Detailing World  

Go Back   Detailing World > Detailing Products > Tools -Machine polishers, Pressure Washers, Detailing Equipment & Microfiber
DW Home Forum Home Merchandise Store Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Tools -Machine polishers, Pressure Washers, Detailing Equipment & Microfiber Sponsored by Detailed Clean : – 303 | 3M | Auto Finesse | Bilt Hamber | Blackfire | Black Mamba | Bouncer's | Britemax | California Scents | CarPro | Chemical Guys | Collinite | Crakalicious | Dakota Products | Dodo Juice | G3 Pro | Gtechniq | Koch Chemie | Lake Country | Meguiars | Menzerna | Muc-Off | Nanolex | OPT | Pinnacle | Poorboys World | Rupes | Sam's Detailing | Scholl Concepts | Soft99 | Sonax | Sonus | Stoner | Valet Pro | Victoria Wax | Wolfgang | Zaino | e-Gift Certificates | Trade Accounts | www.DetailedClean.co.uk

Old 19-11-2019, 12:46 PM   #1
RichB
Sponge Jockey

Scangrip Multimatch R or Gyeon Prism Plus

Hello all,

I am looking at getting either the Multimatch R or the Gyeon Prism Plus. There seems to be about £50 price difference. As far as I can tell Gyeon have taken the Multimatch R and added an option diffuser (good for softbox when applying ceramic coating) and also added the Bluetooth found on higher end Scangrip.

Other than that they seem to have exactly the same specification? Does anybody have experience of either product? Thanks.
RichB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-11-2019, 10:58 PM   #2
Kev.O
Washmitt Meister

I’ve been looking at these two options as well, I’m interested in knowing the answer to this as well.
Kev.O is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-11-2019, 11:56 PM   #3
The Guz
Sponge Jockey

They should be similar as Scangrip makes both versions. Gyeon partnered with them to make their version.

Flex did the same thing.
The Guz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-11-2019, 12:00 AM   #4
mikep83
Unwashed Member

Garage
I bought the scangrip a couple of months back and find it to be a really useful and versatile light - I often run it in the lower settings to use as a work light (the workshop lighting is a bit crap!!), then turn it up to check the paint finish. I bought the matchpen r at the same time and find them a very useful combo.

Judging by the write-up the Gyeon adds some handy bells and whistles to an already great light, though I think i likely would still have bought the scangrip had i had the choice at the time - I don't imagine I'll apply enough coatings to really find the value in the diffuser, and I'm generally non-plussed by the need for bluetooth on every device!!
mikep83 is offline   Reply With Quote