other MF solutions.

B&S Uro-Fiber Polishing - Better finishing capabilities, though half or one whole step down in bite... Works great on 8mm machines, where it's almost 1-step with the right polish (Great pair with Optimum Polish II), even on softer paints... However, still a bit hamstrung on long-throw tools in regards to finish, whilst increasing the level of correction ability versus standard throw free-rotating DA's.

With the AIO polishes you list, I'd probably stick to the Rupes Yellow Foam, just to be on the safe side for attempting enhancement on anything less than hard paint...

With your machine, I'd actually look at the following pad/polish setup:

Rupes White Foam + Scholl S40 or CarPro Essence (For maximum gloss/softest paints)

Rupes Yellow + Rupes Keramik, Optimum Polish II, or an AIO polish/glaze (For enhancement detailing)

Rupes Green + Optimum Polish II or Rupes UHS Foam + UHS Compound (Awesome 1-stepper on all but the softest paints...)

B&S Uro-Fiber Cutting + Meg's D300, M110, or M101 ('Go Nuclear' combo for heavier defects... Especially M101)

Hope this helps...

- Steampunk
Steampunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-06-2019, 09:34 AM   #10
IanG

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by stangalang View Post
Angel wax enigma is great and I can recommend it.
Better than Carpro Essence?
IanG is offline   Reply With Quote