Detailing World  

Go Back   Detailing World > General Off Topic > Off Topic Chat
DW Home Forum Home Merchandise Store Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 14-12-2019, 11:19 PM   #61
Kerr
Distinguished Detailer

Thanked 7,443 Times in 4,688 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by possul View Post
I've had no arguments or discrepancies with anyone over Brexit and elections
Because I respect peoples decisions as to why the feel that way.
Debate and discussion is good. I don't understand why DW hasn't allowed discussion.

I don't agree with many people's opinions, but I respect the people who take time to form an opinion.

I haven't fallen out with anyone that has different views than me. They are entitled to be wrong.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Kerr For This Useful Post:
kh904 (15-12-2019), possul (15-12-2019)
Old 14-12-2019, 11:41 PM   #62
wayne451
OCD Sufferer (Obsessive Car Detailer)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kerr View Post
I haven't fallen out with anyone that has different views than me. They are entitled to be wrong.
Love it. My sort of ‘baiting’ humour!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to wayne451 For This Useful Post:
Cole_E91 (15-12-2019), Kerr (14-12-2019)
Old 15-12-2019, 08:38 AM   #63
Chris Dyson
PC Perfectionist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darlofan View Post
Exactly this, too many overpaid execs/managers out to look after themselves and it's the employees/porters/nurses etc that suffer the most.

On the flip side I've worked on contracts over last 13yrs in both private and public owned sites. When financial crash happened 10yrs ago I saw overnight the effect on privately owned businesses. They reacted (sometimes wrongly/knee jerk) immediately with job losses, hours cut, contracts changed etc etc.

In the public sites it took almost 5yrs for them to react like this. During that time all I heard from the employees there was comments about how great it was, jobs were guaranteed, pensions were fantastic and they were onto such a winner. 1site had 9 managers at that time, it's now in private hands, has 3managers and turns a healthy profit.
There may be some elements of truth in these negative posts but it must be remembered that the NHS is not and should not be about profit. It is about service. I accept that there are areas where there is huge room for improvement but I spent some time in hospital earlier this year and I have nothing but praise for the very hard working nursing, caring and medical staff. Even the food was pretty good! I know some people have had poor experiences but for anyone just having a pop at the system I would say, don't knock it until you have tried it.
The Following User Says Thank You to Chris Dyson For This Useful Post:
NiallSD (15-12-2019)
Old 15-12-2019, 10:15 AM   #64
baxlin
Orbital Oracle

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kerr View Post
Brian Clough lives!!😁
The Following User Says Thank You to baxlin For This Useful Post:
spursfan (15-12-2019)
Old 15-12-2019, 01:53 PM   #65
andy665

Thanked 4,388 Times in 2,443 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darlofan View Post
Exactly this, too many overpaid execs/managers out to look after themselves and it's the employees/porters/nurses etc that suffer the most.

On the flip side I've worked on contracts over last 13yrs in both private and public owned sites. When financial crash happened 10yrs ago I saw overnight the effect on privately owned businesses. They reacted (sometimes wrongly/knee jerk) immediately with job losses, hours cut, contracts changed etc etc.

In the public sites it took almost 5yrs for them to react like this. During that time all I heard from the employees there was comments about how great it was, jobs were guaranteed, pensions were fantastic and they were onto such a winner. 1site had 9 managers at that time, it's now in private hands, has 3managers and turns a healthy profit.
There is plenty of money in the NHS, its the management and distribution of that money that is the problem.

Labour giving GPs massive pay rises was stupid and irresponsible beyond belief. I know a number of GPs, they are all extremely comfortably off, see very few of them working weekends or evenings -in my opinion they have one of the easier jobs in the NHS and do not deserve the inflated salaries many of them receive

The waste is shocking and caused by poor management who are not accountable. A good friend of mine was a supplier of latex disposable gloves to the NHS, they wanted him to reduce prices - he agreed and told them that the quality of the items would be lower, he now makes more money from the contract as whilst the per unit price is lower they are consuming many more because of the reduction in quality

My OH is waiting for a joint replacement, she has made it clear which hospital she prefers but the NHS insist she still has to go through appointments with the default consultant and hospital whilst at the same time having appointments with the consultant at her preferred hospital - the number of duplicate letters she is receiving is incredible - unbelievable waste of time and resource

My OH worked in the NHS and left because she was sickened at the waste of money she was seeing on a daily basis - the final straw was when she had told to order a new laptop for herself, she said she did not need or want one but was told they had to get rid of a load of money before year end

There are many tens of thousands of dedicated clinicians in the NHS, they are sadly matched by tens of thousands of overpaid, unaccountable non-productive staff who soak up massive amounts of money - it has to be stopped, the answer is not to keep throwing the money at it
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to andy665 For This Useful Post:
-Kev- (15-12-2019), baxlin (15-12-2019), blademansw (17-12-2019), Darlofan (15-12-2019), RS3 (15-12-2019), shycho (15-12-2019)
Old 15-12-2019, 04:36 PM   #66
Andy from Sandy

Quote:
the final straw was when she had told to order a new laptop for herself, she said she did not need or want one but was told they had to get rid of a load of money before year end
This is very common in many companies. It shows very poor budgeting through out the year to use the money apportioned and available but also perhaps that for the current year they didn't need to spend the available money. The bean counters take it as an indicator that the budget for the following year can be lowered. Of course this then causes problems when the department actually needs to make some major purchases.

