Detailing World  

Go Back   Detailing World > Lifestyle > The Motoring Zone
DW Home Forum Home Merchandise Store Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

The Motoring Zone Just bought a car? Need advice on a car? Want to chat about cars generally? Here is the place to do it.

Old 15-01-2019, 09:31 AM   #11
andy665
OCD Sufferer (Obsessive Car Detailer)

Thanked 3,737 Times in 2,075 Posts
I have used VW screen wash for years - really nice fragrance and superb cleaning at a reasonable price - tried others but always end up going back to the VW one
andy665 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-01-2019, 10:19 AM   #12
Fatboy40
Sponge Jockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by olliewills View Post
If it's water-based then you'd probably be fine with mixing it into screen wash. You'd want to be careful that it doesn't stain the paint if it has colouring though. Obviously you don't want to be putting any essential oils in your washer bottle!
The colouring is a good point, what I initially found did have vivid colouring in the liquid but the vendor sells the same product as well with no colouring.

The fragrances I've been looking at are in a base liquid / emulsion that's mostly Glycol / IPA / and other "ols", so pretty much what you'd find in a screenwash anyhow when you look at their SDS so all should be OK.
Fatboy40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-01-2019, 10:27 AM   #13
Fatboy40
Sponge Jockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by tictap View Post
Same here, got cola, apple and bubblegum and to be honest i could hardly smell it from within the car maybe only for a few seconds.
Same here in that any fragrance is only a brief hit so I'd like it to be a little stronger, also I've found that the fragrance strength degrades pretty quickly once in the washer reservoir (as I'm assuming it's then exposed to the air and will evaporate off?) so I'd like to be able to top it up.

All of this is just a nice to have / me playing around, however my commute is down some filthy country roads and I use so much screenwash.

I'm going to buy some when I get paid and play around with it outside of the car first to see how it reacts.
Fatboy40 is offline   Reply With Quote