Detailing World Forum banner

Citrus Pre Wash

6K views 5 replies 3 participants last post by  AndyQash 
#1 ·
I have a 5/6 year old 5L bottle of Citrus Pre Wash in the garage and was wondering if it will still be usable after such a prolonged period of time?

Also, if it is still usable, will a 1/10 or 1/20 dilution rate be OK for removing bird dropping from ceramic coated paint?

Thanks

Andy...:thumb:

#5 ·
Hello Andy.

We will look into us not replying to you. Could you let me know how you made contact with us so I can check these channels?

Rule of thumb for chemicals is 12 month in an unopened bottle. The reality is product will last longer. If you have pre-diluted then maybe not. As this reduces the preservatives.

Personally, I would judge it by the look/smell of the product. If it looks like it has separated or cloudy then don't use it. If you local we can do some test on the product to make sure its all ok. We are in Newhaven.

Citrus Pre wash will work on cleaning ceramic coatings. But pH neutral products are better, So I would recommend our snow foams. Foamula1, Advanced Neutral Snow Foam or pH Neutral Snow foam as better products for your requirements.

#6 ·
Thanks for the reply, Greg...the initial contact was through this page, the next was through the Contact section on your website and my final attempt was via direct e-mail, but after three failed attempts I didn't bother to try and call.

The product looks and smells just like it did when I first bought it 5 years ago, but if you are advising 12 months for an unopened bottle then I don't think I'm going to risk using a 5 year old product on an expensive ceramic coating.

Also, thanks for the offer to test it for me, that is appreciated, but Newhaven is just too far to travel, the fuel alone would be more than the price of a brand new 5L bottle of Citrus Pre Wash.

Thanks for the help and advice.

Andy...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.