Detailing World  

Go Back   Detailing World > General Off Topic > Off Topic Chat
DW Home Forum Home Merchandise Store Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 27-10-2019, 09:15 PM   #11
wayne451
OCD Sufferer (Obsessive Car Detailer)

If she’s still cowering in the corner with a black eye then I think she’s got a point?
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to wayne451 For This Useful Post:
Commander2874 (28-10-2019), Cookeh (28-10-2019), simonharris (31-10-2019), stealthwolf (28-10-2019)
Old 27-10-2019, 09:16 PM   #12
fatdazza

Thanked 2,040 Times in 1,453 Posts
I think you are a model of calm.

If someone deliberately hit my shins with their car, then the damage would not polish out
Old 27-10-2019, 09:31 PM   #13
BrummyPete

I can be quite vocal which the other half does find annoying but I can't help it, what you did in my eyes was quite calm I generally put my foot in it although being a 21 stone skinhead does have its advantages

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk
Old 27-10-2019, 09:40 PM   #14
Mad Ad

Thanked 1,454 Times in 1,018 Posts
This is pretty normal here in Birmingham and if you don’t stand your ground then you get walked over every time.

The girl on the phone I wouldn’t bother about as long as they was doing what they are supposed too then that is fine.

The air and water yes I would have done the same, you are waiting your turn like everyone should so why should someone come along and skip the queue.

Last edited by Mad Ad; 27-10-2019 at 09:42 PM.
Old 27-10-2019, 11:31 PM   #15
wayne451

The phone thing was, for me, a bit pathetic.

The one over the queue I’m completely behind you on.

I’m a short tempered **** at the best of times.

The ‘latest’ was putting petrol in at Sainsbury’s in Hazel Grove, some utter fragile rock gets out of his 15 year old Mini to fuel his car whilst leaving his stereo blazing out. This guy must have been at least mid 40’s? After I finished fueling, as he was behind me I looked at him and shouted ‘What an ignorant tw#t’. I got a ‘what?’ reply so I pointed out that he should act his age and his system is probably worth more than his car.

I also had one during the bad snow about 8/9 years ago. Traffic was virtually grid-locked and as the filter for my lane turning right some tosspot decided they were going through a red light. I MEGA, lost my sh*t, I was driving my Mothers car with her in it at the time. I went through the lights and was in that much of a hurry to get out that I stalled the car. Ran over to open the passenger door on his car which was locked. I proceeded to kick the window out before he ****ed off as the lights changed. Oops.

One when I was younger was losing my stuff after waiting for ages for a pump at 5 ways, Hazel Grove (the old set up it anyone is local). Some old badger came in through the exit, took my pump and was refusing to move. A little burnout, some revving etc and a threat to push his car out of the way and he decided to let me have my rightful place at the pump. As I went in to pay, some fat Woman was coming out and I held the door and said for her to go first ‘you weren’t prepared to do that for the old man’. I think my reply was along the lines of telling her I let her out as otherwise I’d not fit in the shop whilst the fat cow was in there.
All of that was overseen by my old neighbour. Oops.
Old 28-10-2019, 09:30 AM   #16
AnthonyUK
Washmitt Meister

Do you feel like this?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yq2qGseZk9U
Old 28-10-2019, 09:45 AM   #17
Kenan
Orbital Oracle

I find it increasing difficult with age to ignoor other peoples bad behaviour. I however prefer to wind people up rather than talk/shout at them because they may decide to him me

For example I had queued up a Tesco waiting for a fuel pump to become free, both cars Infront of me left so I got to the first pump. I start dispensing fuel and a guys pulls up at the pump behind me and starts filling his car. My pump for some reason was running real slow so he finished first, got in his car and turned the engine on. Then he starts edging his car forward towards me while I'm still filling the tank revving his engine. At this point I could of explained what a plank he was and that if he put his car in reverse he could drive round my car and leave. Instead I went into the shop and looked at the ingredients of at lest 5 different chocolate bars in full view of the window before paying for the fuel without buying anything else and returning to my car. The poor guy had turned a funny shade of red and looked like he was going to explode. I left the petrol station in a good mood chucking about the muopet most the day, I fear he wasn't in such a good mood.

Should I of wound him up, probably not but it was a better result for me than trying to talk to him

Sent from my Redmi Note 7 using Tapatalk
The Following User Says Thank You to Kenan For This Useful Post:
spursfan (12-11-2019)
Old 28-10-2019, 11:30 AM   #18
Darlofan

Thanked 1,191 Times in 780 Posts
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenan View Post
I find it increasing difficult with age to ignoor other peoples bad behaviour. I however prefer to wind people up rather than talk/shout at them because they may decide to him me

For example I had queued up a Tesco waiting for a fuel pump to become free, both cars Infront of me left so I got to the first pump. I start dispensing fuel and a guys pulls up at the pump behind me and starts filling his car. My pump for some reason was running real slow so he finished first, got in his car and turned the engine on. Then he starts edging his car forward towards me while I'm still filling the tank revving his engine. At this point I could of explained what a plank he was and that if he put his car in reverse he could drive round my car and leave. Instead I went into the shop and looked at the ingredients of at lest 5 different chocolate bars in full view of the window before paying for the fuel without buying anything else and returning to my car. The poor guy had turned a funny shade of red and looked like he was going to explode. I left the petrol station in a good mood chucking about the muopet most the day, I fear he wasn't in such a good mood.

Should I of wound him up, probably not but it was a better result for me than trying to talk to him

Sent from my Redmi Note 7 using Tapatalk
I was the 2nd car waiting for 2 pumps in front once. Car at front pump left but guy in front of me waiting didn't move so I went round and pulled into the pump. He started blasting his horn and shouting at me. He could not get the logic that he was waiting for the car at rear pump to move so I had not held him up whatsoever. Wife wasn't happy I'd spoken to him even though I remained calm. I'm hoping that guy told his mates about what had happened and one told him he was a knob and he finally clicked as to how stupid he was.
Old 28-10-2019, 11:44 AM   #19
Naddy37
Distinguished Detailer

Thanked 2,390 Times in 1,700 Posts
To the OP, No, I don;t think you have anger issues.

However, reading some of the other posts, majority seriously need to chill out!!
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Naddy37 For This Useful Post:
Darlofan (28-10-2019), muzzer (28-10-2019), possul (28-10-2019), simonharris (31-10-2019)
Old 11-11-2019, 02:56 PM   #20
Oats
Washmitt Meister

Not anger, just abrupt to the point of rudeness, which might make folk less likely to cooperate.

There's a couple of things that I find interesting with regard to this kind of topic. The first is Hanlon's Razor "Don't attribute to malice, what can be adequately attributed to stupidity". The car at the pump is a good example. The second is that ranting, carrying on etc to let your feelings out actually doesn't work. It conditions the brain to that response so actually makes you more predisposed to greater outburst that might come under the 'anger issues' banner.
Closed Thread