Detailing World  

Go Back   Detailing World > Gallery > The Showroom
DW Home Forum Home Merchandise Store Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

The Showroom Detailed something and want to show it off? Do it here... This is the place for you to show the world....

Old 05-01-2020, 09:27 PM   #1
350Chris
PC Perfectionist

Garage
Buried Disco Sport

As an early disclaimer - I am a passionate hobbyist when it comes to this Detailing lark. I am not a Professional nor have I charged for this (or any cars). I am not setting up a Business. Detailing gives me a break from a day to day that keeps me in front of screens in a high pressure job.

So this car gets used to go to and from a farm...the owner aims for deep water puddles to create bow wave whenever possible

It gets USED...under this pile of mud is a car

The side steps act as a shelf to store grime on...as did the arches and rear bumper crevices

I hit it with every chemical in my arsenal...and it needed them!

Green star was the first pass - mainly because I forgot I had it and wanted to empty a bottle. I left it for a good dwell time and it really broke up the muck under the muck
It really impressed me again...hard to see here but the top boot section wasn’t green stared and you can just about see the extra yellowing...it was much more obvious in person

After the green star, I gave it a full foam - a stage which I am going off. I’m only doing it to use up products. Followed by breaking in my new detail factory brushes in the tight places and a wash down with wax planet shampoo (all festive gifts)...it looked clean at this point...but this was the third pass of ironx

With the iron fallout dispatched, it was tar-o’clock...angelwax Nemesis took 2 passes

After another rinse and a towel dry down I gave the windscreen and panoramic roof a couple of coats of angelwax H2go. I used juicy details rain repellent previously...and it is now consigned to the ‘spares’ pile or for side windows only...it is appalling for durability

With the glass curing, I started waxing and was immediately reminded why I hate waxing white cars... I should have used a deeper coloured wax so that I could see where I’d been...and something with more flake enhancement would have been more rewarding on the frozen white pearl

A couple of layers of wax planet iWax later, some infinity wax rubber treatment for trims and tyres...the lid for which has gone walkies

A big car...and I’m feeling it in the shoulders this evening - luckily red wine and rum works as an anaesthetic

Last edited by 350Chris; 07-01-2020 at 02:38 PM.
350Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to 350Chris For This Useful Post:
Andyblue (05-01-2020), Cookies (05-01-2020), DLGWRX02 (05-01-2020), GSVHammer (06-01-2020)
Old 05-01-2020, 10:11 PM   #2
Andyblue
Distinguished Detailer

Thanked 3,966 Times in 3,211 Posts
Buried Disco Sport

Nice write up, done a great job there - definite improvement :thumb

Enjoy the wine

They are big though - I did my mate from work when they picked up there’s, definitely felt it that night

Last edited by Andyblue; 05-01-2020 at 10:14 PM.
Andyblue is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Andyblue For This Useful Post:
350Chris (06-01-2020), LostVulpine (05-01-2020)
Old 05-01-2020, 10:32 PM   #3
DLGWRX02
OCD Sufferer (Obsessive Car Detailer)

Thanked 1,801 Times in 1,204 Posts
Garage
That’s one hell of a turn around. I too do this purely as a get out the house, I find it therapeutic and a great way to unwind. I hope the owner showed some gratitude and at least avoids the puddles for a day or two.lol
DLGWRX02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2020, 11:15 PM   #4
Cookies
Distinguished Detailer + Dw Reviewer

Thanked 6,143 Times in 4,324 Posts
Garage
I’m also like you, just a keen hobbyist, mostly for therapy value after work. That’s a fantastic job on a wonderfully dirty car lol.

Thanks for sharing.

Cooks

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Cookies is offline   Reply With Quote