Bean counters have basically f'ed up many organisations with stupid practices. Of course they will have none of it and think they are all wonderful. It all revolves around departments being profit centres and autonomous, things that should not be happening in the NHS.

Last edited by Andy from Sandy; 15-12-2019 at 04:44 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to Andy from Sandy For This Useful Post:
Darlofan (15-12-2019)
Old 15-12-2019, 09:19 PM   #67
Darlofan

Thanked 1,242 Times in 811 Posts
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by andy665 View Post
There is plenty of money in the NHS, its the management and distribution of that money that is the problem.

Labour giving GPs massive pay rises was stupid and irresponsible beyond belief. I know a number of GPs, they are all extremely comfortably off, see very few of them working weekends or evenings -in my opinion they have one of the easier jobs in the NHS and do not deserve the inflated salaries many of them receive

The waste is shocking and caused by poor management who are not accountable. A good friend of mine was a supplier of latex disposable gloves to the NHS, they wanted him to reduce prices - he agreed and told them that the quality of the items would be lower, he now makes more money from the contract as whilst the per unit price is lower they are consuming many more because of the reduction in quality

My OH is waiting for a joint replacement, she has made it clear which hospital she prefers but the NHS insist she still has to go through appointments with the default consultant and hospital whilst at the same time having appointments with the consultant at her preferred hospital - the number of duplicate letters she is receiving is incredible - unbelievable waste of time and resource

My OH worked in the NHS and left because she was sickened at the waste of money she was seeing on a daily basis - the final straw was when she had told to order a new laptop for herself, she said she did not need or want one but was told they had to get rid of a load of money before year end

There are many tens of thousands of dedicated clinicians in the NHS, they are sadly matched by tens of thousands of overpaid, unaccountable non-productive staff who soak up massive amounts of money - it has to be stopped, the answer is not to keep throwing the money at it
Duplicate letters just reminded me of wife's experience. She sees a consultant every 6mths, next appointment is made while she's in hospital at her current appointment. She will then get a letter a few days later telling her about the appointment!! 9times out of 10 she then gets a letter asking her to ring the hospital. She'll ring to be told the appointment has been cancelled and a new one will need to be made. Then she'll get 2 letters, 1 cancelling the first appointment and another confirming new appointment.
So 4 letters in total where only 1 would be needed or a text could be sent instead.
Old 15-12-2019, 09:29 PM   #68
Kerr
Distinguished Detailer

Thanked 7,443 Times in 4,688 Posts
On the subject of reminders Aberdeen Royal Infirmary put out figures every week for missed appointments. It's usually over 500 people per week who fail to turn up for scheduled appointments.

Obviously duplicate letters sound like a waste of money, but sadly too many people need reminded time and time again.

I'm sure duplicate letters cost much less and reduce the knock on effect of a few missed appointments.
Old 15-12-2019, 09:35 PM   #69
Naddy37
Distinguished Detailer

Thanked 2,409 Times in 1,708 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by andy665 View Post

Doesn’t surprise me at all. Back when I worked for the NHS the department went thru a major cost cutting period. Our department had the biggest budget & we spent the most!

We needed a new printer, not massively expensive, but of course we had to go thru NHS Supplies to order it. We found it cheaper thru a standard IT supplier. It was like 100% cheaper, the cost saving was ridiculous.

“Gotta order it thru NHS Supplies”
“Errr, but it’s gonna cost £50 just to raise the order”

Got it cheaper from a standard supplier in the end, although we weren’t overly popular from supplies management, even thou we saved the department money!!
Old 15-12-2019, 11:43 PM   #70
brian245
Washmitt Meister

Quote:
Originally Posted by wayne451 View Post
At least Swinson got outed. Can’t stand her. Utter muppet that looks like she could floss her front teeth with a bike chain.

Corbyn out soon.

Just need that Sturgeon to STFU and it’d be a full house. No point in listening to anything she says. You could have your TV on mute and you could guarantee she’d be saying ‘Waaaa, it’s not fair, I want a second referendum’. Boring, boring vile little rat.
A point that ghastly Scots wench ignores in renewing her referendum cries is that only ABOUT 25% of registered voters actually voted for the SNP
Closed Thread