Detailing World  

Go Back   Detailing World > Detailing Products > Tools -Machine polishers, Pressure Washers, Detailing Equipment & Microfiber
DW Home Forum Home Merchandise Store Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Tools -Machine polishers, Pressure Washers, Detailing Equipment & Microfiber Sponsored by Detailed Clean : – 303 | 3M | Auto Finesse | Bilt Hamber | Blackfire | Black Mamba | Bouncer's | Britemax | California Scents | CarPro | Chemical Guys | Collinite | Crakalicious | Dakota Products | Dodo Juice | G3 Pro | Gtechniq | Koch Chemie | Lake Country | Meguiars | Menzerna | Muc-Off | Nanolex | OPT | Pinnacle | Poorboys World | Rupes | Sam's Detailing | Scholl Concepts | Soft99 | Sonax | Sonus | Stoner | Valet Pro | Victoria Wax | Wolfgang | Zaino | e-Gift Certificates | Trade Accounts | www.DetailedClean.co.uk

Old 14-12-2019, 05:55 PM   #1
Phil1971
Orbital Oracle

Garage
Nilfisk C120 - Two new faulty units....

Hi everyone...not been on here for a loooong time, but need your sage advice. I recently ordered a brand new Nilfisk C120 after my faithful Nilfisk unit expired. On first start up, the motor cranked up, but when I pulled the trigger, the motor/pump failed to start, just water flowing freely through the lance, but with no pressure. After lots of faffing about checking fuses, etc. I gave up and asked the retailer to collect it and to send a replacement. After checking it over, they agreed it was faulty and sent out a replacement, which has done exactly the same thing. I intend to send this back but don't want a repeat. Is there an issue with these units, a dodgy batch.....or am I doing something wrong ? I am loathed to use another make, as I may have to replace my extended hose and snow foam lance as the connections will no doubt be different. Any thoughts or advice. Cheers all.
Phil1971 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-12-2019, 06:18 PM   #2
Titanium Htail
OCD Sufferer (Obsessive Car Detailer)

Garage
Not that the extended hose should make and difference, did you try it in standard form. Most mains pressure is sufficient..the company themselves should know if a batch of addition parts were faulty, that is profit after all they have a vested interest in getting quality products to every customer. Someone on here will live near, try that machine.

Good luck.

I had a new Maf sensor fitted to my car which turned out to be faulty..

John Tht.
Titanium Htail is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Titanium Htail For This Useful Post:
Phil1971 (14-12-2019)
Old 14-12-2019, 06:43 PM   #3
Phil1971
Orbital Oracle

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Titanium Htail View Post
Not that the extended hose should make and difference, did you try it in standard form. Most mains pressure is sufficient..the company themselves should know if a batch of addition parts were faulty, that is profit after all they have a vested interest in getting quality products to every customer. Someone on here will live near, try that machine.

Good luck.

I had a new Maf sensor fitted to my car which turned out to be faulty..

John Tht.
Thanks John. I did try it with the standard hose first. Flushed it all through on mains pressure before turning on and pulling the trigger. The courier who picked up the first faulty one said he'd collected a few recently that needed to go back....
Old 14-12-2019, 07:24 PM   #4
Pembroke_Boy
Washmitt Meister

Sounds exactly what happened to my e series, twice..... They must know they have an ongoing issue with these units as they have just shipped me a new model. Give them a call I’d say. They’re pretty open to talk things through.
Pembroke_Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Pembroke_Boy For This Useful Post:
Phil1971 (14-12-2019)
Old 14-12-2019, 07:47 PM   #5
Phil1971
Orbital Oracle

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pembroke_Boy View Post
Sounds exactly what happened to my e series, twice..... They must know they have an ongoing issue with these units as they have just shipped me a new model. Give them a call I’d say. They’re pretty open to talk things through.
I will be calling the retailer first thing Monday. What's annoying is I probably wont get a replacement before Xmas. From ordering the first one, discovering it had a fault, returning it, waiting for them to verify its faulty, then waiting for a replacement has already taken a month. Wont be buying another online. Too much faff. If I had bought it in a shop, I could have taken it straight back and got it sorted. Lesson learnt. Just not sure whether to persevere with Nilfisk or try something else that my accessories will hopefully fit....
Old 14-12-2019, 08:00 PM   #6
Andyblue
Distinguished Detailer

Thanked 3,953 Times in 3,199 Posts
Obviously as you are doing, controls the them and arrange for a replacement, if they’ve been good with you - perhaps discuss your concerns and see if you can upgrade the machine with them for a small discount / good will gesture ?

If it’s been difficult to deal with them, perhaps get a refund and buy from somewhere else ?
Andyblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-12-2019, 09:18 AM   #7
bruce900
Unwashed Member

Get a Karker K4 in a different league, i had 3 c120 from Amazon all had same jammed valve issue, always sworn by Nilfisk but the cheaper end, avoid.

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk
bruce900 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-12-2019, 09:20 AM   #8
bruce900
Unwashed Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bruce900 View Post
Get a Karcher K4 in a different league, i had 3 c120 from Amazon all had same jammed valve issue, always sworn by Nilfisk but the cheaper end, avoid.

bruce900 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-12-2019, 10:32 AM   #9
Andyblue
Distinguished Detailer

Thanked 3,953 Times in 3,199 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil1971 View Post
Hi everyone...not been on here for a loooong time, but need your sage advice. I recently ordered a brand new Nilfisk C120 after my faithful Nilfisk unit expired. On first start up, the motor cranked up, but when I pulled the trigger, the motor/pump failed to start, just water flowing freely through the lance, but with no pressure. After lots of faffing about checking fuses, etc. I gave up and asked the retailer to collect it and to send a replacement. After checking it over, they agreed it was faulty and sent out a replacement, which has done exactly the same thing. I intend to send this back but don't want a repeat. Is there an issue with these units, a dodgy batch.....or am I doing something wrong ? I am loathed to use another make, as I may have to replace my extended hose and snow foam lance as the connections will no doubt be different. Any thoughts or advice. Cheers all.

Any update ???
Andyblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-12-2019, 10:03 AM   #10
Chris Donaldson
OCD Sufferer (Obsessive Car Detailer)

I’m sure that you’d be able to get an adapter to change your connector from a Nilfisk to another brand should you change so you could keep your hose.
Chris Donaldson is offline   Reply With Quote