Detailing World  

Go Back   Detailing World > Gallery > The Showroom > Projects and Restorations
DW Home Forum Home Merchandise Store Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Projects and Restorations Building a car from scratch, restoring your pride and joy, building a track car, or starting a long term project? This is your place to document it.

Old 16-01-2020, 01:42 PM   #21
Cole_E91
OCD Sufferer (Obsessive Car Detailer)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arvi View Post
Nice car! I had a E90 based Alpina D3 for 7 years which I sold a few months ago.Still miss it.

I had the performance grill and BMW Blackline taillights which really finished off the car nicely and subtly. Could have sold you a load of bits but they have all gone now!

I part exchanged it and see the car is still for sale:

https://www.autotrader.co.uk/classif...ake=BMW&page=1
That Alpina is gorgeous, saw that a couple of weeks ago as I'd love a 330/335i. But then the Alpina itch needs scratching, just a shame the steering wheel would have to be changed for an M-Sport one as I don't like the standard one.

I really want some Black Line rears too, but they're proving difficult to find. That would be my next change if I come across a pair and then painting the rear diffuser black - back complete!
Cole_E91 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Cole_E91 For This Useful Post:
Arvi (21-01-2020)
Old 21-01-2020, 04:40 PM   #22
Cole_E91

So, figured I'd bring the wifes car to work today in the hope I can possibly get it valeted later on when my shift finishes. Our HID kit turned up for the car this afternoon as well so I've fitted one side, waiting to be able to do the other one soon...

However, the E90 is a bit broken at the mo... still running a bit ropey so need to investigate that.
Old 25-01-2020, 02:37 PM   #23
Cole_E91

After some arguing with the cars headlights and finally forcing them to work I figured I'd treat the car to a clean and re-seal this morning.

I just love how this car comes out after a clean, even though I've highlighted some small dents that need sorting in the next few weeks.

Old 31-01-2020, 04:05 PM   #24
Cole_E91

UPDATE!

So, a lovely £174 bill for the thermostat because the warranty is void (long story through no fault of my own).

However, the car now drives absolutely fantastic! Fallen in love with it all over again.
Old 03-02-2020, 04:47 PM   #25
Cole_E91

So, after much deliberation and conversations with the wife and seeing how much money has gone in to this car in recent weeks, I have decided to sell the car.

I put the listing up last night at half 6 and today at 3pm the car has sold for pretty much the asking price!!

Going to be so sad to see the car go however it is something that needed doing before it turned in to a money pit. It may not do but I just can't afford the worry!

I'll be back on here with another thread for the E91.