Detailing World Forum banner

VM's New facebook page.

3K views 20 replies 11 participants last post by  SBerlyn 
#1 · (Edited)
#10 ·
Start a Valet Magic profile ;)

Facebook used to allow "groups" as people would join them. But then they changed it to "pages" and you can only like them.....

IMO, groups was better as it meant Joe Bloggs could set up a "group" advertising his Window Cleaning business.... IIRC, you didn't have to be a friend of Joe Bloggs to join his group, and from his group he could send a global message/"facebook email"....

I reckon a dedicated profile for VM would be better if it was or advertising purposes ;)

BTW, I clicked like :thumb:

#12 · (Edited)
I think some groups are still around? Maybe before they stopped doing them) Only reason I stated there's a difference is because I'm sure I stumbled upon it the other day and read about the changes. In fact, it was on like an entrapenur (sp) website about how to advertise etc.....

Joining a group makes people feel as though they should only join if they truely want to follow that group
Having a page just means people only have to click like - so you're likely to get more "followers"....

However, speaking from experience, and peoples habbits, people will click "like" and then never go back to that page again. Hell, some people will "like" a page without evening visiting.... IE, a mate of mine could join a page that says "join if you had scrambled eggs this morning"... That would show up under my newsfeeds, all I'd have to do is hover over the link, and click "like" in the pop up baloon.... So I have in theory, liked a page without even visiting it.........

Anyway, enough rambling.....

#19 ·
Twitter is better from a marketing perspective, i use it these days instead of forums to keep people up to date with what we are up to and whats going down with the business, got lots of members who followed us from the start on various forums, now follow us on twitter, i can keep in touch with loads of people all in one place, it works for me, i dont have time to post on loads of forums these days. twitter on my iPhone dose the job. and has even got us a few new customers & contacts.

If you dont get it or its not working for you, i was the same to start with, but its like anything its only what you make it, find some stuff thats of interest to you or relevant to you, follow them and get tweeting, it will all come from there really.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.