Detailing World  

Go Back   Detailing World > Manufacturers and Private Label Brands > Manufacturers and Private Label Brands > CarPro-Cquartz
DW Home Forum Home Merchandise Store Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

CarPro-Cquartz CarPro, a leader in the pro detailing market, was established in 2009 by people who love their cars. We wanted to make great car care products available to other enthusiasts. Our progressive vision and advanced technology brought coatings, such as CQuartz, to the market when it was still unknown to the Western Hemisphere. CarPro was the original creator of Nanotechnology car detailing products and continue to bring new professional car detailing products and fresh ideas to the masses. From interior coatings and cleaners to our most well-known ceramic paint coating, CQuartz, we have something for every car care need. Your car deserves the ultimate protection and we offer the products that deliver professional results.

Old 22-09-2019, 02:29 PM   #1
Fatboy40
PC Perfectionist

Adding EcH2O To Your Usual Shampoo?

Just wondering if there's any noticeable benefit from adding a shot of EcH2O into your usual bucket of shampoo?

I can see a potential benefit from the water softening, and maybe more lubrication, but will it actually be noticeable / have any genuine positive effect beyond the shampoo itself?

Also could it potentially have a negative effect on the volume of foam produced by the original shampoo? (or any other negative effects).

Thanks.

Edit 8/10/2019: A vaguely dry weekend to play around a little, and adding approx. 30ml of EcH2O to my usual 4.5 gallon bucket of shampoo / water (so if I ignore the shampoo present that's a ratio of around 1:600) almost totally killed off any foam from the shampoo. There was also no noticebale difference to the level of lubrication, however the next time I play around I'll try 100ml of EcH2O to hit the 1:200 for a rinseless wash.

Overall I don't think EcH2O will add much to my usual wash routine so I doubt I'll use it there again. However, I need to play around with it as a QD / drying aid compared to what I currently use.

I think it will best suit me at a very low dilution ratio, around 1:15 with demin water, as a waterless wash sprayed very liberally to get rid of the odd patch of dirt on my wife's car in between washes (it just goes around town, so the worst treatment it gets is hitting a muddy puddle).

Last edited by Fatboy40; 08-10-2019 at 12:46 PM.
Fatboy40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2019, 04:22 PM   #2
Fatboy40
PC Perfectionist

I've had my reply...

You’ve mostly answered your own question haha.
It would increase lubrication and a slight softening affect on the water but wouldn’t be a massive noticeable effect on the shampoos performance.

As long as your current shampoo is wax and gloss enhancer free I’d recommend just using that. Unless you feel it could use the additional lubrication.

Foam amount may be reduced slightly by echo2 but the foam isn’t necessary for cleaning or lubrication.

Kind regards
Craig.

... I'd spend all my money on CarPro products just to play around with them if I thought my wife wouldn't freak out

Last edited by Fatboy40; 01-10-2019 at 04:24 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to Fatboy40 For This Useful Post:
CarPro.UK (02-10-2019)
Old 02-10-2019, 10:13 AM   #3
CarPro.UK
Carpro UK

Thanked 1,500 Times in 842 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fatboy40 View Post
I've had my reply...

You’ve mostly answered your own question haha.
It would increase lubrication and a slight softening affect on the water but wouldn’t be a massive noticeable effect on the shampoos performance.

As long as your current shampoo is wax and gloss enhancer free I’d recommend just using that. Unless you feel it could use the additional lubrication.

Foam amount may be reduced slightly by echo2 but the foam isn’t necessary for cleaning or lubrication.

Kind regards
Craig.

... I'd spend all my money on CarPro products just to play around with them if I thought my wife wouldn't freak out
If it's easier we can arrange for your salary to be paid to us and we will just send a massive box of goodies every month
CarPro.UK is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to CarPro.UK For This Useful Post:
Fatboy40 (02-10-2019)
Old 02-10-2019, 12:11 PM   #4
CarPro.UK
Carpro UK

Thanked 1,500 Times in 842 Posts
Out of interest, what is your current shampoo?

I'd love to know what the scent is that you wish to keep using.
CarPro.UK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2019, 01:26 PM   #5
Fatboy40
PC Perfectionist

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarPro.UK View Post
Out of interest, what is your current shampoo?

I'd love to know what the scent is that you wish to keep using.
The shampoo is "Poorboys Super Slick & Suds", not exactly a cutting edge hi-tech product but I've got a real soft spot for it (I use it as my shampoo, it's quite slippery and with a few drops on my washpad I get loads of foam, and only lightly diluted as my lube for clay / when using 0000 wire wool on exhausts).

It's got a scent that to me reminds me of pipe smoke and oranges, so sends me back to being a little kid sat on my Granddads knee watching the wrestling on World of Sport in the late 70's (not a reference many will get outside of the UK and not over a certain age).

https://youtu.be/Js6W3aUf4Qg
The Following User Says Thank You to Fatboy40 For This Useful Post:
CarPro.UK (03-10-2019)