Detailing World  

Go Back   Detailing World > Technical > Help..!
DW Home Forum Home Merchandise Store Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Help..! Questions relating to products and how to use them.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 29-10-2018, 08:47 PM   #1
AS_BO
OCD Sufferer (Obsessive Car Detailer)
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 1,182
Thanks: 645
Thanked 568 Times in 441 Posts
Karcher foam adapter leaking

Pictured as so. Itís leaking everywhere, already had my lance to bits but no joy.



Iíve searched on eBay but canít seem to find one with the thread (1/4Ē I think) to fit it to the brass body of the lance.

Can anyone link me up?

Thanks

Matty
AS_BO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-10-2018, 09:09 PM   #2
Andyblue
Distinguished Detailer
 
Andyblue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2017
Location: Not where I should be :)
Posts: 6,871
Thanks: 2,800
Thanked 3,674 Times in 3,020 Posts
Where is it leaking from ?

Have you tried ptfe tape round the brass connections ?
Andyblue is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Andyblue For This Useful Post:
AS_BO (29-10-2018)
Old 29-10-2018, 09:52 PM   #3
packard
OCD Sufferer (Obsessive Car Detailer)
 
packard's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Norfolk
Posts: 2,104
Thanks: 473
Thanked 615 Times in 576 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andyblue View Post
Where is it leaking from ?

Have you tried ptfe tape round the brass connections ?

Snap, and use loads
packard is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to packard For This Useful Post:
AS_BO (29-10-2018)
Old 29-10-2018, 10:00 PM   #4
AS_BO
OCD Sufferer (Obsessive Car Detailer)
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 1,182
Thanks: 645
Thanked 568 Times in 441 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andyblue View Post
Where is it leaking from ?

Have you tried ptfe tape round the brass connections ?


It is leaking from the gun and the connection, not the brass fitting. So it spurts out of the bayonet fitting in the gun. Itís got PTFE on the threads, I re did it when I had it to bits. Apparently there is an internal seal between the plastic bayonet and the thread that inserts into the brass body that is knackered but I canít separate it
AS_BO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-10-2018, 10:04 PM   #5
Andyblue
Distinguished Detailer
 
Andyblue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2017
Location: Not where I should be :)
Posts: 6,871
Thanks: 2,800
Thanked 3,674 Times in 3,020 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by AS_BO View Post
It is leaking from the gun and the connection, not the brass fitting. So it spurts out of the bayonet fitting in the gun. Itís got PTFE on the threads, I re did it when I had it to bits. Apparently there is an internal seal between the plastic bayonet and the thread that inserts into the brass body that is knackered but I canít separate it

Aah, thatís no good then, hope you manage to sort one : thumb:
Andyblue is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Andyblue For This Useful Post:
AS_BO (30-10-2018)
Old 30-10-2018, 02:45 AM   #6
SadlyDistracted
PC Perfectionist
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Lancashire/Cumbria border
Posts: 364
Thanks: 55
Thanked 103 Times in 90 Posts
Garage
I had a similar problem wit hthe connector leaking at the lance, and replacing the Karcher's o-ring fixed the leak for me.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

The o-ring sits under the plastic retainer (yellow 'plugs')
When I bought then they were only ~£3, may be worth shopping around now.
SadlyDistracted is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to SadlyDistracted For This Useful Post:
AS_BO (30-10-2018)
Old 30-10-2018, 08:14 AM   #7
AS_BO
OCD Sufferer (Obsessive Car Detailer)
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 1,182
Thanks: 645
Thanked 568 Times in 441 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SadlyDistracted View Post
I had a similar problem wit hthe connector leaking at the lance, and replacing the Karcher's o-ring fixed the leak for me.



https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/...?ie=UTF8&psc=1



The o-ring sits under the plastic retainer (yellow 'plugs')

When I bought then they were only ~£3, may be worth shopping around now.


Spot on that, Iíll get a look at my lance when I get home and see whatís what
AS_BO is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 04:33 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
DTO Garage vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.

vB.Sponsors
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
DTO Garage vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.

vB.Sponsors