#1 ·
Ok we thought we would start doing a few polls

So this one is very Simple

Snow Foam

Yes
OR
No

#124 · (Edited)
Hi all, I discovered snowfoam before joining the forum and as a busy Driving Instructor saving five to seven quid two to five times a week, over a "No brushes, no rollers, no scratches" (Yeah right) hand job it's ideal. Not to mention the caustic damage their pre-wash spray has done to alloys.
I'm obviously fortunate in that it's sheltered & doesn't blow around, sloping so drains into gutter and have PW living by tap & socket in corner of garage.
Set everything up, then nail it with AS G101 on wheels, snow on everything (J Wac Juice by Jet Wash Accessory Centre), carefully but quickly get round alloys while SF dwells (like Fozzy's post) & cools paintwork (important for me on bonnet, warm panels & the other wheels). Rinse lot, then TW professional wash & wax with mitt, rinse, microfibre dry and sometimes polish (AS Mirror Finish).
I pay no gym sub and sit all day so it does me good and the car looks great for 200k & ten years old.

#125 ·
I use AF Avalanche although I use it with a Karcher foam attachment so I tend to find it really quite thin. I tried to use Power Maxed TFR with the Maesto former. That seems to work well but always seems to be a really patchy finish, not sure where I'm going wrong with that

#140 · (Edited)
I use foam most times. After watching Alfie Renadhy's videos on YouTube I plan changing my product. Apparently some foams are next to useless. He has an interesting take on product dilution too. Instead of 1 or two inches of product in the bottle (which always struck me as a cop-out), he dilutes with precision. I did email AutoFinesse asking about the absolute dilution ratio for their Avalanche foams. I never got a response. Not in their interest I suppose, if you use too much product they sell more.

Alfie Renadhy reveals four foam products that have good efficiency. The following are the notes I made while watching through the videos.

"Sams Active snow foam £16.99 for 5 litres use 150Ml-200ml per shot = 33 - 25 shots. Price per shot = £0.51 - £0.67 Not pH neutral. Recommended use for Winter washes 90%+ efficient
Sam's pH neutral 1 litre for £5.99 6.6 shots = £0.90 shot 60%-80% efficient
Autofinesse avalanche 1-2" 120-240ml per shot at lowest = 41 shots or 20 shots at 240ml. Price per shot £0.75 - £1.50 80 -90% effciient
Inspired automotive ('does not strip wax' claimed) 200-300 ml per shot = 25 - 66 shots at £25.50 delivered. Price per shot = £ 1.02 - £1.60 80-90% efficient"

#144 ·
Hi to all from the Sunny Brisbane, Australia.

New member here.
I have watched a number of Alfie videos and while his % calls are a bit of a rubbish from the scientific point of view i do like his comments as he calls it as he sees it. I did however pick up from him a more precise way to measure the PIR ratio of the snow foam mixture. The old saying of an inch at the bottom of 1L bottle just never cut with me.

Anyhow, over the years i have developed my own way to wash my car. The first few steps are
1) PW the car to get any loose dirt out
2) Use AG Multiwash TFR diluted as per pump sprayer ration. And spray the whole car with it, since the car is already wet the dilution ration is super safe and does work quire good on any oily Traffic Film. It this is my main cleaning product.
3) Mix around 50ml of car shampoo (depends on the brand) to 500ml of warm/hot water in the foam lance. I then use this to foam the car while the TFR is on it. This way the "mostly useless car shampoo" is used to increase the dwell time of the main cleaning solution.
4) After 5-8 mins, PW the whole car. Removing both the TFR and car shampoo snow foam

There is another reason for my method, but that for another post.

Cheers

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.