Detailing World Forum banner

Polar Blast....

45K views 68 replies 39 participants last post by  Sawel 
#1 ·
Snowfoam anyone used this yet ?

#6 · (Edited)
yes i have used it
http://www.detailingworld.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=401456&page=2
only trouble is it stays on the ground for hours after! but other than that a good foam :)

taken from autoglym site...

Before you start, check that the bodywork and wheels are cool to the touch and out of direct sunlight.

Polar Blast can be used at various dilutions depending on the density of foam desired. A good starting point is 100ml product to 500ml water in your foaming bottle. Adjust foam gun settings as required to increase or reduce foam.

Spray Polar Blast onto the vehicle, starting at the bottom, ensuring all exterior surfaces are covered, including glass and wheels.

Leave Polar Blast time to dwell and loosen dirt for up to 10 minutes, although do not allow it dry on.

Finally, rinse thoroughly from the bottom up.

#13 ·
interesting that it's £16 for 2.5l, BH (arguably the best on market) is £16-18 for 5l.

AG do not seem to have found the right price point on this one, not tried it as yet, so when I do it will be good to see if it compares to BH in cleaning capabilities, but would need to go some to offer the same VFM.

#16 · (Edited)
From here https://www.autoglym.com/polar-blast

"What is the recommended Dilution rate for Polar Blast?

This really is dependent on several factors including the level of foam you would like to achieve, the settings of your pressure washer and the hardness of water in your area.

In summary the product has been developed to work neat through to 1part Polar Blast to 10 parts water. We have been very happy with the product performance diluted at 1:5.

Pre dilute to make approx. ½ litre of diluted solution and fill the bottle of your foam gun."

They don't cover what concentration it should be on the panel though, so depending on your pressure washer that 20% solution in the bottle could end up varying considerably. In mine it would be about 2% on the panel, which would coincidentally be approx half the concentration suggested for my usual foam. If cleaning was comparable at that dilution, it would make it similar value for money.

#22 ·
Polar Blast is by far the thickest foam I have used so far.
It's literally like shaving foam.
Dwell time and cleaning ability is fantastic! The second picture is after about 6 minutes dwell time. The only negative is that it is so thick it don't go away! It's still all over the floor an hour later!

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

#30 ·
I’ve used Polar Blast for the first time this weekend and I’m massivley impressed. I used 100ml with 500ml of water. The cling time was impressive but I know that’s not the ultimate aim, it gave me enough time to prepare my buckets and other products. I rinsed it off after about ten minutes and found very little muck left behind. I’d go as far as saying it’s the best foam pre wash I have used. As others have said, it did hang around on the drive for a while, I always drain the hose anyway so after stopping the flow of water into the hose, I used the remaining water in the PW to rinse the drive which got rid of the foam 👍🏻

AJ

#39 ·
Can you advise approx what dilution folks should be aiming for on the car to get best cleaning results? Power washers differ so widely in performance that only specifying the dilution in the bottle can lead to very considerable variation in what lands on the car. Also, how much does hardness of water affect things (or not)?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.