Detailing World  

Go Back   Detailing World > Detailing Products > Waxes, Sealants & Paint Protection
DW Home Forum Home Merchandise Store Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Waxes, Sealants & Paint Protection Sponsored by DODO JUICE Light Fantastic , Banana Armour, Orange Crush, Rainforest Rub, Purple Haze - www.dodojuice.com

Old 24-10-2020, 10:30 AM   #81
Turbo Tony
PC Perfectionist

I notice the instructions have changed. Those posted online refer to applying the product 'heavily' onto the surface and also specifically include the use of HD Cleanse:

The instructions on my bottle don't use the word 'heavily' and simply say that it should be applied to a clean surface:

It's a shame that, rather than the short (IMO slightly tacky) advert Zymol did post on YouTube before the product launch, they didn't release something a little more detailed, including the application process.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Screenshot 2020-10-24 at 09.20.04.jpg (20.0 KB, 165 views)
File Type: jpg Zymol.jpg (94.8 KB, 163 views)
Turbo Tony is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Turbo Tony For This Useful Post:
bildo (27-10-2020), DIESEL DAVE (24-10-2020)
Old 24-10-2020, 10:45 AM   #82
DIESEL DAVE
OCD Sufferer (Obsessive Car Detailer)

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by RaceGlazer View Post

I’m responding as their UK Distributor but also because all UK purchasers are my customers and I want to see this set right.
I would think your loyalty has already been recognized Mark
DIESEL DAVE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-10-2020, 12:11 PM   #83
mbaker
Sponge Jockey

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbo Tony View Post

It's a shame that, rather than the short (IMO slightly tacky) advert Zymol did post on YouTube before the product launch, they didn't release something a little more detailed, including the application process.
From the previous YouTube review posted, it looks to me like the guy followed the instructions exactly, fully prepped panel, machine polished, iron remover etc... Applied more product than I would have, either that or it looks really thick and almost polymer like, and buffed after the required time following instructions. Then let it set for 48 hrs.
But to see the hydrophobicity totally die after one wash, there is no defending that!!
HD Cleanse, as far as I know, doesn't have any kind of primer effect, its a paint cleanser with lots of oils in, so how would that make any difference to what so far has looked to be a terrible product?
mbaker is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to mbaker For This Useful Post:
Loach (25-10-2020)
Old 24-10-2020, 01:00 PM   #84
DIESEL DAVE

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by mbaker View Post
From the previous YouTube review posted, it looks to me like the guy followed the instructions exactly, fully prepped panel, machine polished, iron remover etc...
Brian is very experienced and the most meticulous of detailers who is totally impartial that speaks as he finds.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to DIESEL DAVE For This Useful Post:
AndyQash (24-10-2020), Loach (25-10-2020)
Old 24-10-2020, 02:40 PM   #85
pt1

Quote:
Originally Posted by DIESEL DAVE View Post
Brian is very experienced and the most meticulous of detailers who is totally impartial that speaks as he finds.
Agreed

Sent from my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk
pt1 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to pt1 For This Useful Post:
AndyQash (24-10-2020)
Old 24-10-2020, 02:44 PM   #86
RaceGlazer
Approved Trader

Thanked 1,749 Times in 1,207 Posts
Garage
What Brian didn’t do was show any use of (any) paint cleanser or even IPA in his process, and imparted only a very light wipe over of product by spraying a little onto a pad, then wiping it over. That’s clearly not what even the bottle says.

Product is an almost clear QD consistency btw.

HD Cleanse leaves the paint naked and is not a primer for anything.

The change of instructions on the website is the start of getting the right information out but having had only 1 day in work this week I’ve not been able to keep close to developments. I’m also on holiday for a week from Tuesday.

At least it’s good to see our website at the top of the rankings and I believe in Zymol’s development process that this will prove to be a very good product.

www.raceglaze.co.uk
www.morethanpolish.com
www.carcovershop.co.uk
RaceGlazer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-10-2020, 03:31 PM   #87
Titanium Htail

Thanked 1,074 Times in 946 Posts
Garage
I am a big Zymöl fan bought many products over the decades, they have a big range, the products they sell are part of the brands reputation we await the conclusive support from Zymöl.

Thanks Mark.
Titanium Htail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-10-2020, 04:15 PM   #88
DIESEL DAVE

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by RaceGlazer View Post
What Brian didn’t do was show any use of (any) paint cleanser or even IPA in his process, and imparted only a very light wipe over of product by spraying a little onto a pad, then wiping it over. That’s clearly not what even the bottle says.
If you checkout Brians video from 4.48 he does confirm how before testing products he always preps the surface (wash, decon, clay, ferrous metal remover, polish) before applying them twice with a 24hr minimum cure time.
This has been his standard procedure before his durability tests of many many sealants and has always been successfully in the past of showing their strengths and weaknesses.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to DIESEL DAVE For This Useful Post:
AndyQash (24-10-2020), gatecrasher3 (25-10-2020), Loach (25-10-2020), Rappy (14-11-2020)
Old 24-10-2020, 04:34 PM   #89
AndyQash
Orbital Oracle

Garage
You beat me to it, Dave...I have watched the video again and was just about to post the very same, from 4.48 you can clearly see Brian doing all of the things that Mark says he didn't do.

He gives the test panel 4 big sprays, directly onto the panel and then spreads it with the pad, this clearly lays down a really thick layer.
AndyQash is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to AndyQash For This Useful Post:
DIESEL DAVE (24-10-2020)
Old 25-10-2020, 01:53 AM   #90
atbalfour

Thanked 1,097 Times in 705 Posts
Garage
Reading Mark's comments on the YouTube video, he / Zymol feel like Brian was 'unprofessional' to post his results online without first giving Zymol a chance to reply and offer advice ... that's not how YouTube works.

That's why Brian's channel has many avid supporters, he is not just a professional but it's obvious that he has no other affiliation or motivation but to help his followers, he put the damn thing on his personal car he's spent over 100 hours working on - surely that in itself is evidence that he had great expectations and put a giant leap of faith in the product.

To suggest that a pro detailer who talks about IPA and Panel Wipe in every video I've seen (and has already confirmed that he DID panel wipe), and is a serial LSP reviewer didn't prep his panel is just ridiculous and laughable.

If I was one of those with the product I'd be filming every step of the process and if these results are replicated I'd be availing of my consumer protection based on the ludicrous claims that the manufacturer makes. If Zymol begin to claim that HD Cleanse is essential I'd also say it's been misleadingly sold.. surely their testing would have flagged this !!!

Last edited by atbalfour; 25-10-2020 at 01:56 AM.
atbalfour is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to atbalfour For This Useful Post:
11alan111 (25-10-2020), AndyQash (25-10-2020), DIESEL DAVE (31-10-2020), gatecrasher3 (25-10-2020), Loach (25-10-2020), Muska (29-10-2020), Rappy (14-11-2020)